Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2008, 19:24   #31
BHPian

One more from me:

This is the reply i got from Minda

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your query on Minda Central Locking Systems. You can get fitted our model EK 8479 A on your vehicle ,and we will help with the installation of the same.Please do feel free to contact us .

Thanks and regards,

Could someone please confirm that this is the right model?

Note from TBHP Supprt: Post edited since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th June 2008 at 21:07. Reason: Font, color
Old 11th August 2008, 11:44   #32
BHPian

Long time since i posted, was busy with work. Anyways. I have started facing reliability problems with Safari 2.2 sadly !

On my trip to pondicherry, the car started overheating, checked all fuses wires etc, all in tact. Called tata helpline it took 3 hours for them to reach the place where car was stopped because it was 4kms away from the showroom. the guy connects laptop and it says all fine, he is confused, then i had an idea, check the temp switch because thats a problem i had in my old safari. Thank god, it was the switch which was the culprit and they luckily had stock of the same. Fixed it and went to velankanni and back to bangalore. No issues. This was in July.

On 5th August, car having a very bad wobbling problem, took to alignment shop, they showed a loose bolt connecting the upper arm of suspension and tyre was almost to fall off with the suspension !! Tata says it was bad luck and would like to check my vehicle at my convenience.

On 8-8-08 (what a lucky day) car stops without any reason at Richmond Road, Bangalore. No indication or warning of any problem. Waited for few mins, started the car again, it starts but switches off immediately. Called up service helpline they say they can attend only after four hours as they don't have any guys in their workshop. This was at about 2pm in the afternoon. Called up the CRM of workshop and he was helpful. (This was because i had already escalated the lack of support from the showroom to Tata motors)

For the first time car had to be towed to the showroom and was deeply upset. I had to leave for a trip that night. Everything got cancelled. To add to misery the guys who came to get the car has no idea what's the issue. They connected laptop and tried checking but do not know how to operate the software. I was very very angry. Called up the Regional Manager of Tata Cust care and screamed. I had to, because first, my trip got cancelled. second these guys have no idea what to do. Then went to workshop along with their tow vehicle and they said "sir give us a days time" and I had no other option. Next day problem fixed, the ECU had to be replaced.

I am now really worried, is this the start of more problems to come? Hope others won't get into situations like this especially on the middle of the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks