Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 22:40   #46
BANNED

I called up the sales guy and he says that they disconnect the speedo when it arrives in the yard to a do few km TD before registration and they connect it back during PDI, which they forgot in my case. Should I believe him?
I will be going there on saturday to get this thing checked and for the reg plates. Hope to meet you there @jazzy_2cool.
Old 11th June 2008, 23:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

they should not be doing that.
I guess all speedo has tamper proof seal (lead wala), just like our house electriciry meter.
Old 12th June 2008, 00:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Gawd whats with you guys ? Sounds like you chaps have shared a little too much that you are missing each other so bad .Wanna break the ice and share the story ?
Nice one Riju

Maybe Farhan will like to answer that now
Old 12th June 2008, 01:23   #49
BHPian

@ rjstyles69

Thanks a lot your advice worked about the car,I have no words to say now,God you and your jokes but it was a Nice one.
Riju We Miss you too is that what you wanted to hear ......
Old 12th June 2008, 01:39   #50
BHPian

I got my Furnace Red Palio MJD base model SD last month and drove to the BIAL at night 3 AM and back at 5AM it was an awesome ride with the NH-7 all lit up,felt like a US freeway and the Palio was cruising effortlessly at 100kmph on 5th gear,Innova and logan taxis were trying to keep pace with my palio wondering what is this new hatchback however no luck,poor indicab's were badly beaten on pickup at speadbreakers.

Best drive in the last couple of years.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarprusty View Post
I got my Furnace Red Palio MJD base model SD last month and drove to the BIAL at night 3 AM and back at 5AM it was an awesome ride with the NH-7 all lit up,felt like a US freeway and the Palio was cruising effortlessly at 100kmph on 5th gear,Innova and logan taxis were trying to keep pace with my palio wondering what is this new hatchback however no luck,poor indicab's were badly beaten on pickup at speadbreakers.

Best drive in the last couple of years.
great, how has been the NVH levels, particularly noise from engine, has it become more silent, how many kms have you clocked, mileage etc.. pl give details..

FIAT, always....
Old 12th June 2008, 15:05   #52
BHPian

Congrats both of oyu on buy of a Black beauty. I must say its very car and black makes it even better.

You guys must've driven Swift Diesel.

I just wanted to understand your view on comparing both these cars on performence,pickup,driveability,ride quality etc..

Do throw your experiences....

cheers
Anju
Old 12th June 2008, 18:52   #53
BHPian

Great Buy Buddy!! Enjoy the Ride and Drive Safe..
Old 13th June 2008, 00:29   #54
BHPian

Thanks Mate,

@ Zak

what time will you be there ,in the showroom
Old 13th June 2008, 07:49   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Thanks Mate,

@ Zak

what time will you be there ,in the showroom
I am planning to be there by around 10.30, want to get it done first thing in the morning.
Old 14th June 2008, 01:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Congrats both of oyu on buy of a Black beauty. I must say its very car and black makes it even better.

You guys must've driven Swift Diesel.

I just wanted to understand your view on comparing both these cars on performence,pickup,driveability,ride quality etc..

Do throw your experiences....

cheers
Anju
At the risk of not getting bashed by any of the sides, here are my responses after 3500 kms.
  • Swift Diesel is quieter than my car. It has better insulation. The Palio engine can be heard, which is fine with me, esp in heavy, noisy traffic. However, if you're comparing with the Indica, its miles ahead in refinement. That said, my car is well insulated for a 5-lac rupee diesel. There are no vibrations in the cabin, or on the clutch or on the gear lever (I should know that as my left hand is almost always on the gear lever, something I could never do on the Alto). Engine is quieter, especially after first oil change at 1000 kms (company recommends first oil change at 7500 km, but I got it done).
  • Haven't ripped a Swift D and neither taken my car beyond 3200 rpm / 100 kmph yet so can't comment on performance, but Swift D felt a bit more rev-happy. Swift Turbo cuts in earlier ? I am not sure.
  • Ride quality is good (IMO best in class, no bashing please) but Stock tubeless Goodyears are very noisy. Its better than Swift with Stock rubber.
  • Handling is not as sporty as the Swift with stock rubber but maybe that has more to do the with the fact that both cars have an essentially different Chassis set-up. The Swift chassis seems to be derived from a rally car and the Palio chassis from an SUV! (ok, I am exaggerating now. )
  • Swift gearbox is sportier with shorter throws. Palio gearbox does its job well, but don't expect a rally experience. Palio has a tad heavier clutch, but its a diesel!
  • Low front bumper of the Swift and protruding wheel arches are a problem sometimes as I have noticed on my colleagues' cars and the scratches. The Palio has a more practical design in that respect.
  • Palio interiors maybe old, but they have excellent ergonomics. Something you realise only after weeks inside the car.
  • Palio seats have excellent support, but they are lower than the Swift seats. However, I find that more comfortable, as feet are more vertical with the legs stretched forward, which is better for operating pedals.
  • Palio visibilty is better than Swift visibility, especially rear.
  • Boot space is bigger and better. There's a parcel tray which is standard.
However, a more accurate comparision can only be made by taking a fully run-in Palio MJD and a Swift D and driving them back-to-back. Now, how many fully run-in MJDs are there? I suspect I have done the most amongst T-BHPians.

Add upsized tyres and decent alloys (spend time and energy looking for 98 PCD alloys first) and you get a very good car. You might miss the Swift's gearbox but you will get everything else and a few extra on the SDX (rear wiper, demister, parcel tray) over the VDi. Even with the tyre upgrade, you will still find the Palio cheaper than the Stock tyred VDi.

Now if only the A.S.S. and the resale would have been as good....
Old 14th June 2008, 09:18   #57
BHPian

I have driven my palio multijet for 5000 Km now and here are my observations

a) Car feels solid and runs smooth
b) I don't like the gear shift from 4rth to 5th......it's not so smooth
c) Fuel efficiency is good....i get a fuel efficiency of 18 in delhi with 50% AC when driven sedately. With full AC, it's around 16. I always use Hi-speed diesel
d) Indicator not coming back to it's normal position on left cuts is still there but not so severe as before
e) One of wiper spring is making noise.
f) AC is very effective.
g) With AC on, i don't find the power delivery smooth. i feel more vibration and the drive is a bit jerky sometimes. I had one issue on a hot summer afternoon when the car AC wasn't effective and the car was giving some jerks on lower gears. In normal case this never happened before. When i switched off the AC, the car was smooth again. I never experienced this problem again.

Overall i am very happy with the car.
Old 14th June 2008, 21:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Zaks and Jazzy.. I know i am bit late to post this.. but better late than never!! The pics look awesome and yes Palio in Black just stands out.

Enjoy your rides and drive safe!
Old 15th June 2008, 02:43   #59
BHPian

@ abhinav.s
Many Thanks from Both of Us......

@ shebin ,@ architect you guys are the best BHPian we have here in Team BHP who can talk about the both the makes,
We will always look forword for your feedback and suggestion,
To all the people who talk about swift & Palio MJD !!In terms of there difference with x z y .

I will make it short and simple:

Its the same Mother who Gave Birth to Both Daughers (Swift & Palio MJD Engine )Swift is the 1st Daugher and Palio MJD the 2nd

The 1st Daugher has the looks and the moves,she is a moden girl of today Driving Swift is a pleasure ,
no 2nd words but with great looks comes great maintenance cost & needs extra care for her beauti.
Swift is a delicate darling her body is very weak and thin.Swift makes its very easy for people to fall in Love with her,
but once you are with her she starts shouting after few months.(There is a major rattling noise which comes from her body )Swift owners dont get mad at me this is a fact as said by the 4 owners its self who are my friends there is nothing which can be done about it ,as maruti has no patch for it.you will have to live with it

The 2nd Daugher also has looks but not as much as the elder one.
she likes to be left untouched with her old looks as she does not want to change with time (Palio interior is the same old fashioned)
Her Mom (FIAT) has teached her to live life the Hard Way.
she can handle the bad roads really well ,without any jerks,makes you feel safe in her arms,
even when you to take her for a high speed rides.
she is Damm strong on her body,takes care of her ownslef
she is smiple and sweet ,not all people will go for her as she cant be handled by any new person ,
you ll have to be that much of experienced in your driving skill to take her ride .
she does not attract people with her looks,instead people get attracted to her for her simplicity & long term reliability,

Hope people will understand why I and many other people are going for her only ,she is now the most hot selling piece of cake here in Bangalore
I love to be with her,and I am getting to know her more day by day .
I have already completed my 1st 500 km in 6 days , and people mark my words she has made me happy .

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 15th June 2008 at 02:48.
Old 15th June 2008, 03:34   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its the same Mother who Gave Birth to Both Daughers (Swift & Palio MJD Engine )Swift is the 1st Daugher and Palio MJD the 2nd
An nice way to explain. Sense and humour all into one.
Quote:
no 2nd words but with great looks comes great maintenance cost & needs extra care for her beauti.
she is now the most hot selling piece of cake here in Bangalore
Except for these parts, which are misconceptions, IMHO.
Quote:
and people mark my words she has made me happy .
Thats all what matters in the end!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks