Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 16:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Is this true? Is there anything preventing the sensor from being swapped into any rim??
no there is no such thing. the sensors can be swapped. but it should be done carefully so as not to damage the sensors.
Old 27th June 2008, 14:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_x1 View Post
Congrats Shatrughna! Excellent choice, A great product, indeed one of its kind vehicle in India with all these features.

A quick question on the Turbo, do you feel it to be better than other Diesel burners? Spooltime, boost etc..
This will be a subjective answer to the question. Compared to Verna VGT & Accent CRDi - I didnt feel the improvement as may be since, gear box is not so slick however, in all gears - it feels adequately powered and in fact, I felt the 'rolling on ' is much better than the turbo diesels I have driven so far. However, midrange shove ( boost) is better than both of the vehicles mentioned. Feeling a similar sensation in such a heacy vehicle which is not so aerodynamic is itself a compliment for Mhawk.
Old 27th June 2008, 21:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

hey shatruganha, i have always felt those who has driven the mHawk or even the CRDe always knows its worth. we know the feeling mate!
anyways, had sent my car to the A.S.S because of the gear vibration. has not improved by any extent. they told me its present in all mHawks. so before taking delivery, they offered me a drive in a brand new vehicle to compare and i found its true. mHawks have a little amount of gear lever vibration which i feel reduces the more you accelerate and also gradually as odo readings increase.
Old 28th June 2008, 22:04   #34
BHPian

Thanks Raj for sharing the info about gear lever vibes! Its really sad to know that normally it vibrates but a bit respite to know that may be sometime later , it may reduce.

I have not taken out my car since last sunday and am itching to go somewhere but it seems difficult to move out for next 4-5 weeks. For city commute, I am using Santro AT due to comfort of driving an AT hence, intend to keep it generally at home on weekdays. I was wondering whether is it okay/ safe to keep it parked for long period and what precautions and care I must take while keeping it parked for a week and anything special that I need to do for any longer duration apart from general cleaning or may be removing battery terminals.

Appreciate some suggestions, please.
Old 28th June 2008, 22:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Thanks Raj for sharing the info about gear lever vibes! Its really sad to know that normally it vibrates but a bit respite to know that may be sometime later , it may reduce.

I have not taken out my car since last sunday and am itching to go somewhere but it seems difficult to move out for next 4-5 weeks. For city commute, I am using Santro AT due to comfort of driving an AT hence, intend to keep it generally at home on weekdays. I was wondering whether is it okay/ safe to keep it parked for long period and what precautions and care I must take while keeping it parked for a week and anything special that I need to do for any longer duration apart from general cleaning or may be removing battery terminals.

Appreciate some suggestions, please.
Shatrughna, I would suggest you take your Hawk out whenever you get a chance. People think that its difficult to take SUV out in the city traffic. But i have been driving safari for last 4 yrs and don't find any problem at all, and scorpio it seems is more easier in city than safari, so once you start taking it out, i am sure you will not want to get back to santro again.

Last edited by babureddy : 28th June 2008 at 22:40.
Old 29th June 2008, 10:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

yes, babureddy is right. driving an SUV is quite easy due to its high stance and hence good visibility. also, nobody will try to mess up with you. but i feel you find an A/T very convenient which i agree.
when parking your car for a long duration, better cover it up with a good quality cover. no need to remove the battery terminals if you drive atleast once a week. and its preferable to start your car and let it idle atleast once in 5 days.
Old 30th June 2008, 15:51   #37
BHPian

Congratulations shatrughna.

Quote:
Its really sad to know that normally it vibrates but a bit respite to know that may be sometime later , it may reduce.
This gear lever vibration is a part of scorpio. I still have it in my almost 3.5 years old Scorpio.

Quote:
For city commute, I am using Santro AT due to comfort of driving an AT hence, intend to keep it generally at home on weekdays.
I feel the other way round. I am more comfortable in a Scorpio in cities rather than my Santro.
Old 10th September 2008, 00:10   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Shatrughna,

What seating arrangement do you have? Is it a 8 seater (2+3+3) or the 7 seater with side facing 3rd row (2+3+2) or the 7 seater with captain's seats (2+2+3)?

Could you post some pictures of the interiors and the leg space for the 2nd and 3rd rows?
Old 21st January 2009, 14:53   #39
BHPian

Have completed 5000kms few days back.
Good bits- The car is as good as new in all respect. Not much change( nothing noticeable) in characteristics of engine or gear which means all good and bad things remain as it is. Only thing is that I have started revving engine comparatively more and it is very responsive to throttle inputs. Sometimes I realise very late that I got to change the gear as realise it at very high revvs that I may be lower gear because the harshness of engine is so very less. With windows rolled up the noise is very less.

I appreciate all its hi tech gizmos and use it fully including tyre pressure system, auto lights ( wiper - not used in dry weather), music system with card reader and usb port - its so good.

Bad bits-
Still feel the need for electrically adjustable ORVMs. lack of driver seat height/ support adjustment still a sour point.

Noise of AC ( sometimes - whoosh whoosh) is still persisting.
Tyres - JK Tyres - Elanza- no issues so far.

Dealer / after sales - very very bad. since, 15th Oct been chasing / following up. No luck as the service coordinator never calls back despite promises and they have still not got the spare part needed to do away with that sound ( apparently some cylinder / part of ac) .

Just a help needed / query here- Since its is standard 7 seater ( with bench seat in middle row)- can I fold the middle seat fully . The seat doesnt fold forward and hence, would like to know if it does- and how.
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a help needed / query here- Since its is standard 7 seater ( with bench seat in middle row)- can I fold the middle seat fully . The seat doesnt fold forward and hence, would like to know if it does- and how.
yes, the seat back (backrest) of the second row seat can be folded down with the help of the lever adjacent to the seat, its in the same position as the lever in front seats to adjust the backrest angle. to further fold the entire seat, a 'pull type' lever sprouts from between the bench seat, pull the lever and the bench folds forward providing a flat loading area.
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes, the seat back (backrest) of the second row seat can be folded down with the help of the lever adjacent to the seat, its in the same position as the lever in front seats to adjust the backrest angle. to further fold the entire seat, a 'pull type' lever sprouts from between the bench seat, pull the lever and the bench folds forward providing a flat loading area.
Thanks. I have been able to fold the back rest on the seat but not able to find any lever to fold the bench forward. Anyway, I ll try today again and seek someones help to find the lever to fully fold the seat. It will be great to find a flat loading area .
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I have been able to fold the back rest on the seat but not able to find any lever to fold the bench forward. Anyway, I ll try today again and seek someones help to find the lever to fully fold the seat. It will be great to find a flat loading area .
the lever can be found from behind. try opening the boot door and look underneath the middle row seat, in the centre. pull it and the seat base folds forward.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the lever can be found from behind.
Not a lever really, it's like a pull string!
Old 29th January 2009, 22:02   #44
BHPian

@ Anup & Raj :thanks a ton. last weekend managed to find it with your help and it was such a relief.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:44   #45
BHPian

This thread can be closed at a sad note. It has been stolen last month and all attempts to trace have proved futile. A visit to the dealer to update the workshop manager to register theft -for their database , revealed that Scorpio VLX is available in 4*4 trim now with many things that I missed in the earlier version - specially, electrically adjustable ORVMs.

Considering to buy it after insurance claim and closure of the existing loan on which I am still paying the EMIs and more importantly if I can be demostrated by dealer that they have definitely improved immobiliser so that now it cannot be stolen without its original keys and remote lock.

Last edited by shatrughna : 11th August 2009 at 16:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks