Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 17:52   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
BTW, Swift/DZire has pretty bad bumper locks. The moment you open up the bumper atleast 2-3 locks would be broken.
Have talked to different guys at MASS, but it has not been sorted out yet.
The front seat recliner is not working.
It wont pull the seat back up.
sumit i have same problems. m scared to open the bumper for any reason. and if i have to, then make sure i have feviquick handy.
my service advisor said the recliner is covered under warranty. m facing the same problem and plan to get it replaced the next time i visit the workshop.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Wow! those are one of the best alloys i've seen off late. how much do the cost
And whats your expereince with the A drives after the XM1's could you do a comparison?
XM1s are better than A-Drive in terms of noise and good for city driving.
A-Drives feels more planted and handling seems better than Michelin, I am sure that's cause I had 185/70 R14 in XM1+ and 195/60 R15.

Ride had become a little bumpy after upgrading to 15 inchers on bad roads.
One a good road one wouldn't feel any difference in terms of ride quality.

I am maintaining 30psi all around right now.
I will try 28psi on rears and 30 on front next time.

Alloys costed me 15k for set of 4.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
sumit i have same problems. m scared to open the bumper for any reason. and if i have to, then make sure i have feviquick handy.
my service advisor said the recliner is covered under warranty. m facing the same problem and plan to get it replaced the next time i visit the workshop.
Thanks for the info.
I will talk to MASS and will get it replaced under warranty.
I never trusted them when they said "not being covered under warranty".
Bumper locks are pretty bad.

I want angel eyes for headlamps.
Can anyone tell me where I can buy them online.
My local accessory shop told me its for 12k (headlamps only).
I felt thats expensive.
I have no idea how angel eyes work. Do they come with HID/projector or what? And do we have to use a relay for angel eyes?

EDIT: BTW, I have the same pioneer HU as in your swift in my Innova. Yours with bluetooth? And, how much did you pay for it?

Last edited by SumitBahl : 10th February 2009 at 18:02.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I want angel eyes for headlamps.
Can anyone tell me where I can buy them online.
My local accessory shop told me its for 12k (headlamps only).
I felt thats expensive.
I have no idea how angel eyes work. Do they come with HID/projector or what? And do we have to use a relay for angel eyes?

EDIT: BTW, I have the same pioneer HU as in your swift in my Innova. Yours with bluetooth? And, how much did you pay for it?
i paid 9600 without B&W. no bluetooth. bluetooth is in the american version only i guess.

angel eyes are available in the range of 8.5k to 12k as you said. depends on the design.
1. Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-n681710491_5077414_3549.jpg

2. Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-newstyleswiftheads3.jpg

in delhi you get them for 10500.
they go best with HIDs and they cost any where from 4500 to 13k again depending upon the kelvin rating n wattage. no relays required for angel eyes.
Old 10th February 2009, 22:27   #35
BHPian

Thanks for the pictures.
The second one looks amazing.
It looks stunning in black color.
I will soon come to delhi for these.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:33   #36

My Dzire Vxi is also scheduled for 10000 kms service. any suggestions from BHPians regarding the engineoil i should use. Shouls i stick on to the oil that the MASS guys fill in. Or should I go for some other brands?
Old 31st August 2010, 19:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ krishna

Of you do lot of highway driving ask for synthetic oil (Mobil) if it is mostly used in city, continue with the same oil.

Please keep in mind that synthetic oil is expensive (around 1000 bucks for a litre.)

Ensure tyre rotation, wheel balancing and wheel alignment is done.
Old 31st August 2010, 21:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Of you do lot of highway driving ask for synthetic oil (Mobil) if it is mostly used in city, continue with the same oil.
Dude, don't mislead. It's the strenuous stop-go inching traffic that takes a toll on the engine/engine oil. Cars driven on the highway need a lesser oil change frequency than cars that are solely used within the city. Further, Fully Synthetic oils have other benefits like a smooth engine, a more muted engine note, better FE and longer drain periods. FS oils have a more uniform molecular shape than ordinary mineral oils. I would say, an FS oil anyday!

Last edited by DRIV3R : 31st August 2010 at 21:10.
Old 31st August 2010, 23:14   #39
BHPian

Synthetic oil would always be better.
It is expensive, but lasts longer than mineral oil as well.

On my 40k service of DZire, I took my own can of Mobil1 with me.
Engine runs much smoother now, diesel clutter noise has reduced as well.
Old 26th March 2011, 21:46   #40

Re: Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems

Quote:
Synthetic oil would always be better.
It is expensive, but lasts longer than mineral oil as well.

On my 40k service of DZire, I took my own can of Mobil1 with me.
Engine runs much smoother now, diesel clutter noise has reduced as well.

Dear sumit,
i read through your complete post. i have also booked a swift dzire vdi, color silver or azure grey. was going through more posts on team-bhp, now that the car is about 3-4 yrs old in the indian market, for all the goods and bads as written by you and others. a few questions for you :-
1. initially you had installed a pioneer speakers, as per your post. where did you get them fixed (doors / rear seat board), and which model were they? components or coaxials? 5 in / 5.5 in / 6x9?? and did u need to do any major mods for the same.

2. you have then mentioned in a later post that you are planning to change your ICE, but retain the head unit for the integrated look. i am also planning the same. so have you posted any further threads on that.

3. have you fixed the angel eyes?? whats the costs??

do feed me the inputs, although i am buying the car about 3 yrs after you, but i am sure i can use the help from your side.

cheers!!
Old 27th March 2011, 18:35   #41
BHPian

Re: Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by natthu View Post
1. initially you had installed a pioneer speakers, as per your post. where did you get them fixed (doors / rear seat board), and which model were they? components or coaxials? 5 in / 5.5 in / 6x9?? and did u need to do any major mods for the same.
I had 6X9 Infinity Reference 6233i in the rear parcel tray.
No major mods were required to fir the 6X9, there is a an addon tray available which sits on top (and fits perfectly) on top of the current parcel tray and speakers go in easily.

Quote:
2. you have then mentioned in a later post that you are planning to change your ICE, but retain the head unit for the integrated look. i am also planning the same. so have you posted any further threads on that.
I did get some components for the front, an amp and a sub. I was running them from the stock HU. But, stock HU is really poor. If you are going in for some high end equipment I would recommend you to change the head as well.
The difference is massive and worth it if you enjoy your music.
If you anyways want to retain the stock HU, go for HLA (Genesis preferably, which costs around 5-6k) and route your RCAs through the HLA.
Quote:
3. have you fixed the angel eyes?? whats the costs??
I did fit the angel eyes with projector setup. Although I did not go for HID. Although they look very good, but visibility is really poor. If I had fitted HID, things might have improved.
Getting the focus right for the projectors is very difficult.
If you know any good installer who has experience with projectors, you can give it a shot.
But, be ready to spend close to 20k. A good HID kit alone costs 8-10k. Go for a custom headlights, do not go for the Chinese make replacement plug and play headlamps available in market.
I spent 6K on the headlamps (chinese make) and switched back to stock headlights in 2-3 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks