Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 12:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Anirban, Congratulations on the new buy and have a great, great time with the beast.
Not sure whether you were able to sort out the issue of the water droplets at the ASC. But someone on the Scorpio yahoogroup also had this problem and it was traced to the water drain pipe (the one that collect the condensate water and drains it outside the vehicle) not being fitted or positioned properly. Check this out and hope it helps. DO let us know of the outcome !
Agree, Water condensation is not the problem. It should be drained out of the vehicle and not inside. Should be a minor problem I think.
Old 2nd July 2008, 10:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
By the way VLS is now costing 11.43 OTR. It was 10.94 OTR beginning of this month.
Part of the reason could be the hike in excise duty of vehicles over 1500cc engine.
Old 3rd July 2008, 19:17   #33
BHPian

Hi Thankx guys....Well my answers for the queries by you friends are here :

"Mansidea"
1) This comes with ABS and not with EBD.

"bkishore77"
2) OTR at delhi was 10.18 for me...

"ramkya1"
3) Yesterday I had topped my tank only 1003 on odo ..my mileage is 10km/ltr with AC LO always.
The team at A.S.S told me the same thing that this is because of the moisture related to extra humidity the ac pipe has water droplets which form droplets slowly.. otherwise the drainage pipe is out and exits the ac water properly.

3) Major differences between VLS and VLX are VLS is without any electronic sensors...I mean Tyretronics--Cruise Control-- Steering Music Control--Automatic Headlights & Rain Wipers.
Rest all are same..
Old 7th July 2008, 10:25   #34
BHPian

Hey all,

A small update ... I topped all my tyres with Nitrogen ... don't know how good this would be ... Am still evaluating. Each Tyre refill is Rs 20/-..but yes I am sure that getting my tyres filled from a proper place has the right Pressure...most of the petrol pump air pressure gauge are faulty ...as now my steering has become smooth while taking turns which i guess previusly felt heavy because incorrect air pressure.
Old 7th July 2008, 11:02   #35
BHPian

All,

Could manage only one pictures.. more to follow..
Attached Thumbnails
My Scorpio mHawk 2.2 VLS-scorpio1.jpg  

Old 7th July 2008, 11:29   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Picture looks lovely
ref Nitrogen in your tyres, you'll have to ensure they are at the right pressure at all times but while going on highways you may not find Nitrogen available to top up. But they say it does not expand and contract with outside heat and pressure so the tyre pressure is maintained for longer periods unlike with normal Air.
May I suggest a few additions to your vehicle?
1. Aura Wheels - F 11665 - about 25-27K - no need to change the OEM tyres at all. But with these alloys your ride will improve further as well as add to the overall look of the vehicle.
2. Steering mounted remote control for your music system - 2K
3. Front Bull Bar from Carryboy - 10K
4. LLumar light grey Sun Film - this is extremely useful in improving your AC cooling efficiency as well as cutting out the UV radiation. Cost about 3K.
5. Bosch AeroTwin Windscreen Wipers - cost 1800 for two. Very effective.

Then you'll have an unbeatable Scorpio!!
Cheers and wish you all the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanm View Post
Hi Thankx guys....Well my answers for the queries by you friends are here :

"Mansidea"
1) This comes with ABS and not with EBD.

"bkishore77"
2) OTR at delhi was 10.18 for me...

"ramkya1"
3) Yesterday I had topped my tank only 1003 on odo ..my mileage is 10km/ltr with AC LO always.
The team at A.S.S told me the same thing that this is because of the moisture related to extra humidity the ac pipe has water droplets which form droplets slowly.. otherwise the drainage pipe is out and exits the ac water properly.

3) Major differences between VLS and VLX are VLS is without any electronic sensors...I mean Tyretronics--Cruise Control-- Steering Music Control--Automatic Headlights & Rain Wipers.
Rest all are same..
Old 7th July 2008, 11:56   #37
BHPian

Anirban, the black color looks divine on the Scorpio. Congratulations.

The AeroTwin from Bosch are very costly. The normal Bosch wipers cost about 300 per pair and they are much better than most OEM wipers.

OT: Are you from the North East?

Last edited by SumitB : 7th July 2008 at 12:01.
Old 7th July 2008, 12:47   #38
BHPian

Hi Shankar,

Thanks man... Have already got my bull bars fitted yesterday...here is the picture...Other accessories are pending will definetly consider before adding them to my scorpio...

Hi Sumit,

Thanks my friend I was initially planning for Rocky Beige...but then finally decided on Black.. It suits Scorpio the best..

Nope am from Kolkata..
Attached Thumbnails
My Scorpio mHawk 2.2 VLS-dsc00191.jpg  

My Scorpio mHawk 2.2 VLS-dsc00192.jpg  

Old 7th July 2008, 13:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
The AeroTwin from Bosch are very costly. The normal Bosch wipers cost about 300 per pair and they are much better than most OEM wipers.

My experience with the Bosch wipers has strangely been just the opposite of many here on the forum! I went through three pairs of Bosch wipers and found that they are good only for the first month or so. Migrated back to the OE (Hyundai) wipers a year back and have been happy since! In fact they just change the rubber part of the blades - costs some 30 odd bucks and one is back in top shape! (some workshops may not do this. You will have to ASK for it - else they change the whole wiper blade set -which costs more)

Last edited by kb100 : 7th July 2008 at 13:03.
Old 7th July 2008, 13:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
My experience with the Bosch wipers has strangely been just the opposite of many here on the forum! I went through three pairs of Bosch wipers and found that they are good only for the first month or so. Migrated back to the OE (Hyundai) wipers a year back and have been happy since! In fact they just change the rubber part of the blades - costs some 30 odd bucks and one is back in top shape! (some workshops may not do this. You will have to ASK for it - else they change the whole wiper blade set -which costs more)
Your experience with Bosch wipers is surprising. I have no vehicle to try them out but most people on the forums who have used Bosch have claimed that they are very good. Last reported user was Sudev who changed the wipers on his Vitara. Also, JKDas uses them on his Safari. Many other users are having no complaints whatsoever. It cannot be blamed on a particular piece in your case as you have already gone through 3 pairs! Which vehicle did you use them on and what exactly goes wrong with them?
Old 7th July 2008, 13:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Black Is Beautiful

Anirban,

Your black Scorp looks stunning.... you'd have to keep cleaning in daily, pretty thoroughly

The bullbars: I have never put bull bars in any of my cars; it would not dissipate the impact of a collision and would nullyfy all the research and engineering of a crumple zone, energy dissipation etc., IMHO, the Scorp would look original without it.

The Sun Film is a must, good quality ones reflects out lots of energy and keeps the cabin cool. I had initially installed dark ones, was warned by a traffic sargent @ Ahmedabad, ripped it out and have put lighter ones which would be acceptable all over India. Siince I do long hauls and if you are planning long ones, better to get the RTO approved grade ones. In some states, the cops take special pleasure in harassing dark-filmed trucks.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
Old 7th July 2008, 13:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful vehicle, Anirban.

So, finally what happened to the condensation issue? Are you still having a free foot wash or not?
Old 7th July 2008, 13:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Your experience with Bosch wipers is surprising. I have no vehicle to try them out but most people on the forums who have used Bosch have claimed that they are very good. Last reported user was Sudev who changed the wipers on his Vitara. Also, JKDas uses them on his Safari. Many other users are having no complaints whatsoever. It cannot be blamed on a particular piece in your case as you have already gone through 3 pairs! Which vehicle did you use them on and what exactly goes wrong with them?
Yeah. I was surprised as well. Which is why I went three pairs of them before deciding to revert. I had it on and Accent CRDi and predominantly driven in South India - never north of Bangalore. This experience was over two monsoons. It used to really do a good job of cleaning and then would start leaving streaks. Even the minutest particles of dust/dirt used to effect it. I would have to do that newspaper thingy with the rubber edge - this would again last for a day or two. The OE ones, I found, are more rugged and less finicky, and at 30 bucks a pop it really does not hurt to toss in a new one every quarter if one so desires!
Old 7th July 2008, 13:33   #44
BHPian

Anirban, the bull bars you have put are killing the look of the Scorpio. You should try the CarryBoy bull bar which integrates into the front bumper. Also, the current bull bar you have is going to immensely affect the crumple zones of your vehicle and cause severe harm to the occupants in case of a head on collission. You should consider getting it changed or removed.
Old 7th July 2008, 13:44   #45
BHPian

Hey HappyWheels,

Nope I Went to te A.S.S they checked the AC overflow pipe which is outside the vehile and have seen that myself.. The droplest that I have been bugged about are more of miisture condensation from the overall humidity in the air which is quite more... so still apprehensive ...lets see.

Hi Sumit / Ramkya1,

I do admit that the bull bars are killing the looks of my car... Would definetly go to the market to have a second look....and change the bull bar...

Most Viewed