Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 10:34   #76
BHPian

Yep, thats sounds logical.

Anyways I dont think the production is going to be stopped for FIAT, since they have allot of cars lined up(Linea,Punto et all).
Old 19th June 2008, 23:22   #77
BHPian

@ zak

any update....about how thing are going with your car?
Old 20th June 2008, 10:48   #78
BHPian

Hi Architect,

First of all, i really follow what ever you write makes great reading.

My main point was that the gear tracks smooth up with usage - directed at members giving feeding that the gears were "rough" they were probably driving a new car. If a clarification is not issued it might confuse someone who is evaluating an MJD.

i am driving below 2K i have not been for my first service yet so probably i don't feel the gap between 2nd and 3rd. I should have mentioned this my bad

Agree with you whole heartedly that the sweet spot is between 2K-3K. I have taken 3rd upto 50 Km/ 3K rpm, i think - it was really a sweet stretch of road and the car really seemed to like the pressure on the accelerator, but that was not intentional.

Cheers
Aadi
Old 24th June 2008, 00:46   #79
BHPian

Hi All,

It has been a long time I had nothing much to say or ask,but I think this is the Time !!
Here are a few words about The Black Beast (Palio1.3 MJD).
The Car has done Its First 756 Kms & My experience with the car has been very good so far.

Now to talk about the city mileage I am getting above 18.5 kmpl here in Bangalore with 50 % of A.c On in the day.
I am still waiting for the warning lamp or red led to glow in the fuel gauge which means I have already crossed about 40-41 ltrs as the Amber lights glows only when you have 5-7 ltrs of reserve fuel left in Fuel tank.

If people think If this is wrongly calculated then the lowest even I wish :
I will still be getting 17.5 kmpl.The fuel - I used is hi speed & I ll be going to for a full tank tomorrow.

After my office ends I make the Car run in Bangalore Roads & I do manage to go through all gears even 5th on hosur road in which I have gone above 2.5-3k Rpm ,engine goes very silent and there are absolutely no vibrations of any sort,but most of the time just clutch braking and I do not switch off the car in traffic.I have learn to tackle the turbo & I am exploiting it better.I'll say city driving is easy,I did not faced much of issues apart from My clutch habits I feel clutch are still heavy ,hoping to improving soon or waiting for my feet to get used to it.

@ Architect

What were You saying about the "combination switch" ???
That Palios left indictaor does not self-cancel unless one turns a tight turn.

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 24th June 2008 at 00:47.
Old 25th June 2008, 14:43   #80
BHPian

Hi,

I am also one of the proud owners of Palio MJD (Blacky).
I have a small doubt, when i turn of the ignition key the car gives a vibrating shake is that true in your case too ?

By the same time i got My MJD in VST motors chennai, Bargained a lot to get a decent offer, finally i have got Sunflim (including windscreen), Floor Mat, Mud Flap, Tank full of Diesel.

Note:
I am newbie to this Car world, if this is common to diesel car let me know.
Old 25th June 2008, 15:10   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
Hi,

I am also one of the proud owners of Palio MJD (Blacky).
I have a small doubt, when i turn of the ignition key the car gives a vibrating shake is that true in your case too ?

By the same time i got My MJD in VST motors chennai, Bargained a lot to get a decent offer, finally i have got Sunflim (including windscreen), Floor Mat, Mud Flap, Tank full of Diesel.

Note:
I am newbie to this Car world, if this is common to diesel car let me know.
Congrats on your new car.
Yes its common for Diesel cars to give a slight shake when the engine is turned off. Although it has been greatly reduced in new gen diesel engines.
Old 25th June 2008, 20:16   #82
BHPian

@ Black Beast

Congrats on your new Buy,looks like You are really lucky to get a Tank full of Diesel ,Do post some Photos.
As said by my friend revved_up the vibrating shake has been greatly reduced when the car is turned off.
I did noticed and felt the same once but it was a slight shake, nothing huge (unlike Indica).
After that I do not stop my car as soon I have parked it,instead I do wait for about 30-40 sec,
so that I allow the car engine to take some breadth before it goes to sleep.
I have not felt the shake after that,you can try the same and do let me know if that works.
Old 25th June 2008, 21:04   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
@ Black Beast

After that I do not stop my car as soon I have parked it,instead I do wait for about 30-40 sec,
Whats the idea behind this, any pointers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
so that I allow the car engine to take some breadth before it goes to sleep.
So how wide is the car now ? I am sure it should be wider than your garage now. Aint it ?
Old 25th June 2008, 21:20   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Whats the idea behind this, any pointers ?
Idling after starting, and before switching off is recommended for turbocharged engines, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
So how wide is the car now?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th June 2008 at 21:22.
Old 26th June 2008, 06:57   #85
BHPian

Thanks for the info bhpians, Shall update the photos in a short while.
Old 28th June 2008, 00:47   #86
BHPian

@ Architect

Is there a Problem in all "combination switch" ???
That Palios left indictaor does not self-cancel unless one turns a tight turn.Help Needed??
Old 28th June 2008, 15:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

whenever the indicator switch doesnt cancel itself - i simply manually cancel it. i dont think it is a problem.
Old 29th June 2008, 16:20   #88
BHPian

For me every thing works fine,touch wood
Old 29th June 2008, 23:21   #89
BHPian

Booking SDX this week

Hi Guys,
I'm booking my SDX this week. I spoke to Concorde & also test drove a vehicle. They had a Black colored SDE model for Test Drive, however I think it was a vehicle ready for delivery to some unsuspecting customer since the speedo was disconnected.

Had initially spoken to Sandeep & also booked a TD for Friday morning 9:30 am, however Sandeep himself wasn't there & was attended to by another sales guy, he however didn't seem very informed about the car.

They are not offering any discounts except for some accessories such as mud flaps, perfume, floor mats & idol. Will be speaking to Prerna motors tomorrow, want to see what they have to offer.

Farhan,
Is it ok if I quote/refer your purchase when I try to get Sun Films from them.
Old 30th June 2008, 08:49   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
I think it was a vehicle ready for delivery to some unsuspecting customer since the speedo was disconnected.
It seems to be a common practice with Concorde. Six months back I had taken a TD for a Palio 1.6 from them and it also had the speedo disconnected. Farhan also reported that the speedo on his TD car was not working. One member (Zak) also got delivery of his car with the speedo still unplugged, can you beat that .

Its high time this should be reported to TATA/FIAT.

My 2 cents.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks