Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 16:13   #16
BHPian

Took Delivery of my Innova G1 Diesel, Champagne Mica color

After booking the vehicle, i was worried if the bank will complete its internal formalities on time to disburse the loan. The dealer had informed me that the discounts offered were valid for delivery on or before 30th June 2008.

I went to the bank on saturday, 28th June 2008 morning and the Manager asked his people to go ahead with the documentation (even though the sanction had not come from the Circle Office). But to my great relief got confirmation in the evening that the sanction letter had arrived. They asked me to come on Sunday morning to collect the DD. Went to the bank on Sunday morning at 10.30 am and was out with the DD and covering letter by 12.00 noon.

Visited Ravindu Toyota at 10.00am monday morning and gave the DD to the sales executive. The finance guy wanted to call the branch manager to confirm regarding the DD. The bank is closed on Monday, but luckily i had the cell phone number of the branch manager. The finance guy spoke the manager and got the confirmation. Even though the prices outside were a little cheaper, got the accessories fitted in the showroom itself. Got sun control film, rear sensors, stripes on the side and music system installed. I had informed them earlier that i would like to inspect the vehicle prior to registration. But to my surprise, i met one of my previous colleague who works there. We were meeting after many years and had lost touch in between. He took personal responsibility and informed me not to worry on anything.

Left the dealer and went to my office. Left my office at 3.00pm, went home and took a bus to Ravindu Toyota at 4.00pm. Reached the dealership at 5.00pm. The vehicle arrived there at 5.30pm. As my friend had promised, everything was right. The odometer showed 8km run so far. No blemish anywhere inside or outside. One person explained to me the features of the vehicle and all the operations. Among all features, I feel bringing the step in tyre down takes some practice. The dealer took photograph of me with the vehicle, completed the documentation process, got the keys, information booklet, warranty card etc...... The time was 6.30pm but the registration number had not arrived yet. They informed me that it will come after 7pm and if i was in a hurry they can fix it the next day. I told them i will not leave without the registration number fixed. Sharp at 7pm, the number plate was fixed and i was read to go. Started the vehicle and took an hour to reach my home. Wife & kids were ready to hop in and go the nearest Ganesha temple for pooja. The contrast from my previous Maruti Omni and Innova is too much. Kids were jumping in joy inside the vehicle and it was hard to pacify them to sit quiet. After Pooja went home and it was almost 9pm. Took photographs today morning and they are posted here.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-010.jpg  

Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-012.jpg  

Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-013.jpg  

Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-014.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2008, 21:31   #17
BHPian

congrats prabhu sir. choice of colour is good. whats the on road price and which model you opted for?? did they give any accessories for free??
Old 3rd July 2008, 08:44   #18
BHPian

The price break up is as below

G1 Model (Diesel): Champagne Mica Color
Ex-show room price: Rs.868,000
Insurance: Rs.26,159
Road tax: Rs.110,529
Total: Rs.10,04,688
Price Less discount: Rs.9,57,918

Free accessories: Floor mat, wheel caps, mud guard (rubber flaps for 4 wheels), perfume & Ganesha Idol.
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:08   #19
BHPian

Great. Enjoy driving. Have they offered any extended warranties?? Whats the normal warranty period??
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:37   #20
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
The price break up is as below

Road tax: Rs.110,529
my my the tax comes upto a NANO! nice buy and good color. So what head unit did you go for sony? or other? and what was the brand of sunfilm and reverse parking sensors. I guess there are xenos sensors available in the same color as your car maybe you could have gone for that.
Out of curiosity, how much fuel was there in the car? also do post some pics of the interiors.
congrats and drive safe
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:54   #21
BHPian

The standard warranty is for 3 years or 100,000 kms whichever is earlier. I did not ask for extended warranty nor did they inform me about its availability. Can anyone throw some light on whether this extended warranty scheme is useful
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase !! happy motoring.

Abhi
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:34   #23
BHPian

Congrats Parbu,
nice and correct buy...
enjoy your ride.. ride safe
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:54   #24
BHPian

congrats on your purchase,enjoy your ride
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

congrats. i'm slightly envious. but its ok.
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:03   #26
BHPian

prabhu, just check whether they have any such offers. Also it depends on how long you plan to keep the vehicle. If its more than 3 years then extended warranties will help.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:57   #27
BHPian

Hegde,
OK, i will check with Ravindu on extended warranty since i am planning to keep this vehicle for more than 3 years.

Meanwhile i request Team BHP members who have availed extended warranty on the Innova to throw some light on the cost
Old 4th July 2008, 13:13   #28
BHPian

Hello prabhu, yes check it out . Since you are keeping it for a long time, Its good to opt for extended warranties . Any exterior mods planned??? Alloys??? whats the normal tyre size in Innova??? have you got the stock tyres or changed it??
Old 4th July 2008, 13:29   #29

Congrads, Great choice. I dont think you need an extended warranty since the Toyota Warranty is one of the best in the industry. Enjoy your drive...
Old 4th July 2008, 14:44   #30
BHPian

Initial Ownership report-Toyota Innova

Thanks to Team BHP members for their comments, feedback & suggestions for my post since booking the Innova. The driving experience since Monday (after taking delivery) has been fantastic and makes me sometime think why did i not buy this earlier. Anyway...as elders say, there comes a time for everything.

The riding comfort is extremely good and the driver gets a very good view in the front . Leg space is good and very comfortable and I have not pushed the seat to the max as yet. (I am 6'2" tall). The engine is very responsive for a diesel and there are no regrets for having purchased one. The instrument cluster is good and position of each is well done. The ODO is digital and good for viewing. If only Toyota had put in a climate control for the airconditioning. Now, you have to keep adjusting the knobs to get the temperature you want. Glove compartment is adequate, but wish they had put in some more space. The gears are very smooth and in the bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore, you can change very easily. Also, the suspension is good and absorbs shocks on potholed roads well.

I have not sat in the rear seats yet, but my children have given full thumbs up for the Innova. They are enjoying the ride on the rear seats and i will be a rear seat passenger one of these days to try it out.

Answers to the queries team members have asked

Sunfilm: 3M
Quantity of fuel when the vehicle was delivered: 10 litres
Exterior mods: Stripe stickers on the side. No other planned
No plan for alloys right now. Running with the stock tyres
The normal tyre size for the Innova - 205/65R15
Music system: SONY (stock speakers of the Innova)

I am posting a few pictures of the interiors
Attached Thumbnails
Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-inside1.jpg  

Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-inside2.jpg  

Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-inside3.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks