Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 16:01   #91
BHPian

my dad used to get such scratches . and yup in MGF. they just took 3 hrs and painted it up for him for rs 900.. once while reversing i banged the back pretty bad..still it took just 2000 rs.. then onve the door also. it took 4k rs..and now the big crash i had..luckily..only superficial scratches are there..they took 2000rs to paint the front and back bumper.
now my sweetheart is scratchless ..i am so happy )
Old 27th June 2008, 18:33   #92
BHPian

Bro my car is around 18 months old, iam running GOOD YEAR eagle F1 tyres they are amazing even the handling has improved, thou i just brought a new verna VGT, the new ones have improved handling already, well i suggest all verna owners upgrade their tyres as they get the car. In my new verna i put 195/60/15 good year tyres i only trust good year tyres, even in my civic i put good year, i have been putting good year since indica days, did try michelin, but those got worn out very early ( too soft ) in my indica
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi jeetu4444,

How old is your car and which tries are you running it on?

Regards,
Sajan
Old 28th June 2008, 01:20   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Hellstar,

Thanks a lot. 6000 for door repainting??? how many coats did they spray. still no luck on the nail polish for real earth. trying to find is asian paints or dupont have this shade.

Regards,
Sajan
I am not really sure about this but i think Hyundai A.S.S guys use Asian Paints so checking there owuld probably give your better results.

Yep , about the estimate , door painting alone is Rs 2.8k + labour but i had tinkering and then teflon coating to be redone .... so i guess unless you have a bad dent you wouldnt need 6k for repainting.

Bumper repainting is done at Rs 3k at Tirdent A.S.S

Maybe i shoudl check at other A.S.S in Blore befrore getting my ride patched .
Old 29th June 2008, 23:27   #94
BHPian

I had got my car doors repainted some 5 months back. Had scratches on both the front doors. Took it to Trident, Bangalore who gave me a quote of 12000/-. They claimed that the doors had to be repainted in its entirety.
I eventually got it done in Kotayam Hyundai A.S.S. They claimed the same and had to pay just 6000/-
Old 30th June 2008, 09:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

IMO, such kind of bodywork should always be done outside with reputed bodyshops, unless you have had a bad accident and mechanicals have to be changed along with the paintjob. You will enjoy the cost benefits without compromising on the quality.

Anyways even most A.S.S send it out for the paintjob.
Old 7th July 2008, 18:21   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
IMO, such kind of bodywork should always be done outside with reputed bodyshops, unless you have had a bad accident and mechanicals have to be changed along with the paintjob. You will enjoy the cost benefits without compromising on the quality.

Anyways even most A.S.S send it out for the paintjob.

Completly agree with that my friend , i got an estimate of Rs 4500 /- for correction of the dents from good painter who is associated with Pitstop , Bangalore and one part of the work is done today , the tinkering work is over the painting work will be done tomorrow and then i will post pictures for your evaluation. Both dented and corrected ! I saw some of the work he has done and it was nothing short of sterling , could not eveb make out from the OEM finish .. . he does the pianting in a paint booth that he has access to .

If all goes fine my car will be completey dent free at the end of this excercise !

Sajan what updates how did the work go ?
Old 7th July 2008, 22:44   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Completly agree with that my friend , i got an estimate of Rs 4500 /- for correction of the dents from good painter who is associated with Pitstop , Bangalore and one part of the work is done today , the tinkering work is over the painting work will be done tomorrow and then i will post pictures for your evaluation. Both dented and corrected ! I saw some of the work he has done and it was nothing short of sterling , could not eveb make out from the OEM finish .. . he does the pianting in a paint booth that he has access to .

If all goes fine my car will be completey dent free at the end of this excercise !

Sajan what updates how did the work go ?
Hey hellstar,

Was suppose to call dadu and fix a time for the weekend, but last minute plans at home to go to mysore forced to postpone the work for this coming weekend.

Where are you getting your car paint job done from?

Regards,
Sajan
Old 16th November 2008, 13:57   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shapra,

Thanks a ton. Well the ICE Setup costed me 27k and the its much better than the 2-din Panasonic that comes with the Verna-SX.

Regards,
Sajan
Hey sajands, your review was very helpful. We have booked our Verna SX with ABS, just waiting to take the delivery of the beast soon. But Isn't the 2 din stereo which comes in the SX a Kenwood?
Old 20th November 2008, 14:11   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
Hey sajands, your review was very helpful. We have booked our Verna SX with ABS, just waiting to take the delivery of the beast soon. But Isn't the 2 din stereo which comes in the SX a Kenwood?
Hey Sridhar,

Congratz on your new car, welcome to the Verna club. Waiting for your review and pics.

I am not sure about that as what i have seen is most of the verna's had a Panasonic double din player.

Regards,
Sajan.
Old 20th November 2008, 14:25   #100
BHPian

Sajan The SX comes with aKenwood Double Din system for sure and not a Panasonic. The one's you have/had seen could be after market fitments?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks