Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Seems like you liked the i - so you caught it instead of following it.

Have fun. And what happens to the Accent and NHC ( Magnum for dad)?
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:56   #17
BHPian

thanks a lot to all of you for ur wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
The i10 is one of the best hatches available. Congratulations Manaa. We await a detailed ownership report.
thank you and as far as report is concerned i will surely write one as i dont think i will be letting my hubby drive the i10. i have already told him that. and he doe not have any other option but to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Congrats - great choice! Did you go in for the model with the airbags and ABS?
no it was way beyond my budget. i just opted for this version as it was perfect for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
congratualtions . i see youve caught the "i" as well
make sure you get the mud flaps,dicky mat and floor mats that come together with the extended warranty ( if you have applied for that)

The cobra security that hyundai offers is also a good bargain. if you are gonna install it please do it before you reach the ICE section.hehe
all these accesories are very tempting but i wanted to buy them as needed. right now i was looking at a good cash discount so it was always better to get that then the accesories part which would eat up a good chunk of the cash discount. i even havent applied for extended warranty. may be later if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Mansi, Congrats. Can you post the contact numbers of the finance company and sales associate.The discounts you have extracted will surely inspire potential i10 buyers to go a step further.
i will pm them to you but they ae in mumbai. as i have mentioned that i have dealt with pheonix for the car only and not the loan so there are atleast two people i am dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Seems like you liked the i - so you caught it instead of following it. Have fun. And what happens to the Accent and NHC ( Magnum for dad)?
accent remains with me, i aint selling it. but i am giving it a complete makeover. it is going for a colour change, the engine and suspension both need overhauling as it is a seven year old car. michelins were replaced three years ago at 50000 kms, but with the odo reaching 98000 kms i have no issues at all and there isnt much wear and tear too. touchwood.

for nhc, i have had many issues with it, so it is definately going, may be after i finish my accent's makeover.

Mansi
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:26   #18
BHPian

here is the breakup of final otr price.

Ex Showroom - Rs 390609/-

loan amount - Rs 320000/-

Insurance - Rs 11000/- approx

RTO charges - Rs 33443/-

Emi for 5 years @ 11% pa - Rs 6893/-

Service Charges for Axis bank - Rs 2300/- approx

less discount rs 25000/-

final on road price = rs 444245/- less disc = rs 419245/-

i am also looking at some more freebies but am not very sure of it.

i think that this is a good deal, but would like that other bhpians who have recently bought the i10 could share their breakup also out here.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
for nhc, i have had many issues with it, so it is definately going,
What issues ? Care to share details ?

Sorry for going OT
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
What issues ? Care to share details ?

Sorry for going OT
that is ok nc,

i bought the nhc after reading many good reviews on this forum and in comparision with my accent it was a better car as far as the engine was concerned but as soon as it came to the suspension, i felt it was bad as it was too stiff for us. i mean every little bump on the road would be felt by the front and the rear occupants and you very well know our MIDC roads and i was sick and tired of getting pushed around even when sitting in the rear seat.

secondly the ground clearance being at 160 mm means it was touching each and every spead breaker with around 60/70 kgs in the boot and two adults sitting behind. the nhc normally had this load on daily basis but if it is a car which claims to be a five seater, it should be made to take more load then what i was subjecting it to.

and this condition started deteriorating just in six months time and it could not be brought out of the factory with two people other then the driver sitting in it, without the bottom scraping on the bump which we have installed at the entrance to avoid water from the road coming inside in the rains. my accent had never had this problem and still comes smoothly.

i had to give it to the service centre for getting the suspension improved and getting it checked for any underbody damages, but luckily there werent any major of them.

nevertheless i was always wanting to buy the optra and i think with its GC standing at 165 it will definately be better then the NHC. in fact i did get the test drive optra right inside my factory to check if it touched the bump and good for me that i dint.

so i think i had enuf reasons not to be happy with the NHC though i would like to mention here that with an NHC engine in my accent would be a perfect marraige which can last long as they would be complimentary to each other.

omg, i havent written such a long post as a reply for a some time now.
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:50   #21
HKP
BHPian

Hi

I10 magna is one of the cars I am considering to buy after I come back to India. congrats to you and you did manage to get a good deal!!

\\hkp
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new i10 Mansi. Nice choice of colour with that Electric Red. It is the most modern of all these small cars in the market. The interiors are a fresh and welcome change.

Hope to see your thread in the Reviews forum soon
Old 3rd June 2008, 07:20   #23
BHPian

Manaa45
During your test-drive, what were your thoughts about the position of the gear-stick? Did you feel that it was placed too anteriorly, or does it fall easily into your hand?
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post
Hi

I10 magna is one of the cars I am considering to buy after I come back to India. congrats to you and you did manage to get a good deal!!\\hkp
thank you and i am sure it will be a good car to buy when you come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations on the new i10 Mansi. Nice choice of colour with that Electric Red. It is the most modern of all these small cars in the market. The interiors are a fresh and welcome change.

Hope to see your thread in the Reviews forum soon
even after seeing all the colours of i10 i was very much attracted to the electric red. i agree with you on the interiors part too.

i will surely try to post a review too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
Manaa45
During your test-drive, what were your thoughts about the position of the gear-stick? Did you feel that it was placed too anteriorly, or does it fall easily into your hand?
i did have thoughts abt the position of the gear before going in for the test drive, but it was quite a surprise because it was most comfortable while changing gears. did not feel awkward at anytime at all during my test drive.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
Don't keep a one litre water bottle in the cup holders provided between the Driver's seat and the passenger's seat, else each time you want to change gears, you are gonna grab the bottle instead of the Gear.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:52   #26
BHPian

it has arrived

our i10 finally arrived yesterday and we are so happy abt it. it is an i10 magna in electric red. will post some pics and a small review by tommorow. thought this would be the best place to share my happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Don't keep a one litre water bottle in the cup holders provided between the Driver's seat and the passenger's seat, else each time you want to change gears, you are gonna grab the bottle instead of the Gear.
surely it did happen with me today morning, i always keep a bottle of water and it happened to be a one litre bottle, and i invariably did an gear shift with that bottle only to realise that i hadnt shifted the gear actually.

i think it will surely take some a few days of driving without keeping the bottle there.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new i-10 and have a safe and enjoyable drive. Well! the electric red will definitely be a catchy one i think. Congrats once again mansi.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Mansi Congrats on your new i10. Do post some pics & hopefully a short review too.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations in the new car Mansi. Red sould look wicked. Waiting for the pictures. Are you going to click them or is Gautam coming "TODAY" ?
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:34   #30
BHPian

Coming to think of it, I am yet to see a red i10 on the road but imagining the size and looks of the vehicle, I am sure it will look good. Mansi congratulations. Please post lots of photographs of the vehicle when you can.

OT: Gautam, you were supposed to go to TD her Magnum. You did not go till now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks