Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2008, 09:40   #46
Senior - BHPian

but hey, beige will stay beige. After a few months in the sun, my black interiors are all grey :|
Old 26th May 2008, 10:54   #47
BANNED

Hearty congratulations, crosscap!

Good to see yet another Tata petrol car owner. Please ensure you do a proper run-in: no, not the take it easy and gentle types, but take it upto 2000 - 2500 rpm in each gear before upshifting. Do this religiously for the first 1000 km (without worrying about mileage) and you'll end up with a super smooth engine.

Wishing you many kilometres of happy motoring!
Old 26th May 2008, 12:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Hearty congratulations, crosscap!

Good to see yet another Tata petrol car owner. Please ensure you do a proper run-in: no, not the take it easy and gentle types, but take it upto 2000 - 2500 rpm in each gear before upshifting. Do this religiously for the first 1000 km (without worrying about mileage) and you'll end up with a super smooth engine.

Wishing you many kilometres of happy motoring!
Hi hrag, thank you for this very useful tip. I was not doing this. I was paying more attention to fuel economy. I thought that I should ask somebody from this forum about driving during run-in period.
Old 26th May 2008, 14:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
If it's not too much to ask, could you perhaps post some pictures of the boot, and the iPod while connected to the Head Unit?
OK, I shall post few pics. of the boot tonight. I have posted one picture with my ipod touch being played on the Blaupunkt HU.

Quote:
Also, would like to see how the steering cover looks on the wheel. What color is it?
Light brown. I haven't yet fixed it. Will do that soon.

Does the vehicle have one or two trip meters?

Quote:
What is the area, right below the Head Unit - the one with the black lid-like cover? Is it meant for cell phone charging?
Yes, you got it!

Quote:
I recommend that you have the stock tube type tires exchanged for tubeless ones. The sooner, the better; this way, they'd fetch ya' a better price.
OK, I will do that. Where will the stock tyres go? Should I ask for exchange or I have to buy it?
Old 26th May 2008, 14:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Crosscap, you missed one
Quote:
I believe it should , since my indica has 2
Old 26th May 2008, 15:52   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Crosscap, you missed one

I believe it should , since my indica has 2
Oh Yeah! Thank you greenhorn. Luvjascha, yes, there are two tripmeters. These are pretty much standard nowadays.
Old 26th May 2008, 16:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

What is the mileage of the Petrol CS and Diesel CS/Dicor CS ?

i know its too early to ask but still anybody have any idea ?

Thanks
Old 27th May 2008, 07:11   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscap View Post
I have posted one picture with my ipod touch being played on the Blaupunkt HU
Isn't there a USB jack on the HU, where the iPod USB cable plugs in?

Quote:
Where will the stock tyres go? Should I ask for exchange or I have to buy it?
You exchange the stock tires for tubeless ones. I suggest you go to a credible tire dealership to have this done.
Old 27th May 2008, 11:04   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't there a USB jack on the HU, where the iPod USB cable plugs in?
No Mumbai MP26 doesn't come with a USB port. The high end HU's from Blaupunkt have such port. Blaupunkt's brocheure is available from their website.
Old 28th May 2008, 18:53   #55
BHPian

Pics. of the boot

Few pics. of the boot including the spare tyre, jack, free tools from Tata, spanner, car cover, boot light and emergency triangular red mark.

I got my Indigo CS GLS-dsc00024.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-dsc00026.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-dsc00027.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-dsc00028.jpg

I got my Indigo CS GLS-dsc00029.jpg
Old 28th May 2008, 20:11   #56
BANNED

Your rear seat belts need to be on the rear seat, not in the boot!
Old 28th May 2008, 22:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Your rear seat belts need to be on the rear seat, not in the boot!
Quite true hrag. The fellows who fitted the seat cover, messed it up. Here, people do not care about seat belts. My own colleagues(profs.) laugh at me when I put on seat belts. Thank you for pointing it out. I will fix it soon.

The car is running smoothly. The AC is very efficient; cools the chamber within few minutes even in scorching heat outside(42-45C). The gearshift is smoother if I upshift at around 2500-2600 rpm, as suggested by hrag. Is it because the torque hits the maximum at that rpm? Even at lower rpms, the shift is very smooth. I have read few reviews where people have complained about the gearshift of Tata cars. I learnt driving on a wagonr. Without any doubt, my car's gearshift is smoother. The dashboard when illuminated at night, looks nicer. The central and remote locking from Minda is working flawlessly. And oh Blaupunkt! it's great, amazing! The triaxial rear speakers will blow you off the car. It's damn powerful, yet the sound doen't at all crack!

I didn't get much chance to drive around except going to my office and back home and occasional visit to nearby groceries, as the registration was not done. Today the registration is done. I am supposed to get the number plates tomorrow. The RC book will take another 10-15 days to be ready.

More later....
Old 31st May 2008, 16:06   #58
BHPian

Initial driving impression and a question on mileage

Today, I have driven the car for about 50 kms., partly within the city and partly on highways(bi-lane). It was an absolute pleasure to drive this car. The ride is smooth, very little jerk even on roads full of potholes. The engine is very quiet. I revved it up to 2000 rpm on the 1st gear few times; the sound was quite soothing. I must admit that this car is actually meant for highway driving. with little pressure on the gas pedal, it easily hits 60 on speedo at 4th gear. Within city I could reach 40 within few minutes after shifting to 3rd. At 60, it was very stable and the grip on the road was superb.

I filled the tank today in the morning at a local reliable Indian Oil gas station. The stations here in Allahabad are infamous for their malpractices with tampering the meter and quality of oil. I heard that this filling station is reliable, so I filled up the tank before the forthcoming price hike. I have a question on mileage. Initially I filled up the tank with 5 litres of petrol, which was paid by the dealer. Day before yesterday, in the late evening, my car refused to start. I could start the engine after cranking but it immediately stops. I was quite puzzled thinking that there might be some trouble with my new car. Fortunately it stopped inside the campus of my institute. I could get hold of a local mechanic. he immediately pointed out that I ran out of fuel. From the odometer, I found that I have hardly driven 45 kms. So the mileage is 9 km with AC on all the time and car being driven on the 2nd gear for most of the time. However, I am not satisfied with this calculation. I am not sure whether there was still some fuel left in the tank and the car being big, will not run with so less amount of fuel. To put in other way round, suppose, I just put 1 litre or 2 litres of fuel. Will I be able to drive a car with 1193 cc engine? If not, then it is possible that tehre was some fuel left left in the tank but the car simply refused to start with so little amount of fuel. Any feedback on this point will be very helpful. I have noted down the odometer reading when I filled up the tank. When the oil gauge hits the halfway mark, I shall again note the odometer reading and let you know.

I am little bit upet about one point. Today I cleaned the car with plain water at a local garage. Those fellows at the garage pointed out some little scratches on the boot cover. I have posted few pics. below. of it. I don't know how it happened. Sometime I found that few boys playing near the parking lot of our office, had written their names on the dirt piled up on the boot cover.

The 2nd picture also shows the amount of panel gap of the boot cover. Tata motors ; are you listening? I don't expect such finishing for a car worth Rs. 3.9 lacs!

The 3rd photo depicts the steering cover, now fitted in its place.

That's all for now. I shall head off to Mumbai for a fortnight tomorrow. I shall start reporting about my experience once I come back.

Scratches
I got my Indigo CS GLS-dsc00030.jpg

Scratches
I got my Indigo CS GLS-dsc00031.jpg

Steering Cover
I got my Indigo CS GLS-dsc00032.jpg
Old 31st May 2008, 16:28   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
suppose, I just put 1 litre or 2 litres of fuel. Will I be able to drive a car with 1193 cc engine? If not, then it is possible that tehre was some fuel left left in the tank but the car simply refused to start with so little amount of fuel. Any feedback on this point will be very helpful.
The amount of fuel you have has nothing to do with your car's performance. That might happen in a bike, where petrol is fed by gravity feed. However, not in a diesel car with high pressure injection.

However, i think the fuel level wont go till full empty. I think Ford fiesta has it, not sure about Indigo. The system is in place to prevent the tank from going empty, and sucking air which could damage the high pressure system. (AFAIK, please correct if wrong)
Old 31st May 2008, 16:55   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They all come with two trip meters nowadays, A and B.

Quote:
What is the area, right below the Head Unit - the one with the black lid-like cover? Is it meant for cell phone charging?
Its an electrical socket. Can be fitted with a car lighter, mobile charger or any other electrical accessory that has a car attachment at the socket end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks