Team-BHP - When Safari lovers TD a Scorpio mHawk! EDIT:Its a Safari
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   When Safari lovers TD a Scorpio mHawk! EDIT:Its a Safari (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/41127-when-safari-lovers-td-scorpio-mhawk-edit-its-safari-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 895907)
3 days to Cochin from Pune for the 4x4. I got delivery on day 4 (I think). But this was after verifying the inventory - I chose Silver because they had 2 Silver EX 4x4s scheduled for production on that day without a confirmed order. So they called up and arranged for this to be released for Kerala and shipped the same day. The Arizona Blue and Quartz Black that I wanted had bookings and therefore I would've had to wait at least 3 weeks for those colours.

Santosh Bhai, can you provide more information as to how this can be done? I mean how did you verify the inventory and who exactly at the dealership can provide this information about which color is going in for production, etcetera. This information will be useful for others who might take the plunge.

The salesguy responsbile for placing the order will know the complete inventory details of colour availability and even whats loaded on the truck.

TATA has a connected system in place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 895925)
Santosh Bhai, can you provide more information as to how this can be done? I mean how did you verify the inventory and who exactly at the dealership can provide this information about which color is going in for production, etcetera. This information will be useful for others who might take the plunge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 895907)
3 days to Cochin from Pune for the 4x4. I got delivery on day 4 (I think). But this was after verifying the inventory - I chose Silver because they had 2 Silver EX 4x4s scheduled for production on that day without a confirmed order. So they called up and arranged for this to be released for Kerala and shipped the same day. The Arizona Blue and Quartz Black that I wanted had bookings and therefore I would've had to wait at least 3 weeks for those colours.

In your case it is more like Hubli / Davangere (TML has a stockyard ) to Kochi.

@Tsk - 8-10 days is the max, in all probability you should have the truck much before.

According to my contact at the dealer, Today the truck is going to be loaded at Pune.

So Pune to Ludhiana should take a maximum of 4 days. Are you expecting delivery by the end of the week or on Sunday?

More like next weekend as the Dealer says 8-10 days.

Don't you think that the dealer has evil intentions by saying 8-10 days? If the vehicle was loaded today then maximum time for it to reach the dealership would be 4-5 days na? Why does he need this extra time? Tanveer I think you need to ask him to allow you to inspect the vehicle as soon as it arrives. More so since this is his first 4x4, I think he wants to give some test drives on it before delivering it to you. Be careful buddy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUV (Post 895930)
In your case it is more like Hubli / Davangere (TML has a stockyard ) to Kochi.

No I specifically remember this was factory inventory as they didnt have a 4x4 in stock in Hubli/Davangere.

Tanveer, I just went through the entire thread once again and realised that you have not mentioned anything about the freebies or discounts. I am sure you have discussed and must have haggled and got a lot out of your dealer. However if you recall, JKDas had managed to get the dealer to change the EX's HU to the one that comes with the Grande. I believe that the Grande comes with an Alpine unit with inbuilt support for the iPod and also comes with the iPod interface cable. Are you getting anythings on these lines?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 896126)
Tanveer, I just went through the entire thread once again and realised that you have not mentioned anything about the freebies or discounts. I am sure you have discussed and must have haggled and got a lot out of your dealer. However if you recall, JKDas had managed to get the dealer to change the EX's HU to the one that comes with the Grande. I believe that the Grande comes with an Alpine unit with inbuilt support for the iPod and also comes with the iPod interface cable. Are you getting anythings on these lines?

I clearly told the dealer that no freebies etc., etc., just pure cash discount. I got that and the dealer has asked me not to divulge anything about the discount,
As for test drives, I doubt that. Last time dealer did that, and had to give lots of freebies + Hefty cash discount
Anyways my uncle will land there as soon as the truck arrives, and I will rush there at the nearest weekend.
So far it appears that by wed is the arrival, and on thu or fri I will take delivery.

Theek hai. You take the delivery and after that, please pm me and let me know how much could you extract out of the dealer in terms of discount.

To whom did the dealer have to give discounts after allowing test drive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 896153)
Theek hai. You take the delivery and after that, please pm me and let me know how much could you extract out of the dealer in terms of discount.

To whom did the dealer have to give discounts after allowing test drive?

To us only. The first safari in family was a DICOR 3.0 LX owned by my uncle.
After all this fiasco somehow the main incharge of sales and my uncle became friends.
Strange are the ways of this world :D
Anyways check your PM

Tanveer, since this happens to be the first Safari for you (am not talking about family ownerships), do you want me to accompany you to Ludhiana to drive the truck back to Noida?....chuckle...chuckle..

Indica and Safari are a lot different. I've owned a safari 4x4 for close to 10 years..My credentials are impeccable. A friend in need is a friend indeed - an old saying.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 896136)
Anyways my uncle will land there as soon as the truck arrives, and I will rush there at the nearest weekend.
So far it appears that by wed is the arrival, and on thu or fri I will take delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumitB (Post 896126)

Guess from mine onwars it Alpine HU + that iPod adapter free.

Which color? Did I miss the post regarding this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 896554)
Which color? Did I miss the post regarding this?

Tanveer has placed an order for Pearl White EX 4x4.