Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 09:15   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
It seems to be a common practice with Concorde. Six months back I had taken a TD for a Palio 1.6 from them and it also had the speedo disconnected. Farhan also reported that the speedo on his TD car was not working. One member (Zak) also got delivery of his car with the speedo still unplugged, can you beat that .

Its high time this should be reported to TATA/FIAT.

My 2 cents.

Cheers
Exactly. I went for a TD on Saturday at Concorde, Hosur Road and the speedo on the black MJD wasn't working.
Old 30th June 2008, 13:28   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashcode View Post
Exactly. I went for a TD on Saturday at Concorde, Hosur Road and the speedo on the black MJD wasn't working.
I'm pretty sure it was the same one they gave me to test drive. I drove a black MJD too. Was it a SDE model? And did you note the reading on it? I think it was showing 48 Kms run already.
Old 30th June 2008, 19:05   #93
BHPian

Prerna Offering a Better Deal.

Update:
Spoke to Prerna Motors & they are ready to offer me Garware Sun Film and AutoCop Basic version (Worth 4.5k) apart from the other normal accessories such as Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Idol, Perfume etc.

Concorde however is not ready to budge on anything at all. They say they cannot offer me anything other than the basic accessories. Spoke to Sandeep there & he says he cannot offer anything more and started saying something on the lines of 'Fiat doesn't recommend Autocop since it screws up the wiring with respect to the cabin lights etc' didn't make sny sense to me & clearly sounded as a gimmick. I don't think I want to deal with Concorde anymore now.

One question though, is Garware sun film good? I'm reading up features on the Garware site, however would like to know from any of you who may have the same on your cars.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:19   #94
BHPian

@ Dud_Dodo

The Reason Why all these stuffs where given to ME was :
I Had Really Screwed the LIFE of TATA/Fiat Guys (South Head Managers ) for the delay.Only Mr Rajeev Kapoor, CEO of Fiat India Automobiles was left for me to reach.
The LLumar Window Film was given to me by Sandeep from his pocket Money as had released that I was Pissed off because of the delay.

LLumar is Good , But 3M Is better ,rest is all Up to you .
I would says you are lucky to get that kind of deal as in diesel car you hard get any extra free goodies.Sandeep has the knowledge about the car thats all I can Say ,and Yes 'Fiat doesn't recommend Autocop but it does not void the vehicle warranty.

ICE Work is done at last ,I was even told the same ,have fitted the followings :
HU with USB DEH-P5090UB
Blaupunkt Loud Speakers GTx Series

Blaupunkt GTx 693 x 2 (Rear)
3-way Triaxial loud speaker system
Max. Power 240 Watts

Blaupunkt GTx 542 x 2 (Front)
2-way Coaxial loud speaker system
Max. Power 170 Watts

I am very Happy with this configration.
Old 1st July 2008, 20:54   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
@ zak

any update....about how thing are going with your car?
Hi guys,
Nothing much to update since I haven't gotten to doing the audio setup nor change the tyres.
Did a trip to Mysore last weekend and must say she handles very well; no problems at all. I used the 5th gear too and it just glides effortlessly though I didn't exceed 110kmph. No vibrations at all; the suspension is excellent. It took some time to get used to the stiff clutch but the the gear changes are real smooth and now I know how they slot. I have observed that going to 3rd gear at around 2220 rpm gives it a nice boost
Haven't calculated the mileage yet but will do it sometime soon.
Old 2nd July 2008, 15:06   #96
BHPian

@ Zak

How many Km Have you done.
Old 3rd July 2008, 23:38   #97
BHPian

@ Dud_Dodo
SDE model are used for TD ,so some going for this model may have some problems
SDX I have not seen yet for TD.
Old 4th July 2008, 20:42   #98
BHPian

Quote:
@ Dud_Dodo
SDE model are used for TD ,so some going for this model may have some problems
SDX I have not seen yet for TD.
Dude, look at the bigger picture. Just because you bought SDX does not mean that what dealer is doing is fine. What is the reliabilty quotient of this dealer on other things? Since you already know that he is sending "to be sold cars" to be ripped away on a test drive.
I dont know about you but I would never feel comfortable leaving my car with them no matter how small the job might be.

My 2 Cents.

No offence intended, Enjoy your new cars!
Old 5th July 2008, 13:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, going slightly OT here) just landed at Concorde motors at dairy circle last evening as the idea of replacing my 3 year old Santro xing has just started taking shape.

I actually went to check out the new Indigo CS because one of my friend's (also a member here) told me about it.

My findings:

Indigo CS TDI : Good car for a small family who want a sedan but are slightly low on the cost factor. Engine is a bit rough(this is in comparision), plastic quality is, well, Tata quality (bad).

Indigo CS Dicor: same as above, engine is a bit more refined, but the car I drove shuddered a lot everytime I lifted my foot off the pedal.

Then I asked for a test drive of the MJD, I was taken aback at the performance, tank like build and very good fit and finish. Now am seriously considering buying this car, that is after I take a test drive of the Swift VDI too.

My take on Concorde:

Was attended to promptly even though there were a lot of people checking out cars.
The sales rep was totally clueless about the cars. His excuse: 'I sell Indicas only sir'.

The first car I drove was the TDI Indigo, as mentioned the Odometer was stuck at a fixed number. Same was the case with the Palio.
On asking the guy, the reply was: ' Sir nowadays the RTO does not register cars if they have run more than 85 kms' .

but what took the cake was, when he came rushing to me saying ' sir we just got a Indigo Dicor (wasn't available initially) would you like a test drive?'

I agreed, and asked him if it was a demo vehicle, because he'd told me the demo vehicle would not be available yesterday.
he said ' no sir, this is a vehicle which has just been brought from the yard for delivery tomorrow.'

I asked him if he'd do the same to me when and if I bought a car from them. He says, ' no sir, but since you have come from far we can manage to do this.'

Though I did drive the car, was feeling very guilty and drove it very carefully like I would drive my car.

Now I have serious thoughts about actually buying a car from these guys.
Old 6th July 2008, 09:44   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Yes 'Fiat doesn't recommend Autocop but it does not void the vehicle warranty.

ICE Work is done at last ,I was even told the same ,have fitted the followings :
HU with USB DEH-P5090UB
Blaupunkt Loud Speakers GTx Series

Blaupunkt GTx 693 x 2 (Rear)
3-way Triaxial loud speaker system
Max. Power 240 Watts

Blaupunkt GTx 542 x 2 (Front)
2-way Coaxial loud speaker system
Max. Power 170 Watts

I am very Happy with this configration.
Me too have the same configuration in my 1.6 Sport, but with Blaupunkt HU Sandiego. I think why they don't recommend is that faulty installation of HU will do damage more than benefits. For this reason, I purely went to complete Blaupunkt set. If you use a HU other than Blaupunkt, then they have to tweak in some power cables which is very dangerous...
Old 6th July 2008, 21:57   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
I'm pretty sure it was the same one they gave me to test drive. I drove a black MJD too. Was it a SDE model? And did you note the reading on it? I think it was showing 48 Kms run already.
Yes, I drove a black SDE too and I the mileage on the car showed 45 or 48 kms with the speedo being turned off. The same thing happened with the Mysore Rd Concorde showroom. I asked the salesman about it and he told me that they register vehicles in a batch and so they have to pull of the speedo cable so that the RTO guys don't create issues while registering them. I am really not sure if this is the actual reason though.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:14   #102
tez
BHPian

seems like they would pass the TD vehicle to an unsuspecting customer.

Mods :- sorry for duplicate post, please delete this post.

Last edited by tez : 7th July 2008 at 12:16.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:16   #103
tez
BHPian

seems like the showroom guys would eventually pass the TD vehicle to an unsuspecting customer.Does Team BHP delivery checklist contain the points to check if the car is a TD car or not? My guess says it should but just wanted to confirm.
Old 7th July 2008, 13:32   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
. Spoke to Sandeep there & he says he cannot offer anything more and started saying something on the lines of 'Fiat doesn't recommend Autocop since it screws up the wiring with respect to the cabin lights etc' didn't make sny sense to me & clearly sounded as a gimmick. I don't think I want to deal with Concorde anymore now.
Hi Dud,

Not that i am trying to sell concorde or anything but what is said is basically true.

I have a SDX and Autocop for about 2 months now and i am seriously thinking of changing it, the problems i face.

1. the after market installer disconnected my cabin lights so that Autocop works fine

2. the service ppl reconnected the cabin lights upon my request.

now some times when i unlock the car it give an alarm tone for about a sec (no idea why?)

If i try to unlock the car before the cabin light go out (the come on if any of the front door are open) The alarm goes off and wont shut of until i press the "unlock" button.

So i dont know if these guys dont know how to install Autocop on a Palio or Fiat really has a very unique set of requirements.

What i do know is Autocop on my car is less than perfect.
Old 7th July 2008, 15:34   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay View Post
Hi Dud,
Not that i am trying to sell concorde or anything but what is said is basically true.
Hey Aadi,
Thanks for this info, I'll check with Prerna in that case. Not sure if Prerna fixing it themselves will be any better or not, but will check anyways.

Else will negotiate for something better in exchange of the Autocop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks