Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 22:42   #1
BHPian

I got my Indigo CS GLS

After a long wait of nearly 6 weeks after booking, I got my scarlet red Indigo CS GLS today. The full story starting from the pre-purchase plan, shorlisting of cars, negotiation with the dealers, final shortlisting, zeroing in on the Indigo CS GLS, moment of frustration with delay in delivery from the dealer, moment of happiness and all such unwritten emotions, experiences till date can be found here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...cs-road-8.html

Today morning, I first called the workshop to make sure that the car had reached there from Lucknow. They confirmed that it indeed has reached there and undergoing PDI. In fact, the car was not sent on Sunday but yesterday in the afternoon. Anyways, today being holiday in govt. institution, I thought that I will take the delivery today itself.

I called the sales manager and he also confirmed the arrival of the car. He requested me to come to their showroom at around 12:30 PM. At 1:30 PM sharp, I reached the showroom along with my friend. I do not have a digital camera but he had one. Moreover, i wanted a second opinion from here as suggested by the great bhpian normally_crazy in his very useful PDI checklist post. I took the printout of that with me. In the showroom, I found the area sales manager to be present. I was happy since his presence will help me finalize the deal. Due to the delay in delivery, they promised me some deal that they can offer. First I went to their stockyard, where my red little sweety is standing. It was a bit dark place. I checked the exterior thoroughly for any dent, damage etc. since it was actually driven from Lucknow. I could not get delivered directly to Allahabad(That's a different story. I will tell you someday). Next, I checked all the electricals. All of them was working perfectly. My friend started taking some snaps. I was not happy yet. I told them to bring the car in broad daylight, so that I can check everything thorouighly. They hapily did it. Then I checked everything again. There was no dent, damage, paint job, nothing on the exterior. All the lights inside and outside are working perfectly. I started the engine, heard the sound, checked the ac... no problem. Thereafter I took a little test drive around the place. There is no problem in reversing the car. Finally I checked whether the spare tyre, spanner, tools, red triangular reflector for warning, jack are in place. Yes, they are there.

Satisfied, I sat with the sales manager and general manager to finalize the deal. They could not give me discount on the price of the car. However, I was offerred a 10% discount on all the accessories for ICE and remote cum central locking, I will buy from them, instead of the 5% which they promised when I booked the car. Moreover, in the free accessories, I have a choice to upgrade which will be totally free. Finally they will give me 10 litres petrol free of cost. I liked this offer. I closed the deal then and there. The final onroad price turns out to be around Rs. 4,14,000/-.

I got the following as a part of free accessories :

1. Mud flap
2. Floor mat
3. Seat cover(upgraded from denim to a nice looking fabric cover in gray shade)
4. Car cover
5. Steering cover
6. Perfume

I ICE'd my car with basic Blaupunkt music system :

A) Mumbai MP 26 HU
B) BGx 402 front speakers
C) GTx 693 triaxial speakers rear speakers

I also installed the central locking + remote key from Minda which comes with 3 year warranty. The reason I didn't opt for autocop for central locking was that there is no service centre for autocop in Allahabad whereas Minda has one. The total cost for the music system plus the central locking was around 14K after the 10% discount.

It took almost 4 hours to get all the accessories fitted. We waited from 1:30 PM till 7:15 PM in the showroom. At the very end, I signed the customer feedback form. Today, being holiday, registration could not be done. It will be done tomorrow at the very first hour. I need not go there anymore. The dealer will send a person to fetch all the necessary docs. from me.

The car is standing in front of house with the cover put on. I am feeling very happy right now.

Yes, I know, you will ask for pictures. My friends took 7-8 snaps. I shall post them tomorrow.

Thanks to all the bhpians who have helped me through their discussion, post and suggestion to buy my first car in India. In particular, I would like to mention that I am very much grateful to greenhorn, xehaust, ezee, iraghava and luvjascha for their wonderful support.

P.S: This is for luvjascha : yes, the glasses are tinted. The dealer confirmed it. I didn't go for the alloy wheel right now due to some budgetary constraints. I shall get it done after the first service. I shall get the anti-rust coating then too.

Last edited by crosscap : 20th May 2008 at 22:47.
Old 20th May 2008, 22:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy, Crosscap! :-)

Would be interesting to know why your vehicle had to be driven down.

And yes, photos please! ;-)
Old 20th May 2008, 22:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your new ride. Have fun!
Do post some pics.
Old 20th May 2008, 23:07   #4
BHPian

Congratulations! I had been following your pursuit of the car for a long time on your other thread! Yours happens to be the first DELIVERED CS on T-BHP so congratulations once again. Keep us posted on the performance of the vehicle and post some pictures.
Old 20th May 2008, 23:34   #5
BANNED

Jaydeep,

Congratulations brother! And yes - pictures, pictures, pictures!!!
Old 20th May 2008, 23:49   #6
BHPian

Congrats Crosscap. Enjoy your new car Please do continue on with your reports.
Old 21st May 2008, 00:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Money. Looks a great deal.

Post some pics please.

Enjoi !
Old 21st May 2008, 00:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car Crosscap! And just a suggestion, if you do not intend to keep the car for more than 5 years than no need to get the Anti-Rust coating done especially taking in consideration Allahabad weather. Have fun!
Old 21st May 2008, 01:05   #9
BHPian

Congrats on the buy man...the colour choice is fabulous. I have seen a couple of CSs here in that colour.
Treat her well!
Old 21st May 2008, 01:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Good choice! Congrats! Here's wishing you miles & miles of safe driving.
Old 21st May 2008, 01:21   #11
BHPian

congrats on your Purchase!

I have senn many Indigo CS in my Town but all were white and look good in white .

Waiting for your pics to see it in RED

Best Wishes!
Old 21st May 2008, 07:59   #12
BHPian

Cograts. Please post some photos of your new vehicle.
cheers:
Old 21st May 2008, 08:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new CS. So, CS in T-BHP is 2 now. Great. I wonder if TATA will fit LPG in this too shortly.
Old 21st May 2008, 09:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

well, anyway its done , buttt..
Quote:
B) BGx 402 front speakers
components would have been better, and you can fit 5.25 inchers in the door, something like the GTc 542 perhaps
Quote:
C) GTx 693 triaxial speakers rear speakers
I think the rear has a stock provision for 5.25" speakers as well. where were the 6x9's installed? Did you have to make separate holes for them? Well since you put 4 inchers in front , i guess you need 6x9's for some bass. Do post some pics of the speakers in the rear
Quote:
I shall get it done after the first service. I shall get the anti-rust coating then too.
I don't know about allahabad weather, but do get it done before the rains start . even if you want to sell it off soon, it will help you get better resale

And of course , Congrats

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st May 2008 at 09:20.
Old 21st May 2008, 10:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Crosscap ! Finally Congrats ! Seems like awesome VFM ! Do post some pics.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks