Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2008, 15:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post

Apart from that, it 'sounds' as though there is some reason behind what the dealer is saying about the 'pre-price hike' stock, but I really fail to see it. What, after all is the difference between a pre-hike Silver and a post-jike silver? Nothing. They can sell your pre-hike Blushing Red to a post-hike customer who wants red.

I think you can press the dealer for a Silver.
Ya, I think the salesman is acting difficult now that he's made the sale. He said he can let me know only by Monday because wherever he confirms his stock from has a half day on Saturday and is closed on Sunday.

My problem is I can't threaten to go to another dealer cause the prices have gone up and I've already got the draft from SBI payable to the dealer, which I was going to hand over today. Should I hold back till he confirms?
Old 21st June 2008, 16:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

What the salesman tells you unfortunately is true. Once you book a certain colour, it is stopped for you.

He would have helped you if it was the other way around. If you had booked Silver & then wanted to go for a Red one, it would have been ok with him, as Silver's get picked up fast compared to Red.
When I initially booked the car, the dealer didn't have Electric Red on display, so I told him I would decide on the colour only after he showed me that one.

He got it just two days back (Thursday). so I gave my colour preference long after the price hike (and am changing it just one day later).

So, how does the stopping thing work here?

Plus, the guy had told me that Blushing Red was one of the four best-selling colours.

Quote:
I recently took delivery of my White Verna from Superon Hyundai. I had booked and paid an advance to stop the car.

When I spoke to him and asked him when was the car manufactured - he said April 2008. I said I wanted the absolute latest one, he said No Problem, he will give me one that was made on 15th May. I said OK, but he said the colour will be the same.
How can you find out the exact date of manufacture? When I had earlier told my salesguy I wanted to have a look at the car before the registration (and that I wanted to know the date of manufacture), he behaved as if I was being very difficult.
Old 22nd June 2008, 09:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
How can you find out the exact date of manufacture? When I had earlier told my salesguy I wanted to have a look at the car before the registration (and that I wanted to know the date of manufacture), he behaved as if I was being very difficult.
Just ask the guy to show you the Bill for the car or car papers. Also the date is mentioned somewhere in the car - Near the chassis number maybe .. Some one can tell you.

And why did the salesman think you were being difficult - Next time he makes a face, just ask the Moron for his Boss and tell him that you do not want to deal with him and that you would like to speak to the GM of the showroom. You see the change in him then.

You are spending 4 Lacs on a car - you have every right to see the car before you buy it, In fact I would think it as very unusual if you do not.

As far as colour change goes, try speaking to the GM of the showroom, I am sure they will help you out.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
My problem is I can't threaten to go to another dealer cause the prices have gone up and I've already got the draft from SBI payable to the dealer, which I was going to hand over today. Should I hold back till he confirms?
Why dont you take it the other way? Show the dealer the draft and tell them that their dilly-dallying about the color is holding the deal being finalized. If you tell them with a slight bluster in your tone, it could very well work.

And always be ready to walk away from a dealer, at any stage. There could be problems at any stage and car dealerships always count on the customer's inertia to tide over problems. The rule is: the money is not theirs until you are completely satisfied.

You may think of being nice to the salesperson, but I think one should never confuse being civil with striking a hard deal. If a salesperson is acting smart, demand to talk to the Sales Manager or the GM.

-Anand
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just ask the guy to show you the Bill for the car or car papers. Also the date is mentioned somewhere in the car - Near the chassis number maybe .. Some one can tell you.
I just checked my Mum's car & the manufacturing date is not mentioned anywhere
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes Ishan, Shocking Indeed. I also checked my Verna. Nowhere !!

On Papers it says - May 08.
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:17   #22
BHPian

Thanks so much you guys for the help.

Took delivery of my Silver i10 today. In the end. I didn't need to threaten or go over the head of the salesman, just a little cajoling did the job.

I'm pretty happy with the 17k savings. Plus, the salesguy said I'll get Rs2700 worth of fuel vouchers from Hyundai to offset the hike in petrol prices.

In all the excitement I forgot to ask about the month/year of manufacture, but I hope that won't be an issue as i10 is a brisk-selling model.

Thanks again Team-BHP!!
Old 24th June 2008, 11:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats naru on your new ride. I-10's are adding by the day into our team bhp's garage. Write an initial detailed ownership report and your driving experience. Once again congrats and have a safe drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks