Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 13:22   #16
BHPian

Changed color

Finally D-day arrives. With the team bhp checklist in hand, I reach the HMP in chennai. I am shown the vehicle which i have been alotted. I go around the vehicle inspecting the car. Seeing the markings in the glasses on the car makes me anxious, all four door glasses mfg date is given as 2007 and the windshield and rear glass is 2008. I know that this means that the car is mfg in the cusp of 2007-2008. Also the place where the VIN number is stickered, there was an entry with a pen saying 08/02. This confirmed my fear that this is not a new car.

I show this to my salesman but he argues he got this car only in the morning. But I am just not convinced and I speak to my friend in the factory and give him the VIN number and he confirms my doubt and says that the car is mfg in January 2008. I blast the salesman saying when I specifically asked for a latest car, how could he allot this old car to me. He had no clear answer.

He asked me to wait for 4 more days for getting a new car, but I am not ready to accept it. The salesman had boasted on the first day that he can deliver any color on the same day of payment, I caught him on this point and told him to give me another car immediately. He went to speak to his higher officials and came back saying that there is a Oyster gray available. I kinda liked that color and so agreed to it. (cross-checked the VIN number with friend and also the markings on the glass) I also insisted on reg to happen today itself. He asked for a letter from us that we had asked for a change in color and we gave it.

So, my color changes from a black Magna i10 to oyster grey Magna. Will post pictures once the car is delivered to me.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:39   #17
BHPian

Congrats..

Congrats Anand on your booking. It might be a bit disappointment to you for not getting the desired color but somehow you got the opted one. I hope you got the delivery yesterday.

I too planned & decided to get (my first car) i10 in the beginning of this year. But due to some financial issue , I postponed the purchase. Now I am learning and experiencing the pre delivery issues faced by others like you. It should be useful to others and me in this portal to become cautious during purchase.

I am also planning for the same model but yet to inquire in showrooms. How did you decide your showroom? Did you inquire in DSC before HMP? What was the difference between these two showrooms in terms of offers?

As I am working in Guindy Industrial estate, HMP is near to me. I will inquire after collecting some more details from you all.

Please post some pictures and update in detail if you fit any extra items in your car.

Did anyone fix alloy wheel (I love it for cars ) for your i10? If so, please give the detail. I found one i10 with alloy and upgraded tyre near Palavanthangal subway last week. I did't see anymore.
Old 26th June 2008, 17:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Congrats Anand on your booking. It might be a bit disappointment to you for not getting the desired color but somehow you got the opted one. I hope you got the delivery yesterday.

I too planned & decided to get (my first car) i10 in the beginning of this year. But due to some financial issue , I postponed the purchase. Now I am learning and experiencing the pre delivery issues faced by others like you. It should be useful to others and me in this portal to become cautious during purchase.

I am also planning for the same model but yet to inquire in showrooms. How did you decide your showroom? Did you inquire in DSC before HMP? What was the difference between these two showrooms in terms of offers?

As I am working in Guindy Industrial estate, HMP is near to me. I will inquire after collecting some more details from you all.

Please post some pictures and update in detail if you fit any extra items in your car.

Did anyone fix alloy wheel (I love it for cars ) for your i10? If so, please give the detail. I found one i10 with alloy and upgraded tyre near Palavanthangal subway last week. I did't see anymore.
Hi Vijay,

Took delivery of the car yesterday evening. Have notched just 50 kms till now. Its a very nice car. Kinda gives a big car feeling compared to my previous ride the alto.

I did inquire in the other dealerships in chennai, almost all were quoting the same rate, and HMP was the only one which was giving me a good rate on my old car. Also my house is less than 1.5 kms from HMP.

About HMP, its like a typical Indian dealership, they were courteous till I finalized the deal, after that the reception I got was cold. For e.g, during delivery yesterday I was made to wait 45 minutes to get the complimentary mats. Also they did not attach the sun-films i had asked for when taking delivery. I had to go again today and get it done. Took me 3 hours.

I am not so keen on alloys right now, but i am sure the car would look great with alloys.

Anand.S
Old 26th June 2008, 17:47   #19
BHPian

My experience with HMP has been much better so far , not sure why they goofed up this time with you.

i10 in Oyster grey looks great . Eagerly awaiting the pics from you.

How was ride until now?

PS: Can you get the mods to change the title of the thread to Oyster Grey i10

Last edited by Mission_Safari : 26th June 2008 at 17:48.
Old 26th June 2008, 17:50   #20
BHPian

Anand,

Would be great if you could put some pics and also pen down some initial impressions.

Oyster Grey is the best colour in i10 next to Black.
Old 26th June 2008, 18:05   #21
BHPian

Hey, just read somewhere that Hyundai is going to introduce the i10 with a new engine? Any truth in this?
Old 26th June 2008, 18:18   #22
BHPian

Initial ownership experience

Hi M_S & Raajiv, I will take some pics today and put them up, forgot to take them yesterday after all the trouble in the dealership.

Yes, oyster grey does look great(now that i don't have a choice). I wanted only dark colors for the i10, so that it contrasted with the beige interiors.

As far as my initial impression is concerned, compared to my previous ride, Alto its very good.
  • Drivability- In the city traffic, i have rarely had to exceed 2000 rpm, it very easily picks up from 20 in third gear without any hiccups.
  • A/C- The a/c is very good, it chills very quickly, but i am yet to test this fully in chennai heat, as it has been raining since i took the car.
  • Visibilty- the road visibilty from the drivers seat is very good. it does not seem like i am sitting on the floor, this feeling i used to get in my Alto(feel very bad, bad-mouthing my old ride)
  • Gearshift- The gear shift is precise, but the travel is long. I am able to coast in 1st gear without touching the accl pedal. This I am sure i going to just love having.
  • Clutch- the pedal travel is a bit long, should have been shorter.
    no dead pedal is a -ve.
  • rear seats- the space for the rear passengers is good, and ingress-egress for passengers and drivers is very good.
  • tacho- just love the tacho, missed it sorely in my alto.
  • instrument panel- it is cute, gives all the required info in a minimal space.
  • boot- have not yet used the bood, but feels adequate for city-runs.
  • tyres- got bridgestones, so far, so good.
  • fit & finish- it is overall good, and the spaces for cup-holds and bottles is good. I just love the space below the factory fitted stereo to keep my cell.
  • stereo- compared to the blaupunkt set in my alto, it feels wanting. but can live with it. speakers are all door mounted. It feels kinda echohy(cant remember the apt word)
Anand.S

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th June 2008 at 20:03.
Old 26th June 2008, 23:12   #23
Team-BHP Support

Congratz on your new car, enjoy the drive
Old 27th June 2008, 11:00   #24
BHPian

Putting up pics

Putting up a few pics I took today. Will take more during the weekend and put it up in the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02693.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02694.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02695.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02696.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02698.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02699.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02700.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02701.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02702.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02703.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02704.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02705.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02706.jpg  

Booked a black i10 Magna (O) (Now Delivered)-dsc02707.jpg  

Old 27th June 2008, 12:18   #25
BHPian

Anand, congratulations. The i10 does really look good in that color. I did not like the i10 immediately after it was launched but over a period of time, my view towards the vehicle has changed. Its also heartening to see that you went for ABS. I strongly believe from my experience that ABS is a must for small cars which are more prone to skidding due to their weight than larger vehicles. Please keep posting your ownership reviews at regular intervals and also if possible, test the ABS and post the findings. Are you planning any mods to the car?
Old 27th June 2008, 12:26   #26
BHPian

Hi SumitB,

Thanks, I had decided to get ABS in my next car after going through various threads in Team-BHP. I will keep posting my driving experience as I log-in the miles. No mods planned as of now. Vitamin M in short supply.
Old 27th June 2008, 13:24   #27
BHPian

Hi anandtheleo congrats ,looks like the parking is a bit tight,take care of your baby.
Old 27th June 2008, 15:05   #28
BHPian

Thanks Hari,

Yes, the parking is a bit tight. I am little afraid of over revving the engine when i go up on the incline every time to park the car during the run-in period. But no other go, sadly.
Old 27th June 2008, 23:51   #29
BHPian

i10 with 1.2 engine

Hi Anand,
Congrats and happy driving. Your initial impression is short and precise. Expecting more reviews while driving more.

Hi Filcord,
Quote:
Hey, just read somewhere that Hyundai is going to introduce the i10 with a new engine? Any truth in this?
Yes. Its true. Just now I read the news in current Autocar mag.

I snapshot it here.

The present 1.1 engine is ‘epsilon’. Now I10 is going to come with new ‘kappa’ engine. This engine is an all-aluminium 1.2 litre motor and impressive 77 bhp, which will make i10 the most powerful hatchback in its class.

There is no change in base variants D-lite and Era which may continue with epsilon.

This kappa engine will be featured with Magna variants and also with two additional variants above the magna. One of the two additional variants is called Asta and other one is a range-topping sport variant which will include jazzed up interiors and a body kit.

As per the magazine’s report, the price difference may be only Rs 10k more for the new engine comparing the same feature i10 with 1.1 engine.

The i10 with this new engine will be launched by next month

Let us wait and watch….
Old 30th June 2008, 19:19   #30
BHPian

Was driving the car over the weekend. The A/c is very very good. The fan at level 1 is enough for the cabin to get cold in 15 mins. The cars pick up and drivability is quiet good. It pulls decently from 1000 rpm in 3rd gear with the a/c on.

The gears, especially the first & second feel a little hard, this I am hoping will get better as i log-in more miles and the engine and gear-box frees up more. The first service is due in 1200-1500 kms or within 2 months. But there is no oil change in the first service.

Brakes have good bite, the travel is very short and does not show any spongy feel. The default music system is quiet good and the bass/treble both are quiet good. Boot space was used to the full in the weekend, could put in 3-4 jute bags, and a big hand carry in the boot with out any fuss. Also was able to squeeze in a big travelers suitcase separately.

Anand.S

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks