Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2008, 22:49   #1
BHPian

Why I decided to buy Chevrolet Aveo 1.4

Well I decided to go in for my first car in May. I had to buy the vehicle from CSD and since I had decided on a sedan the choice within my budget were:-

1. Maruti Dzire; 2. Chevrolet Aveo; 3. Hyundai Verna; 4. Ford Fiesta

1. Maruti Dzire. I first went to the Maruti showroom at Indore. The sales guys were plain rude and cocky. The manager didn't even have the courtesy to spit out his paan while talking to customers. Moreover since they were pretty sure of good bookings of the Dzire the sales attempts were halfhearted; nay zero hearted. One down, three to go.

2. Hyundai Verna. A Hyundai backing and good reviews almost tempted me. The test vehicle was well maintained and really impressed me with its handling. But the looks were outdated. Made a mental note of the car and waltzed out. Two down, two to go.

3. Chevrolet Aveo. Landed up at Super Cars, Indore. Cheerful staff and responsive salespersons. Wasn't very impressed with the Telescopic display's but what the heck. Just then an old couple landed up at the showroom in a spark. They wanted to get their first servicing done. Though the service centre was some distance from the showroom the salesman called up a driver and after offering the old couple some water and tea sent the driver along with them to the service centre. Now that was Bloody Impressive!!! That's the kind of service that comes from the heart!!

4. Ford Fiesta. Peppy engine and superb handling. Good to drive and decent mileage make it a good car for youngsters. But oft heard quotes of high maintainence costs made me back off.

The Final Round. Landed back at the Chevy Showroom and took the Aveo for a TD. Only one word can describe the vehicle "Makkhan" (that's Butter for non hindi types). The interiors are the best in its category and mileage is pretty decent too. Came back the next day for another TD and made up my mind. My only grouse is that they could have made at least ABS optional.

Finance.
The base cost is 5.19 (that's Ex CSD). Insurance, registration and other addons will bring it to 5.5 approx. Now that's real VFM. i've booked the veh at Chandigarh and will hopefully pick it up in mid June.

The Journey. i've planned to drive down from C'garh via Delhi, Jaipur to Indore (that's 'bout 1000 kms). So any suggestions on the route are welcome at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ipur-agra.html

Until then Ciao and best wishes.
Old 17th May 2008, 00:17   #2
BHPian

Welcome to Aveo family, Congrats for your booking. I also had a similar experiance with maruti while booking dzire. Anyway I need to thank Martui dealers for pushing me to select a good VFM sedan.
Old 17th May 2008, 01:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Unless Maruti does something about its production constraints, it will keep on losing customers! But does it care ?
Old 17th May 2008, 05:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man. Short & sweet report on your decision. I agree, the sales man attitude make real difference.
Finally, I started seeing some sales in the Aveo region too. Interesting. Lets see what our Vasudeva puts up for this month sales
Old 19th May 2008, 22:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

I own an Aveo for almost 2 years, I had only Fiesta and City as mu options. I still beleive I made a mistake, needless to mention again Aveo is in the last in the row of its segment of cars.
I missed Verna by a month and SX4 by a year. I TDed all the cars, by far SX4 is superior, and I already had enough problems with Aveo to take out my piece of mind.
I am waiting for a right SUV now, and I do not want to make the same mistake as I did with Aveo.

Friend, am i sorry that i missed you to give my openion before you own an Aveo. Looks like you have decided for a car based on its sales end. :-(
Old 19th May 2008, 22:34   #6
BHPian

Please Elaborate

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I am waiting for a right SUV now, and I do not want to make the same mistake as I did with Aveo.

Friend, am i sorry that i missed you to give my openion before you own an Aveo. Looks like you have decided for a car based on its sales end. :-(
Whoo Haa! That's the first negative review of the Aveo I've heard. Could you please elaborate as to what mistakes are present in the Aveo, as I'm still a newbie.

I also hope that you are referrring to the new Aveo (launched in approx Dec 07) as it has an Improved Gearshift and Interiors.
Old 9th July 2008, 12:19   #7
BHPian

Does anyone know what brand of Head Unit comes in the Aveo Limited Edition?
Old 9th July 2008, 13:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

i think it was a kenwood the one with aux
Old 9th July 2008, 14:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Me too hearing such a bad review for Aveo for the first time. The only issue i had heard was the gear and that the car is not a performance oriented one. But i guess different people have different needs.

IMO it has the best looks and best interiors.
Old 9th July 2008, 14:44   #10
BHPian

A really excellent choice for a car - as far as mid size segment petrol cars are concerned.

The interiors are really best in its class and the car truly is Makhkhan.

Regarding the HU, if it comes loaded with one and has six speakers, I suggest that you upgrade the rear ovals and install a sub with an amp. The only problem with the built in HU might be the lack of preouts, however, your accesories guy will be able to install a booster to the rear speaker wires and connect the sub and the amp. I just got it done on my friend's Aveo and it sounds good.

Cheers!
Old 9th July 2008, 16:38   #11
BHPian

Siraj, is the one supplied by default in the Aveo with 6 speakers, a Kenwood? (as mentioned above by manikjeet)
Old 9th July 2008, 16:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Raj! Chevy Aveo is a nice choice!

It has got fresh looks, nice interiors and a decent engine!
Old 9th July 2008, 16:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Aveo and do post some pics and also update your report here after your servicing. Any issues faced? And i know many people who wanted a Dzire but switched to Aveo and are pretty happy with it.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:24   #14
BHPian

It is a beauty that you have. Is this Cashmere?
Old 9th July 2008, 17:49   #15
BHPian

Yep its cashmere. Will post some better photos soon as I'm on the road currently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks