Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 08:15   #31
TOR
BHPian

Interiors looks stunning and the top of the dash in grey is thoughtful of Toyota as unlike the Logan there is not much dashboard reflection on the windscreen.
The black gear stick boot seems to be an eye sore in the beige interiors, also a good steering wheel cover will complete the look IMHO
Old 5th July 2008, 12:23   #32
BHPian

Prabhuji, Interiors are superb. Beige looks great. Well, yes there definitely comes a time for everything. happy to know you are enjoying your ride. Wish I could afford one.
Old 6th July 2008, 02:00   #33
BHPian

Hi Parbhu - Congrats on your purchase. I travelled in a Diesel Innova for about 1000 KMs just last week. The vehicle has some unique features that i would like to mention. Unlike a typical Diesel vehicle it picks up effortlessly from low RPMs, turbo lag is non existent. Vehicle can be driven at quite low speeds on 3rd and 2nd gear without many gear shifts - which is a great boon for city driving, even on the 5th gear you can comfortably rev up from speeds as low as 40kmph. The vehicle is super comfortable on the highway - lots of space everywhere, comfortable seats and great ride and handling at all speeds. AC vents on all 3 rows add to the comfort of passengers.

On the downside however the ORVMs have no scope for being adjusted without rolling down your window and manually adjusting the mirror with your own hands (not sure if higher end models provide internal adjusters). Also if the vehicle is packed with 7/8 passengers then there is little space left for luggage. Last but not the least, its a 'big vehicle' so driving it through the twists of city traffic is always going to be challenging and will require some matured driving.

On the whole a very wise purchase in the 9-12 lakhs bracket. Enjoy your Innova and keep on writing with your driving experiences.
Old 6th July 2008, 09:59   #34
BHPian

Also observed that the middle and 3rd rows have just 2 head restraints, it is quite uncomfortable if a third person is seated on either of these rows. There was no ABS / Airbags in the model i drove, but guess the top end model has these features.
Old 6th July 2008, 10:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Prabhusati. That is a good looking Innova. A nice set of alloys would enhance the whole package though.
Road Tax Rs. 110,xxx!!! For how many years?
Old 6th July 2008, 11:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Prabhu, its awasome vehicle in every sorts of roads. Make sure you drive carefully always and give time to engine to get ready for cruising.

Onething I liked about Innova is for its dimensions excellant ride and driving comfort although I hardly driven 100km out of 20,000 km I travelled.

Petrol is much smooth and quick very very queit as well. Diesel comes close as well very good choice.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th July 2008, 08:06   #37
BHPian

@ Ravi: Do you own a petrol Innova????
Old 14th July 2008, 11:52   #38
BHPian

Checked the fuel efficiency yesterday

Hi Team,

After taking delivery of my Toyota Innova, driving has been a real pleasure. The riding comfort is extremely good and the vehicle is not difficult to drive even in bumper to bumper traffic. The biggest problem i have faced in dense traffic is the auto & 2 wheelers who try to squeeze into any space available. I always give a little extra space between myself and the vehicle in the front and i find the above mentioned vehicles trying to squeeze in.

I had filled my tank when the ODO was reading 73kms and yesterday when the fuel indicator was neary showing half, i got it filled up yesterday (ODO was showing 396kms. It took in 24.33 ltrs giving a FE of 13.2 km/ltr. So far i have not driven the vehicle above 80kms (also not taking the engine above 2000 rpm) and i am light footed.

It would be nice if other Toyota Innova users can share their FE.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi prabhusati,

> It would be nice if other Toyota Innova users can share their FE.

I had an Innova V Diesel between 26/06/2005 and 11/08/2007. It had run 26211kms in that time giving me an overall mileage of 12.21kpl with AC on all time.

The best mileage was 14.3 and the worst 9.5kpl. In March/April 2007 for a journey of approx 1250kms it gave an average of 11.75kpl with AC and with 4 people and their luggage.

I think mine gave less mileage compared to others from what I read here. But it was mostly in town and intra town runs here.
Old 14th August 2008, 17:12   #40
BHPian

Completed 1000km and 1st service

Booked my vehicle for 1st service at 1000kms last friday (8th Aug 08) at Ravindu Toyota. The booking was done over telephone on 6th Aug 08. I booked for 9.30am. I get a call at 7.30am from Ravindu Toyota and they wanted to remind me about the service booking. I was there at 9.30am sharp. But the service counters were crowded and they were able to take my vehicle at 10am. After inspection, the service supervisor informed me that i can collect the vehicle at 1pm. When i booked the vehicle the lady on the phone mentioned if i give the vehicle at 9.30am, i can collect it at 11.30am. I told them i cannot wait and came to my office.

No calls from the dealership till 3.30pm, so i give them a call. They inform me that the vehicle is ready and i tell them that i will be there by 5pm. Due to the traffic on the ring road, i reach the dealership at 5.30pm. It again took half an hour for them to give attention to me. I am then informed that it will take another 10 minutes for the vehicle to arrive. I tell them that i was confirmed at 3.30pm that the vehicle is ready. The supervisor tells me that since vehicles are parked outside, they get dirty so they will clean the exteriors and bring for delivery.

It was beginning to get dark when the vehicle is delivered to me, signed the paperwork, collected the gatepass and drove home. I notice next day morning that the beige interiors on the driver side has black finger marks on the side trims, on the beige colored foot board and on the glove box. Took Colin liquid and a piece of white cloth and spent 30 minutes to remove them. Waiting to go back to the dealership and give them a piece of my mind for making the interiors dirty.

I am enjoying every moment of the 1000kms driven on my Toyota Innova so far. The ride is very smooth and I have no regrets in having purchased this vehicle. Wife and kids who were apprehensive (because of the size) when i proposed to buy this car are now enjoying the ride quality and are loving this vehicle.

When driving in the city I have got a FE of 13 to 13.5 kms per litre. During a trip to Tumkur, it gave a FE of 14.3 per litre. AC is on all the time. Using ordinary Diesel from HP so far.
Old 14th August 2008, 17:31   #41
BHPian

Congrats Prabhu,nice write up.
Wanted to ask you,are those original seats or you have put seatcovers.If yes,they are pretty neat.Any details will be appreciated
Old 14th August 2008, 17:40   #42
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Team,

I am planning for the following accessories

Autocop - Rs.5000 (basic model - auto locking & alarm if someone tries to forcibly open doors)

Request team BHP members to give their valuable suggestion on the price of accessories.

I feel the Autocop price is too high, higher than the MRP. If i am not mistaken, the MRP is 4250.00 or nearby for the base model.

I got the Autocop base model for 3500.00 from a shop on Mission road (including installation)
Old 14th August 2008, 19:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up prabhu. Yes, it is the same problem with all the dealers. They tell one time and after we go in there, they will make us wait for a minimum of half an hour. Even MSIL dealers does this. This is least expected of a no.1 car manufacturer in the world.
Old 14th August 2008, 20:48   #44
BHPian

hi Prabhu, even I have the same issue as yours that I am offered car through company lease, but due to RTO rules, i cannot register an 8 seater. And I heard that this applies to vehicles with engine capacity greater than 2500 CC. Strange rules.
Old 14th August 2008, 23:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Congrats Prabhu,nice write up.
Wanted to ask you,are those original seats or you have put seatcovers.If yes,they are pretty neat.Any details will be appreciated
The seats are original. I have'nt put seatcovers yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks