Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 15:23   #31
BHPian

Congratulations buddy,go For After market Alloys for your corolla as Original Toyota Alloys are Priced Waay to high. And If u intent to change the tires do not go above 205 size cause i seen a lot of corollas in my days at Toyota,most cars with tires wider than that had high levels of road noise.

Driven With a Light foot you will get real good fuel averages up to 14.5kmpl. a Good K & N Conical Filter Would do good for your car but Warranty would be a problem.

A Corolla is Just Another investment. It Does not Lose It's Value at least for 5 to 6 years. And You Got a real Good Bargain,Because When The Axio Starts Rolling Out Of The Plant In August End, Expect The Prices To be Close TO 14 Lakhs. Simply Out of the reach for normal mortals like us. Congrats Once Again.

Last edited by muneemmk : 11th June 2008 at 15:24.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:33   #32
BHPian

Thank you all for the comments.

gr8guzzler, theMAG, Samurai, The_Warrior, k36, Sandeep_K_Ram, gods-envy:
Parking is a pain. The lane is very narrow. But over time I and my wifey have mastered the art of parking. Still, proper precautions are taken when parking. We actually now park the other way round so that we don’t have to jump out of the passenger door. Jumping was easier in the Alto.

jazzy_2cool, sirajbose, sukiwa, neoonwheels, benbsb29, stable rock, muneemmk:
Have to wait for some time for the alloys. Completely broke now. The dealer offered 5 alloys for 40k. I have gone through the thread for tubeless tyres on steel rims. Taking all the precautions mentioned. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Did they offer outright 1L discount, or accesories?
The cash discount that was offered was Rs. 75,000. Corporate discount was another Rs. 13,000. And since we were getting the accessories mentioned (fog lamps, autocop, sunfim) from the dealer itself, another Rs. 13,000 off on the accessories bill. Plus there was about half tank petrol in the car. That also counts as a discount, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Have you gotten rid of your Alto? Don't yet, because soon you will find enjoyment with it.
Alto is still there. But have to part ways with the car to cover the down payment for the Corolla. I did the down payment by credit card and have to settle the bill by July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Lost your vehicle ? Got stolen ?
We had given the vehicle for servicing. Called them up to check when it will be ready. The reply was that no such vehicle is present here. Took almost 1/2 hour for them to locate it. Never seen my dad in that shade of crimson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
More seriously - how does your missus feel after using it , what is her driving experience after the Alto?
She was pretty terrified of driving such a big car in regular traffic. But once inside the car, she felt more comfortable and in fact found it easier than the Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Great discount, do you hold classes on Negotiation skills?
To be very frank, both me and my missus are bad / not / zilch when it comes to negotiation. These discounts were offered by the dealer. The only place where we tried our best (which was quite an effort) was on the accessories front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
But why did you even consider swift and getz while your budget was in the range of a corolla.
We were not sure about the budget. Our thought was, let’s decide on the car and then think if the same can be fitted in the budget. Wrong approach, I know, but we enjoyed the see-saw journey TDing all the cars.

Thanks again and will keep posted on the FE and other details.
Old 11th June 2008, 16:49   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great thread title, great opening post and great car! Wow Jedi, that was a heck of a journey. Car shopping is an insane amount of fun, isn't it? Congratulations to both of you. I think the Corolla looks best in this particular colour.

Please keep updating this thread with a review of the Corolla. Also, I expect a hilarious post on how the Mahindra workshop lost your Scorpio
Old 11th June 2008, 17:33   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Also, I expect a hilarious post on how the Mahindra workshop lost your Scorpio
He explained below that it was lost and found within half-hour by the service folks

Jedi, congrats on the new purchase. That sure is a long jump from Alto to a Carolla, i have always admired the way the car pulls away, looks astounding and seem quite powerful. However, my favorite color for this car is the champagne mica
Old 11th June 2008, 20:25   #35
BHPian

Cogratulations on your new car. Your jounrney from one car to another and finally to Corolla is amazing. Wish , I can do that for my next car. Do post about your experience about the inital ownership and the FE.
Old 11th June 2008, 20:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!! Thats a big upgrade and a great one. Enjoy!!
Old 11th June 2008, 20:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Jedi congratulations to the couple on the new car. Your thread title is simply eye catching will ensure that people drop by here. Half way thru reading your 1st post I thought it was NHC that you decided on.Never the less a wonderful transition from an Alto to the Corolla.

I suggest that you look around for a good deal on the OE alloys that is shipped with the Corolla. IMO nothing would beat the look of those 5 spoke alloys.
Good luck and drive safe.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 11th June 2008 at 20:52.
Old 12th June 2008, 08:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Jedi congratulations to the couple on the new car. Your thread title is simply eye catching will ensure that people drop by here. Half way thru reading your 1st post I thought it was NHC that you decided on.Never the less a wonderful transition from an Alto to the Corolla.

Good luck and drive safe.
+1. You just stole the words out of my mouth Riju, not fair(Note that I removed the alloys part).

To add something on my own, I just loved the way your purchase went. You follow your heart. I am sure you will have a nice time with your car.

Last edited by kuttapan : 12th June 2008 at 08:49. Reason: Hey that was my 500th post. You guys must be so lucky to recieve so many from me.
Old 12th June 2008, 11:18   #39
BHPian

congrats on your purchase
excellent choice i must say .
Old 12th June 2008, 11:24   #40

congrats brcheers:
good choice
Old 12th June 2008, 11:31   #41
Team-BHP Support

Great write up! Congratz on the purchase and you really made a very wise decision putting the money down on Corolla, any day a league better to Sx4 and city's.
Old 12th June 2008, 11:35   #42
BHPian

Fantastic write-up.
Congratulations on the new car. Its a great car and a great investment.

Do let us know about the FE.
Even I am thinking about buying Corolla (Used one, do not have the budget for the new, one as of now).
Also, the maintenance costs (servicing, repairs etc.).
Old 14th June 2008, 22:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jedi,

Neat writeup and congrats on your new car. We have a cousin in the family who owns one and he swears by it. Have not driven it though but have been driven around in that & it feels just awesome!!

Enjoy the new car and drive safe!!

PS: I was about to point out about the parking near the wall issue but i guess you have sorted it out. I was also thinking of telling you to park it the other way round so that getting out of the car for the driver is easier, but i guess that has been figured out as well...!!!
Old 15th June 2008, 19:26   #44
BHPian

1 week and 550 kms later fully enjoying the ride. And finally we have the first FE figure. Run in Bangalore city with 99% AC, the car delivered an amazing FE of 11.6.

Using IOC unleaded petrol and the method used for calculation was auto cut off. I was prepared for a figure around 8-9. So extremely happy with the current reading. Still avoiding crossing the 2000 rpm mark, which is a bit of a pain. But with these figures, happy to continue doing so.

Till now, no issues with the build quality, i.e. no rattles or niggles anywhere. Ride and handling, top notch. Will keep the post updated. Inputs are most welcome.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:01   #45
BHPian

FE of 11.6 in the City with 99% AC, that's had to believe, but in any case if it's true then it's very very good mileage for a car as big as the Corolla.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks