Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 02:39   #1
BHPian

My DZire (VXi) comes true.

Got my new silver DZire VXi rolled out after 1.5 months of arguments with the dealer and several complaints to the Maruti authorities . Had never TD'd a Dzire and had been skeptical about whether I had made a right decision booking it till I finally knew I owned one. Looks real good (damn those who dont agree with me on the looks of the car).
A fantastic drive it is ( better than my Matiz) . Have never driven sedans before so am scared someone may bang my car's boot from the sides/rear and I will be left with a Swift )

Have driven some 60kms so far and am pretty impressed.
Decided not to go for Teflon/Underbody/Engine coating inspite of being pushed for the same by the dealer. May opt for an antirust coating later during the first service.

Some points I find worth making a mention of ( +ves and -ves) ( in order of how I could recall them)

+ The a/c is pretty good
- Minor rattling near the rear doors in the new car
+ Since I am musically impaired, I find the stock ICE pretty decent.
- There is some problem with the central locking switch. it just gets stuck
- Difficult to drive in reverse. The boot is set high enough to allow a proper rear view. Have to rely on my instincts when the car is put in the reverse gear.
- Complex programming/use of the security/keyless entry system.
- I hate the driver's seat. Have developed a severe back pain with only 3 hours of driving.
- The range of operation of the keyless remote is very limited. <5 metres. Have to push the remote keys real hard to see them get into action.
+ Amazing handling and cornering.
+ I just love the attention the car attracts .

I forgot to collect the remote for the stereo system . Will have to visit the dealer again.
Old 24th May 2008, 11:19   #2
BHPian

hi, congrats for the vehicle, i will also be taking the delivery of Dzire VXI (souvriegn blue), on 4th June. Just wanted to know few things:
1. did the feature of the Keyless entry is coming with VXI, as i heard somewhere maruti has stopped the feature in VXI variant.

2. is there a remote also available with the car for the stereo, as i have seen the car no remote was there when the car was launched.

please throw some light on the above mentioned points so that i can also benefit from those.

happy driving...and do keep us updated with the performance of the car and parameters ... Enjoy
Old 24th May 2008, 12:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mentos ! Silver seems to be the favourite for the Dzire. Pics Please!
Old 24th May 2008, 12:20   #4
TOR
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy...you are lucky!! am still waiting for my 'Silver streak' Dzire VDi!!...to my best knowledge there is no remote for the stereo..just the steering controls on the ZXI..correct me if i am wrong..
Old 24th May 2008, 12:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and that's a great buy. You got the car straight for 1.5 months. You are lucky. The waiting period for this car is 3 months. My friend has booked Dzire Vxi here and still to get the car. He is promised now July 1st week. Do post osme pics.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! But I am in a fix... you have more negetives than positives!
And how can you like a car when its driving seat makes results in severe back pain with in 3 hours of driving?
Old 24th May 2008, 12:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentos View Post
Looks real good (damn those who dont agree with me on the looks of the car).
Congrats man. Yes I agree. Its your car and finally you should be happy about it. Seems you are. So, never worry about anyones comment.

Happy driving, safe driving...

Forgot to ask... Where are the pics?

Last edited by mjothi : 24th May 2008 at 12:50.
Old 24th May 2008, 13:19   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
1. did the feature of the Keyless entry is coming with VXI, as i heard somewhere maruti has stopped the feature in VXI variant.

2. is there a remote also available with the car for the stereo, as i have seen the car no remote was there when the car was launched.
Even I was worried about whether I will get a keyless entry, but I did get a pair of remote keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Congrats on the new buy...you are lucky!! am still waiting for my 'Silver streak' Dzire VDi!!...to my best knowledge there is no remote for the stereo..just the steering controls on the ZXI..correct me if i am wrong..
I read the manual for the stereo system and it did mention a remote. I called up the sales person and after a while he did confirm that they had forgotten to handover the remote to me. Let's see if they actually do have a remote to give away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
And how can you like a car when its driving seat makes results in severe back pain with in 3 hours of driving?
Yes there are more negatives but none which cant be fixed or improved upon. I'll prefer to enjoy the positives over cribbing about the negatives.
There is more to a car than just a Driver's seat. Maybe I am not used to the seat of the DZire. I guess I will have to learn to live with it. BTW there is always an option to modify seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats man. Yes I agree. Its your car and finally you should be happy about it. Seems you are. So, never worry about anyones comment.

Forgot to ask... Where are the pics?
Very True !!
I turn a deaf ear to those who put up a constipated look on their face and make stupid comments about the looks of my Dzire and I do welcome compliments on the same.

I admit I have been a bit lazy and have not clicked any pics so far. Will surely click some and post them tonight.
Old 24th May 2008, 19:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mentos...

Quote:
- Difficult to drive in reverse. The boot is set high enough to allow a proper rear view. Have to rely on my instincts when the car is put in the reverse gear.
For this problem, get a 4 set reverse sensor installed and this problem will be solved to a great extent.

I got it installed in my SX4 and reversing is now easy. But still, before reversing, just walk down to see if all clear at back. Some dog or cat might be sleeping at the edge of wheel, which is not detected by reverse sensor.
Old 24th May 2008, 20:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my new silver DZire VXi rolled out after 1.5 months of arguments with the dealer and several complaints to the Maruti authorities . Had never TD'd a Dzire and had been skeptical about whether I had made a right decision booking it till I finally knew I owned one. Looks real good (damn those who dont agree with me on the looks of the car).
A fantastic drive it is ( better than my Matiz) . Have never driven sedans before so am scared someone may bang my car's boot from the sides/rear and I will be left with a Swift )

Decided not to go for Teflon/Underbody/Engine coating inspite of being pushed for the same by the dealer. May opt for an antirust coating later during the first service.
Congrats on your new car!!!

Quote:
OMG!!! already? But you can get them resolved in the first service.

Quote:
I suggest parking sensors.

Quote:
- I hate the driver's seat. Have developed a severe back pain with only 3 hours of driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
mentos, I'm not sure how tall you are, but I've heard this problem is faced by people who are less that 5' 6". Am 5' 10" and haven't faced this yet. Place a pillow on the seat for better comfort.
Old 24th May 2008, 20:09   #11
BHPian

Quote:

Some points I find worth making a mention of ( +ves and -ves) ( in order of how I could recall them)

+ The a/c is pretty good
+ Since I am musically impaired, I find the stock ICE pretty decent.
- There is some problem with the central locking switch. it just gets stuck
- Complex programming/use of the security/keyless entry system.
- The range of operation of the keyless remote is very limited. <5 metres. Have to push the remote keys real hard to see them get into action.
+ Amazing handling and cornering.
+ I just love the attention the car attracts .

I forgot to collect the remote for the stereo system . Will have to visit the dealer again.
Congrats on your new ride. What was the waiting period quoted by dealer at the time of booking and how long did it take to be actually delievered ??
Old 24th May 2008, 21:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Congrats on your new car!!!

mentos, I'm not sure how tall you are, but I've heard this problem is faced by people who are less that 5' 6".
Am 6" tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickey_jai View Post
Congrats on your new ride. What was the waiting period quoted by dealer at the time of booking and how long did it take to be actually delievered ??
Thats a long story, Vickey. I'll try and make it short

9th Feb: Booked a Swift ZXi. Paid 50k. Delivery assured within 1.5 months.

13th Mar: The dealer has no idea when he will deliver the said car to me.

14th Mar: Offers me a silver ZXi. I had booked an Azure grey. I decline.

15th Mar: I make a first complaint to Maruti Customer Care.

18th Mar: Delhi gets too hot in march and my Matiz does not have an a/c. After no response from Maruti/Dealer. I decide to accept the silver Swift.

19th Mar: The dealer says he has sold that to another customer. Gives no date for the delivery of an azure grey swift.

27th Mar: The dealer says he has another silver ZXi in case I am willing.

30th Mar: I went to take the delivery of the silver Swift. I see a DZire on display. I cancel the swift and book a DZire. Am quoted a waiting period of 20 DAYS ONLY in case I make a full payment in advance. I made the payment.

20th April: The dealer says there is a shortage of DZire . May take another 2 Months.

24th April: I complain to the Regional Manager, Delhi. He confirms shortage and directs me back to the dealer.

2nd May: After a lot of arguments with the dealer/Regional Manager, I drop a very agressive mail to senior officials in MUL.

5th May: The dealer admits mistake. Requests me to withdraw my complaint and promises me to deliver the car on 13th May.

13th May: No car !! I am assured that the car is yet to arrive from MUL and they ask for another 4 days.

19th May: Am asked to take the delivery of my DZire.

21th May: My baby comes home !
Old 24th May 2008, 22:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Am 6" tall
Typo here. I mean 6'
Old 24th May 2008, 22:35   #14
BHPian

He he, nice story mentos. Enjoy your car, and please do post pics and reviews in the long run
Old 24th May 2008, 23:10   #15
BHPian

Pics

Posting some pics of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
My DZire (VXi) comes true.-dsc00238.jpg  

My DZire (VXi) comes true.-dsc00235.jpg  

My DZire (VXi) comes true.-dsc00237.jpg  

My DZire (VXi) comes true.-dsc00236.jpg  

My DZire (VXi) comes true.-dsc00234.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com