Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 14:35   #76
BHPian

Service at 0630hrs!!! Never knew of any authorised service center's that started their operations this early.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:52   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Service at 0630hrs!!! Never knew of any authorised service center's that started their operations this early.
Yes, Ravindu Toyota service opens at 0630hrs on Monday - Saturday. On Sundays, it opens at 0900hrs.
Old 24th June 2009, 19:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Considering the quantity of Diesel that i have filled and the kms that it has run, i have a FE of 13.80kms/litre (i run with a/c always on).
That is an excellent mileage. The following is my Innova V statistics:

(Innova V Diesel, Jun 05-Aug 07 26211 kms, 8.15L, 12.21 kpl, 34km/day)

Again it was with AC always.
Old 15th June 2010, 23:20   #79
BHPian

20,000 km update

My Innova has clocked 20,000 kms and it was time for servicing. Gave it for servicing yesterday, 14th June 2010. Had to book with Ravindu Toyota 5 days in advance over phone. No major complaints, but had a few niggling noices at low speed to resolve.

Oil & filter was changed and the vehicle was ready when i went to collect it in the evening. the service advisor confirmed that the problems mentioned have been taken care which i noticed was actually taken care of during the drive back home.

Overall, it has been a fantastic 2 years (almost... it will be 2 years of owning my Innova on 30th June). Every time i sit on the driver's seat to drive, the pleasure and driving comfort is something that i cannot put in words.

Long drives of 8 to 9 hours also does not drain the occupants. The seating comfort is excellent. The only complaint i have is that one has to work through gear changes to gain acceleration during overtaking. You cannot expect the engine to respond to you when you need sudden acceleration for overtaking (when one is on 5th gear).

Also, the G1 has a/c only in the front and this leaves the third row passengers fuming and sweating during summer. I got an a/c unit fitted in April 2010 between the front and the second row seats. This cost me Rs.17,000. With this i have no complaints from the third row passengers. The complaint i hear now is to switch it off / reduce the a/c after an hour or so. I also upgraded the head lights to 90/100 watt with relay and change in wiring at Ravindu Toyota. It cost me Rs.1,200 and boy..it is money worth spent. The visibility during night driving has vastly improved and oncoming vehicles do respond by changing to low beam on highways.
Old 18th June 2010, 12:25   #80
BHPian

Here are a few pictures of the A/C fitted between the front and the second row seat. Fitting done through We Cool on Markham Road (behind Garuda Mall). Cost me Rs.17,000 all inclusive.

View when you enter through back door

Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-img_1300a.jpg

View from the third row seat

Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-img_1301a.jpg

View of the controls at the bottom of the a/c unit

Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)-img_1302a.jpg
Old 18th June 2010, 12:54   #81
BHPian

@prabhusati that's a neat install. can you give the full address and contact no. of the installer. Also can i know how much time it took to get fixed. if possible what was the process in brief.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:18   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
@prabhusati that's a neat install. can you give the full address and contact no. of the installer. Also can i know how much time it took to get fixed. if possible what was the process in brief.
The contact details are as below
Wecool
38/2, Markham Road, Markham Road, Bangalore - 560025
080 - 25364270

I gave the car for fitting the a/c at 9.00am and collected the car at 6pm. They have fitted additional cooling coil for this unit. The a/c takes in the cabin air and cools it. With the stock a/c and this additional unit, both switched on, the car cools extremely fast. We had a full test of this unit during our visit to Mangalore in May 2010. Peak summer, everybody sweating and fuming, but once inside the car, the cabin was cool quickly with both units switched on.
prabhusati is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2010, 14:54   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Wecool
080 - 25364270

I gave the car for fitting the a/c at 9.00am and collected the car at 6pm. They have fitted additional cooling coil for this unit. The a/c takes in the cabin air and cools it. With the stock a/c and this additional unit, both switched on, the car cools extremely fast. We had a full test of this unit during our visit to Mangalore in May 2010. Peak summer, everybody sweating and fuming, but once inside the car, the cabin was cool quickly with both units switched on.

Hey thanks for the details, really appreciate it.
one more question. is this the standard type or we can choose from a range? and was there any difference in pickup and FE after the installation.
Old 18th June 2010, 17:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
Hey thanks for the details, really appreciate it.
one more question. is this the standard type or we can choose from a range? and was there any difference in pickup and FE after the installation.
There is one standard type which suits Innova / Qualis & Scorpio. I did not see any significant difference in both pickup and FE after installation.
Old 27th August 2012, 13:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Re: Booked my Toyota Innova G1 today (EDIT: Taken delivery now, Pics on page 2)

Quote:
Wecool
080 - 25364270

Hi, how is the aircon working now? any problems faced so far?

How is this middle row AC driven, is it from the same compressor with additional ducting, or is there another compressor ?

This looks like the Qualis as a protruding unit, is it not possible to conceal the blower unit and show only the air vent, like the V model.

Last edited by beejay : 27th August 2012 at 13:51.
Old 9th September 2012, 20:52   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Hi, how is the aircon working now? any problems faced so far?

How is this middle row AC driven, is it from the same compressor with additional ducting, or is there another compressor ?

This looks like the Qualis as a protruding unit, is it not possible to conceal the blower unit and show only the air vent, like the V model.
The aircon is working great. No problems so far. The middle row AC is an independent unit. This is a real value for money and is a great asset when driving during the day time.
To install the ac unit similar to the V model is very expensive. Nandi Toyota quoted me Rs.85k for this and is not worth it.
Old 11th September 2012, 14:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The aircon is working great. No problems so far. The middle row AC is an independent unit. This is a real value for money and is a great asset when driving during the day time.
To install the ac unit similar to the V model is very expensive. Nandi Toyota quoted me Rs.85k for this and is not worth it.
Thank you very much for your response. Now I am conifdent to fit the same since you have used it for a long time.

I paid WeCool a visit and also saw the unit at CoolAid. I will do it at the end of this month.

Thank you very much again.

Most Viewed