Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 16:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

yes, even i did feel that bhagat's safari looked better wothout the visors, but in my case, it has more to do with the design of this specific visor.
but all said and done, if it has successfully managed to dampen the wind noise, its a pretty good thing.
hey, what about the alloys?
Old 30th July 2008, 22:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
but all said and done, if it has successfully managed to dampen the wind noise, its a pretty good thing.
Yes it certainly has, atleast thats what i feel.

bglsrini your inputs on this please? do you find the wind noice to be dampned as well?

Quote:
hey, what about the alloys?
Well i'vnt upgraded yet. My 1st choice is the Alloys that come with the VX version. Will work on this on my retun to India.

Bugs.
Old 31st July 2008, 18:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
Well i'vnt upgraded yet. My 1st choice is the Alloys that come with the VX version. Will work on this on my retun to India.

Bugs.
well what i feel is, since anyways you have planned to invest in alloys, its better to go for aftermarket alloys. adding on alloys which are standard in VX wont make your SUV look any different from other safaris on the road. a new set of alloys will definetely make your ride cooler.
Old 31st July 2008, 22:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
well what i feel is, since anyways you have planned to invest in alloys, its better to go for aftermarket alloys. adding on alloys which are standard in VX wont make your SUV look any different from other safaris on the road. a new set of alloys will definetely make your ride cooler.
You are right raj. And ever since I saw this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/922146-post1.html

I'm all for after market alloys .

Bugs
Old 10th August 2008, 09:57   #65
BHPian

My Trucks 2nd Road trip.

My dad called in about an hr ago to tell me they are to leave for Kayankulam (about 3 hrs drive towards north from Trivandrum, Kerala). This is the 1st time the car will be driven after a long month’s wait.

The passengers to include, dad, mom, my 2 1/2 yr old son, my sis, her two daughters and driver - total of 4 adults and 3 kids. Dad had planned for this trip about a week ago and I had insisted he take the Truck as its seeing very little to no use other than bi weekly start for 10 min. I'm a little apprehensive about the driver taking the Truck. The guy used to be my dad's driver so we all know him well. But still, you have an uncomfortable feeling when someone else other than your close family is driving your vehicle and that too when you are not around or travelling along. I was telling my dad about the small features such as the immobilizer, the child locks, the seat belt warning, AC controls etc.

As I was explain the immobilizer feature to dad, I could hear in the back ground our driver saying “the car won’t start for some reason!!!" I was smirking and I told dad it’s to do with the feature. I asked our Driver to hit the unlock button on the remote and try the ignition. Bingo it started. I'm glad I could run thru these before they set off. Would have been a big trouble if this happened en route while they take a break or something. Hopefully the guy would be careful with the Truck not bumping into anything.

I'm going to have a very restless night till the time I hear back from dad later today. Will update about the trip, FE etc.

Bugs.

Most Viewed