Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 12:04   #16
BHPian

Congrats Raju on a 25k+ ownership!

So how does the car feels now in terms of performance and drivability?

Yes after a 5k kms, you can try changing the tyres to a good one like Yokos or Bridgestone Turanza.

For Speedo issue as other member said can be repaired from local one who are aware of FIAT cars!

BTW, are you a member of Palio Users Group? If not join in to share your ownership and get along with other Palio members from your area and others too.

Yes, do post some pics of ur car to give some justice to this thread!
Old 30th April 2010, 12:27   #17

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Congrats Raju on a 25k+ ownership!

So how does the car feels now in terms of performance and drivability?

Yes after a 5k kms, you can try changing the tyres to a good one like Yokos or Bridgestone Turanza.

For Speedo issue as other member said can be repaired from local one who are aware of FIAT cars!

BTW, are you a member of Palio Users Group? If not join in to share your ownership and get along with other Palio members from your area and others too.

Yes, do post some pics of ur car to give some justice to this thread!
Thanks Rudrah, the engine is really smooth now and great fun to drive, though i have never red lined it. Max has been 5.5 k. Also think the slight burning odour I get at times is when I exceed 5.5 k and maintain that for some time (happens only on the expressway when I do go beyond 130 km/h at times). Could be wrong, might be the tyres too as shantyrocks mentioned. Yes am a member of PUG also attended one of the sessions organized at BUB last year. But not been a very active member, think it is high time i got more involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Congrats dude on completing 26 months with beauty!

which make is the Speedo? is it Magneti Marelli. We had Speedo not working problem with of of my cousin's car!
F.A.S.S advised that there is problem with speedo and need to replace which would cost 14K :eek
If they say so, please show it to some local speedo repair guy! He will be able to repair it for 2 or 3k

My cousin managed to open the speedo console and tightly screw the multilayer PCBs to get the speedo working

2 years of ownership and no snaps yet! Please post them soon
Thanks recshenoy. The speedo console is Veglia Borletti. I spoke to the T.A.S.S. guys and they think it might be an issue with the sensor. Said it would cost around a 1000 bucks to replace. I plan to go there tomorrow to sort it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
congratz buddy..
Nice review of your beast.
The culprit for the burning smell could be the tyres.Change them ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
You are a lucky Guy. Not everyone gets to own a FIAT 1.6

You surely will find it tough to get a good successor.
Thanks gemithomas, shantyrocks.
Old 30th April 2010, 14:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
High speed braking - there is a slight amount of vibration that is passed through the steering when hard braking at high speeds. Is this normal?
Not normal but a fairly common phenomenon. Get your brake discs checked. They might require skimming so as to smoothen out the irregularities developed on the disc over a period of time.

Quote:
If I hit a very high rpm/speed - above 5500 rpm or 130+ km/hr there is at times a slight burning odour that comes into the cabin. Not a regular phenomenon though.
I know the burning odour you are talking about here. Its not the tyres. Even I get it once in a while, mostly after I have pushed the engine beyond the 5K rpm mark. I think its the clutch.

I have had similar experiences with Marutis - both the Swift and Ritz. You push the car beyond the 5K mark and you get a burning smell.

Not really an issue I think.
Old 2nd May 2010, 03:01   #19
BHPian

Sounds like you are enjoying your Fiat 1.6. It is a fun little pocket rocket that makes up for annoying little mechanical issues with its perky performance.

The "icing" of the AC as you describe it: There is supposed to be a thermostat type of device on the cooling coils that prevents icing. Have it changed and that should solve your problem. I had this exact issue with my GTX.

Shuddering/vibration under hard braking. This is a simple case of rotor warpage that proves you have indeed been enjoying your car. Don't bother having it "checked" or asking a service advisor/mechanic for their opinion. Simply have the front rotors removed, turned down on a lathe and re-installed.

The burning smell in the cabin at high speed should not be there. Are you riding the clutch? Are you doing rapid high speed stops and burning the brake pads? Are you driving very aggressively?

I regularly do over 5500 rpm with no burning smell.

If there is an issue with your speedo cluster, try and have *** replace the entire unit and not just do a repair. As far as I know, there are no serviceable parts on that unit. Make sure that they dont just delay doing the repair correctly until the car is out of warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks