Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 23:16   #1
BHPian

Aveo 1.4 Base comes Home

Well, finally bought an Aveo 1.4 Base from Chandigarh. Here's the experience:-

Was stuck in Bhubaneshwar due to floods. Finally got the last seat on a Indiago flt and reached Delhi at 11 in the night. Immdt rushed to ISBT and reached C'garh at 7 AM. Had a wash and a change and Reached Dynamic Motors at 11.

I had luckily contacted Manik Nanda of Team BHP who had gratefully agreed to come to the showroom.

While waiting for Manik, I went through the Tam BHP checklist and satisfied myself through the entire 6 pages.

The Salesman though positive and helpful kept insisting to start with the paperwork. I finally relented nd handed over the CSD release order.

That's when Manik walked in; one look at the front Bumper and he declared that the bumper had been repainted. The salesman and the Manager came running to insist that all was fine. The vehicle was hoisted and sure enough there was a bit of masking tape stuck on the bottom.

We went and got a painter who confirmed that a small portion of the Bumper had been repainted, but no other damage was present.
Old 26th June 2008, 07:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new Car. Waiting for the picture.

Seems the Aveo is picking up, atleast within T-BHP.
And if they come with Diesel heart, then for sure it would be moderate hit...

Btw, what was the exlplanation provided for the small paint work? Did the sales tried to compromise with any freebies or anything?
Old 26th June 2008, 07:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post

Btw, what was the exlplanation provided for the small paint work? Did the sales tried to compromise with any freebies or anything?
Congrats on the new Car brother

as for the bumper repainted they were not agreeing that the bumper was painted but i kept on insisting but they never accepted it as the raj had limited time we took the delivery of the vehicle but we were not satisfied

I will never go to this dealer again but hes the only GM dealer in chandigarh

if anybody wants the name of the dealer i will give it

Last edited by manikjeet : 26th June 2008 at 07:38.
Old 26th June 2008, 09:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Congrats on the new Car brother

as for the bumper repainted they were not agreeing that the bumper was painted but i kept on insisting but they never accepted it as the raj had limited time we took the delivery of the vehicle but we were not satisfied

I will never go to this dealer again but hes the only GM dealer in chandigarh

if anybody wants the name of the dealer i will give it
This is one of the first & foremost issue the GM have to look into. Since they are the ONLY one around, these dealers act as a monopoly. Never understand that the sale is continuous and they will be getting new customers if they satisfy the current customers.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:23   #5
BHPian

congrats on your latest acquisition!!! pics please.
Old 26th June 2008, 11:27   #6
TOR
BHPian

Could you explain why you accepted the car, was it already registered in your name. Dealership maybe a monopoly buy you could rejected the car and waited for a new one.

Could you post some pictures
Old 26th June 2008, 14:35   #7
BHPian

Congrats,
Aveo is a nice VFM car in that segment. Great looker too
Old 26th June 2008, 16:02   #8
BHPian

hey raj,

congrats on the new drive dude, urgently need answered though - how much was the aveo base out of the csd in chandigarh. we're tossing between the 1.4 limited edition and the fiesta to be bought out of the csd in chd or ludhiana.

also, how long did the csd release order take and how cumbersome was the loan paperwork etc (if you did take a loan?!?) for a csd car.

we're in exactly the same boat so, all help extended would be much appreciated!

cheers,
Old 26th June 2008, 16:18   #9
BHPian

Hey Raj,

Congrats on your new car coming to home base. Please post pics and were you able to get an explanation from the dealer for the cause for re-painting.

Regards,
sajan
Old 26th June 2008, 18:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Could you explain why you accepted the car, was it already registered in your name. Dealership maybe a monopoly buy you could rejected the car and waited for a new one.
he had a very tight schedule and he had to report back on Saturday and dealer said we would have to wait 4 days more to get another car

so he had to accept delivery and we had the car checked and the painter said only bumper has been painted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
how much was the aveo base out of the csd in chandigarh. we're tossing between the 1.4 limited edition and the fiesta to be bought out of the csd in chd or ludhiana.
as far as i know it costed him 5.26 lacs for the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey Raj,
were you able to get an explanation from the dealer for the cause for re-painting.
the dealer still isn't ready to accept the car has been painted
Old 26th June 2008, 18:35   #11
BHPian

As far as I know, when we push a dealer for a particular date for delivery also if he comes to know of our urgency they try to palm off a defective/old vehicle. The same was tried on me yesterday when i took delivery of my Hyundai i10.
Old 26th June 2008, 21:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
As far as I know, when we push a dealer for a particular date for delivery also if he comes to know of our urgency they try to palm off a defective/old vehicle. The same was tried on me yesterday when i took delivery of my Hyundai i10.
Bad show on part of the dealers - Hyundai and GM
Old 27th June 2008, 08:32   #13
BHPian

Congrats for your new car. It is really a VFM car. I am sure you will enjoy this car.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj'sGlory View Post
Well, finally bought an Aveo 1.4 Base from Chandigarh. Here's the experience:-

Was stuck in Bhubaneshwar due to floods. Finally got the last seat on a Indiago flt and reached Delhi at 11 in the night. Immdt rushed to ISBT and reached C'garh at 7 AM. Had a wash and a change and Reached Dynamic Motors at 11.

I had luckily contacted Manik Nanda of Team BHP who had gratefully agreed to come to the showroom.

While waiting for Manik, I went through the Tam BHP checklist and satisfied myself through the entire 6 pages.

The Salesman though positive and helpful kept insisting to start with the paperwork. I finally relented nd handed over the CSD release order.

That's when Manik walked in; one look at the front Bumper and he declared that the bumper had been repainted. The salesman and the Manager came running to insist that all was fine. The vehicle was hoisted and sure enough there was a bit of masking tape stuck on the bottom.

We went and got a painter who confirmed that a small portion of the Bumper had been repainted, but no other damage was present.
Congrats!
Did you still take the car ?
Any explanation about the repainting ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Bad experience. Were you offered another piece ?

Quote:

so he had to accept delivery and we had the car checked and the painter said only bumper has been painted
But then why a car would need repainting ?

Quote:

the dealer still isn't ready to accept the car has been painted
So he is hiding away from giving explanation to the cause that brought the bumper to the state that it required repainting.
Old 27th June 2008, 10:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Raj on your new ride and certainly the paint work might be due to the result of loading and unloading of the vehicle. Congrats once again and have an enjoyable ride. Do update with pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks