Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2008, 20:13   #1
BHPian

Booked an i10

Hi,

Paid Rs5,000 and booked an i10 Era today.

Can you guys tell me if this is a good deal:

On road price: Rs4,00,150

Discount: Rs11,000 (including Rs2,000 corporate discount)

Final on road price: Rs3,89,150

Freebies: Nil

Dealer: Sunrise Hyundai, Near Mother Dairy, Pataparganj.

The salesman (as also the other dealers where I inquired) said prices are going to go up by up to Rs6,000 from Monday and if I booked today, I won't have to pay the extra amount.

The thing is that the guy refused to give my anything on a letter head. He just wrote the figures on a photocopy of the cheque. (He said he will write that on the back of the reciept as well, which he will give tomorrow).
Old 7th June 2008, 23:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Keep us posted and as soon as the car comes, I would be very much interested in the initial review!

Old 8th June 2008, 01:23   #3
BHPian

11000 is really very good discount because last week my sister booked i10magna got only 2000 discount and yes dealer is very right prices are going to increase any time i10 is really very good choice.
Old 8th June 2008, 01:32   #4
BHPian

some times because of the company rule for the discounting dealers don't give in writing i don't think there should be any problem
Old 8th June 2008, 08:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yup it is a good price, last when I checked I was getting only Insurance free. So it is near the 10k mark.
Old 8th June 2008, 09:17   #6
BHPian

I've seen that Hyundai dealers seem ready for this off-paper discount, unlike Maruti where you wont get a thing apart from what's official at the time of delivery.

My friend booked a Santro recently. He changed his mind and is now going for the i10 Era. Even he was told that he would get a discount on Santro if and only if, he paid 10k cash upfront.

naru, does your OTR of Rs. 3.89L include the 4% finance discount?
Old 8th June 2008, 14:44   #7
BHPian

naru i too booked the i10 magna in mumbai and got a 25000 cash discount.

no freebies.

and there is going to be a price increase of around 9000 on magna from monday.

so it is better to have booked before monday. secondly try to convince them for more discount.

have u bought this car with finance. you could furnish those details here if you want.

Mansi
Old 9th June 2008, 00:30   #8
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the replies.

manaa, I read your review. and only on that basis did i manage to get even this much discount. The salesguy was very interested in talking to this "friend of mine" who had got 25k discount in Mumbai. He kept insisting that this was impossible

I tried three other dealers (lajpat Nagar, Mathura Road and Jhandewalla), no one was offering more than 2K discount.

Can you negotiate for more discount after booking??

I did not go for the dealer finance deal, as even after the 4% payout, the interest rate (negotiated EMIs) was 12.5% (with advance EMI). I've applied to Bank of Baroda (11%) and Bank of India (11.25%) for a loan.

arajand, yes i checked both hyundai and maruti (was thinking of the swift LXi before the fuel price hike). Maruti was clear that the price applicable on the day of full payment was what I had to pay. At Hyundai, the price applicable is the one on the booking date.

aaggoswami, I'll take delivery only next week as I've applied for a loan at a PSU bank, and they'll take their own sweet time clearing it.
Old 9th June 2008, 15:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Try ask for some basic freebies like mudflaps, rubber mats etc. It may not cost much as they are not giving you more discount.
Old 9th June 2008, 16:39   #10
BHPian

Do you guys like the looks of I10 or is it more of practicality?
Old 9th June 2008, 18:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
manaa, I read your review. and only on that basis did i manage to get even this much discount. The salesguy was very interested in talking to this "friend of mine" who had got 25k discount in Mumbai. He kept insisting that this was impossible
i think i am plain lucky.

Quote:
Can you negotiate for more discount after booking??
i got to know from my sales person that they dont negotiate after booking.

Quote:
I did not go for the dealer finance deal, as even after the 4% payout, the interest rate (negotiated EMIs) was 12.5% (with advance EMI). I've applied to Bank of Baroda (11%) and Bank of India (11.25%) for a loan.
good to have done this as i too got a deal of 11% from axis bank but they have created lot of problems and i am thinking of approaching SBI.

Mansi
Old 9th June 2008, 23:18   #12
BHPian

Well, was i taken for a ride? Hyundai hasn't announced any increase in prices yet.

manaa, are you going to switch or axis hasn't cleared your loan yet?
SBI's interest rates are a little higher; in 11.5-11.75% range. I found only Bank of Baroda and Vijaya Bank are offering 11%. But their service sucks big time.

snaronikar, The salesman is asking for Rs2000 for floor mats, mud flaps and waistline moulding. I'll check out the after market prices and then see.
Old 21st June 2008, 14:46   #13
BHPian

Guys, need some help:

I had booked my i10 in Blushing Red colour. Now, I want to change it to Silver.

But the salesman says I booked the car before the price hike, so if they don't have Silver in their pre-price hike stock, I will have to pay as per the new prices (6k extra).

How is this fair?
Old 21st June 2008, 15:26   #14
BHPian

How particular are you about the silver thing?

You will 'gain' 6k if you go for red and stand to lose around 10k at the time of resale. The reverse will be true for silver. So I dont think it makes any real difference, if resale is your concern not to go for red.

A pair of JBL compos can cost 6k.

Apart from that, it 'sounds' as though there is some reason behind what the dealer is saying about the 'pre-price hike' stock, but I really fail to see it. What, after all is the difference between a pre-hike Silver and a post-jike silver? Nothing. They can sell your pre-hike Blushing Red to a post-hike customer who wants red.

I think you can press the dealer for a Silver.
Old 21st June 2008, 15:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had booked my i10 in Blushing Red colour. Now, I want to change it to Silver.

But the salesman says I booked the car before the price hike, so if they don't have Silver in their pre-price hike stock, I will have to pay as per the new prices (6k extra).

How is this fair?
Hi Naru,

What the salesman tells you unfortunately is true. Once you book a certain colour, it is stopped for you.

He would have helped you if it was the other way around. If you had booked Silver & then wanted to go for a Red one, it would have been ok with him, as Silver's get picked up fast compared to Red.

I recently took delivery of my White Verna from Superon Hyundai. I had booked and paid an advance to stop the car.

When I spoke to him and asked him when was the car manufactured - he said April 2008. I said I wanted the absolute latest one, he said No Problem, he will give me one that was made on 15th May. I said OK, but he said the colour will be the same.

So try speaking to the sales man and request him if he can manage to give you a silver one without the Increase.

Most Viewed