Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 22:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchounal View Post
GM is committed to total maintenance cost not exceeding Rs 26,999/- for 3 years for Magnum (diesel) which I think is quite reassuring.
The zero maintenance offer not valid anymore? When i bought it, it was zero spare, service and cost. Is it the same one you are talking about?
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
The zero maintenance offer not valid anymore? When i bought it, it was zero spare, service and cost. Is it the same one you are talking about?
Yes, I am talking about the same. The dealer advised me to opt for cashless offer at the time of delivery as it is not available at a later stage. How much did you pay for the cashless offer?
Old 2nd August 2008, 16:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchounal View Post
Yes, I am talking about the same. The dealer advised me to opt for cashless offer at the time of delivery as it is not available at a later stage. How much did you pay for the cashless offer?
I did not pay anything extra from the OTR cost to avail that offer.
They said it for all chevy cars. You get service coupons for 3 years which is completely free. They claim there will not be any additional cost apart from the fuel cost for first 3 years. Dealer bears 50% of the cost and GM the rest.
I am worried about the service quality of the dealer though, he might end up not replacing essential spares as the expense is from his pocket!
Old 2nd August 2008, 20:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I did not pay anything extra from the OTR cost to avail that offer.
They said it for all chevy cars. You get service coupons for 3 years which is completely free. They claim there will not be any additional cost apart from the fuel cost for first 3 years. Dealer bears 50% of the cost and GM the rest.
I am worried about the service quality of the dealer though, he might end up not replacing essential spares as the expense is from his pocket!
I am not sure how it will work out in my case. I am buying it through CSD canteen. The dealer is in Ludhiana. I will bring the car to Greater Noida and register it here. Since I am not going to get it serviced in Ludhiana, who pays the cost?
Old 26th August 2008, 11:05   #35
BHPian

Congratulations! You must be loving it. Owing an Oprta is a pleasure. I have also purchased an Optra Magnum LS Cashmere. Its real fun to drive. I am also nearing the 1000km mark (right now 982km), will post my experiences in a separate thread.
I agree the OEM supplied head lights are carp. I also am planning to upgrade them after my first service.
So far i have not done any modifications to my car. I am still in the process of zeroing on my music system.
Old 26th August 2008, 15:25   #36
BHPian

Did you take GM's cashless offer? How much did you have to pay for it?
Old 27th August 2008, 20:53   #37
BHPian

I ve crossed 3500 kms now, the engine has settled well now. noise is low and power distribution is more accurate. I have got 2 scratches on the back bumper though, which i plan to fix in the 5k service.

Have observed small rattling from the dash on uneven surfaces and also the car feels bumpy on 30 PSI.
What will be the ideal tyre pressure for a soft ride? 30 - 31 is great for highway though.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:27   #38
BHPian

vchounal ~ I did take the GM cash less offer. I paid 20,000 for it. But as i mentioned in my thread they gave me a 40k discount + freebies.
Old 27th August 2008, 21:31   #39
BHPian

tyre pressure

Quote:
What will be the ideal tyre pressure for a soft ride? 30 - 31 is great for highway though.
For city ride I use 28 psi for all tyres. This is recommeded pressure GM. The ride is good. The details are printed on the right side of the car.on the side pillar near the drivers seat (not able to recollect what you really call it).

When i purchased the car the dealer filled it with 32 psi. its was a bumpy ride.
Old 30th November 2009, 23:04   #40
BHPian

magnum disappointed me today once after 1 and a half years and 20,000 Kms, Fuel pump failed and refused to start. Service guy says its a faulty series and will be replaced with a modified one.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

Never get disappointed. It is common problem in many vehicles when filled with unadulterated fuel. Try filling from a reputed COCO operated fuel station. See if you stick on to one brand. I would recommend IOC normal diesel.

Think this will be covered under Warranty.
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:59   #42
BHPian

I was disappointed not because the vehicle broke down, because of the fact that GM lets the optra run with the faulty pump and would replace on failure, knowing this is a faulty series. Instead they could recall the faulty pumps and get the cars fitted with new.

This would have been fatal if i was on a long drive, the car is still a beast and love 100% of it. The attitude of the company, well that disappointed me.
Old 28th February 2011, 20:44   #43
BANNED

Re: My Chevy Optra magnum LS 1000 KM review

Hey kris905, its been quite a while since you have updated this thread. So, is the rattling problem solved? And what about the fuel pump problem? Did you face any such issues again?
Old 28th February 2011, 20:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
Hey kris905, its been quite a while since you have updated this thread. So, is the rattling problem solved? And what about the fuel pump problem? Did you face any such issues again?
Yeah Mehta, i have done 40k now with my magnum, i just feel the same way i drove it the first time, no drop in performance or quality. One nagging issue has been that the car stalled twice during the past month, almost like it did when the pump failed at 15 k. So i got it replaced with a new generation pump during the service and now its great. Deedi motors did a great job with the service and covering it in warranty.

So if you own a magnum 2008, make sure you get the new generation pump. I have been advised to ride on half the tank minimum all the time as they spotted that the reason for failure, which is ridiculous.
Old 28th February 2011, 21:57   #45
BANNED

You said it! This is weird! There is no rule that you have to keep the fuel level to half compulsorily. Looks like they haven't sorted out the issues yet

Most Viewed