Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscap View Post
Yeah, I am posting from Mumbai now.
You drove down to Mumbai in your CS?
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:43   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Dippy. I am happy that veterans like you and GTO and others are reading my posts. I shall keep you updated.

Yeah, I am posting from Mumbai now.
Sorry for going off topic but maybe we could have a mini meet sometime.
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:46   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Crosscap please do not wait till your car runs dry before refuelling. There is always some unusable reserve in the fuel tank. Moreover, if you go up or down an incline with very little fuel it gets pushed to the rear end of the tank and the fromnt end respectively. In my Indica the car stalls if I go down an inclline with very litle fuel in the tank.( I believe that the fuel hose is connected a the rear end of the tank and the car is deprived of fuel when you go down an incline with very little fuel in the tank).
Hey, Rajneesh. Thank you for your post man! I am quite happy to get so much support from all you Tata car owners. I will never keep the tank empty. In fact I could not go out of the campus without all the proper papers.
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:35   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
You drove down to Mumbai in your CS?
No, SumitB, I left it in Allahabad. Had I knew earlier that I will get the car before my Mumbai trip, I wouldn't have booked my air ticket .
Old 3rd June 2008, 09:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
No, SumitB, I left it in Allahabad. Had I knew earlier that I will get the car before my Mumbai trip, I wouldn't have booked my air ticket .
Actually I asked that question as I feel that the best way to run-in a vehicle is to take it on the highway for a long drive! Rather than restraining oneself for a prolonged period of time for a few kilometres everyday, one should go for a longish drive and get over with it
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:22   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi crosscap,

It is going along strongly. I seem to be lucky with Tata vehicles and this is my fourth one. Sumo, Safari, Indica and now Marina.
trrk, you didn't get lucky with Tata cars. They ARE good cars. No nonsense, value for money cars. Built solid and offer you most for the price they cost you. The only thing they lack is a pedigree and a sympathetic auto press. Also, cabbies' abuse of Indica has given it some negative publicity but I know people whose Tata cars run as good as a Honda or a Toyota. It all boils down to adherance to timely maintenance schedules. I have seen Indicas keep up with ease with much bigger and expensive cars on highway. And even after 10 years, I find Indica one of the best looking hatches around.
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hi sagar,

> trrk, you didn't get lucky with Tata cars. They ARE good cars. No nonsense,
> value for money cars.

Sorry, being a die hard fan of the Indica family, I somehow messed up in conveying to you. That stems out of the fact that quite a few who write in the Indica forum do have problems and hence the comment about 'lucky'

Since this would be off topic here, it would interest you that I replaced my Indica with a Accent Viva CRDi and after 11 months with it, replaced it with the present Marina LS TDi. It is 32 months old with 41500+km in it. I would jump into it and take it to any destination without hesitation.

Sorry, crosscap.
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi sagar,

> value for money cars.

Sorry, being a die hard fan of the Indica family, I somehow messed up in conveying to you. That stems out of the fact that quite a few who write in the Indica forum do have problems and hence the comment about 'lucky'

Since this would be off topic here, it would interest you that I replaced my Indica with a Accent Viva CRDi and after 11 months with it, replaced it with the present Marina LS TDi. It is 32 months old with 41500+km in it. I would jump into it and take it to any destination without hesitation.

Sorry, crosscap.
No need to feel sorry trrk and pgsagar. After all, you are discussing cars from tata stable and myself being part of that community, I must be aware about all these facts. I quite agree with pgsagar; very well said pgsagar.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:24   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi crosscap,

> No need to feel sorry trrk

I did not want to digress from the subject, that's all.

> I quite agree with pgsagar; very well said pgsagar.

Me too. But then my experience happens to be with the diesel models from the Tata stable. My association with a petrol model was limited to an Indigo. With its upsized tyres it could give me only 9.5kpl or about 10kpl when I had it. It was with AC on. The 1.4L engine was refined, smooth and it was nice to drive.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

to go further off topic, even though I'm very happy with my ride, and close friend of mine has a xeta with which he is satisfied as well, i still give a standard disclaimer when i recommend tata cars to friends,that tata cars may have issues, and service isnt upto the mark. I dont want to risk spoiling a friendship due to tata's bad QC/A.S.S. I remeber telling crosscap the same
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Disclaimer: having said all this, there seem to be more lemons among tata cars ( i guess because they sell more) Some members here, especially early buyers got some bad ones. I was aware that buying/owning a tata is a small gamble. I'm happy that I've been winning at it so far. But I wont be held responsible for this advice - it's given as is :-)

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd June 2008 at 21:01.
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:17   #86
Senior - BHPian

[quote=trrk;852274]Hi sagar,

> value for money cars.

trrk, the word no-nonsense was meant for Indica. That is, I meant that Indica is a no-nonsense car. I did not call your post a nonsense. Calling any one's post / reply a nonsense is very offensive and I do not indulge in inflicting such insults. If my reply conveyed a meaning other than intended, then I am sorry.

Good to see your positive observations about Tata cars. And yours too, Crosscap. I think Tata cars deserve more credit than has been accorded to them.
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:55   #87
BHPian

Quote:
to go further off topic, even though I'm very happy with my ride, and close friend of mine has a xeta with which he is satisfied as well, i still give a standard disclaimer when i recommend tata cars to friends,that tata cars may have issues, and service isnt upto the mark. I dont want to risk spoiling a friendship due to tata's bad QC/A.S.S. I remeber telling crosscap the same
I also follow the similar practice. At the same time, I tell my friends that Tata cars to some extent had been victimized due to negative publicity. There exists a group of people who knows nothing about cars. This group will eventually opt for maruti and start spreading all sorts nonsense rumors about Tata cars. For example, one of my friends had told me that Tata cars don't have "kamanis" but maruti omni has it. So Tata cars are not reliable. I don't know the exact english word for 'kamani' but it's the shock absorber made of metal sheets, commonly found in trucks and old buses which ply on indian roads. These are all obsolete so far as Euro II standard is concerned, I guess. As a matter of fact he shock absorber in indica families are in fact much better than alto, zen estilo, wagnor and even swift.( I exclude sx4 since I never drove it).

Last edited by crosscap : 4th June 2008 at 00:00.
Old 4th June 2008, 00:01   #88
Senior - BHPian

I feel that the suspension in the swift is better than the indica. the only thing i liked about the swift. yet to drive it though. My best friend has a swift, and we carpool , and i like the ride in his car better
Old 4th June 2008, 00:08   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I feel that the suspension in the swift is better than the indica. the only thing i liked about the swift. yet to drive it though. My best friend has a swift, and we carpool , and i like the ride in his car better
Have you compared it with CS or plane indigo? Am I biased? I found that the rear suspension in both swift and dzire is somewhat stiff compared to these two.
Old 4th June 2008, 00:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

nope , just with my indica. i felt the ride over bumpy roads to be smoother with the swift. or it may be my friends driving. will know for sure once i drive it myself

Most Viewed