Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 12:19   #46
BHPian

Hey HillRam,
Congrats on the new car. So you got the aussie-yellow from Lathangi. Well dear fellow, I too had checked up the same car ( I guess what I checked out to be the same as yours ). So mate, I sat on the car before you ( but i took great car not to leave even a speck of dust behind )

Hope you are enjoying every bit of it as I do with mine. Why dont you post some pics and open up a new thread too?. These days there seems to be definitely a Cedia-surge, or am I seeing more cedia's in BLR roads because I own one?..., I am not sure .

Cheers!.
Old 16th July 2008, 12:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
My Cedia Acquisition report:
I went ahead and paid an advance of Rs.10000 and booked an Aussie Yellow.The car was the last one in that colour and Lathangi (blore) which was closing down had this in stock.
But the car is awesome and Im one of the last CEDIZAN to possess the Aussie yellow sports version...
Hillram, congrats! I know the car you are referring to. I nearly booked this last one myself at Lathangi, Blr - before a combination of factors stopped me. As a result, I am still searching for a car..
Waiting to hear from you on the ownership experience.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:49   #48
BHPian

HillRam,
Did you have to pay the 15/20K tax which the govt recently introduce?.
Old 16th July 2008, 22:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
It was almost an year back that i decided to buy a Cedia Sports Aussie yellow and was waiting for July 08 to come by,where my exisitng car lease would end and i would be able to go for the new beauty.

But the car is awesome and Im one of the last CEDIZAN to possess the Aussie yellow sports version...
Congrats hillram - wait to see some pics
Old 17th July 2008, 16:18   #50
VMG
BHPian

Is Cedia sports version is available now? I heard this model is stopped...
Old 21st July 2008, 19:57   #51

Congrats, lover of yer red queen, nice post. I'm on the verge of turning Cedian. Since you seem the most recent guy to be bitten by the bug. A few answers
1. What's the OTR price on the Select.
2. How much is it possible to knock down the tag at Southern Motors?
Thanks,
Kenitics
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:28   #52
BHPian

Hi Kenetics,
Yippee, the red beauty hasnt failed to amaze me.
Its OTR for me 9.5 ( I bought it prior to 15K fiasco introduced through some taxes ).
I got it at a time when Lathangi was just closing by, so I was getting good quotes from both the folks.
One more tip which I unknowingly did is to have the test drive, ask for the best prize they can give ( at this point i only got 15 K ). Then wait for a couple of weeks ( which in my case, what due to other Test-Drives I did ). Then the Sales-Rep himself called me back with a modified and better quote with discount of 30K. I hope you got the gist of what I wanted to tell. Dont be over-enthusiastic before the rep.

A short update on a recent last weekend trip to Nandi-Hills ( 70 kms from BLR ). I started from home ( Sarjapur Road,BLR) around 5:30 and reached there at 6:45. We just wanted for a long drive and lo and behold, climbing the hair pin bends was pure unadulterated fun...and keeping the lane while making the U-turn more fun. But having to honk ( since the horn is in somewhere in middle ), is lil tough.
Then around 8 PM we started down. On the way down we just coasted down in 3rd gear. And just coasting down with little or no noise, with windows open is just an awesome feeling. Me, my better-half and my tiger (the car), Just Awesome!.
Old 22nd July 2008, 13:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hi Santosh, glad to hear another happy customer of the Cedia...
Yeah, I guess Mitsubishi has done it purposely to reduce the HONKING menace in India, it must be enforced as a Law for every car to have the horn just a few inches wide and in the middle of the steering wheel.!

A warning: Beware of the better-half.. they start disliking the Cedias very soon.. due to the way we Cedizens are singing 'Cediapuraan' everytime we get a chance.. They feel Cedia is gonna become your better half.!
It happened to me...
Old 22nd July 2008, 14:21   #54
BHPian

Friends , CountryMen , Cedizens,
I need a some advice here. Having clocked around 500 , I am planning for a long drive to Coimbatore ( TN ) August Mid. The route is around 300 kms.

I might avoid the usual BLR->Hosur->Salem->CBE route and do it through BLR-> Kanakpura->Malavalli->ChamrajNagar->SathyaMangalam-> Avanashi->CBE.

Why am I doing it?.. Just for the fun-factor.
Do you think it would be a good idea on a fresh vehicle ( or otherwise ). Please advice

-Thanks
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:01   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Friends , CountryMen , Cedizens,
I need a some advice here. Having clocked around 500 , I am planning for a long drive to Coimbatore ( TN ) August Mid. The route is around 300 kms.

I might avoid the usual BLR->Hosur->Salem->CBE route and do it through BLR-> Kanakpura->Malavalli->ChamrajNagar->SathyaMangalam-> Avanashi->CBE.

Why am I doing it?.. Just for the fun-factor.
Do you think it would be a good idea on a fresh vehicle ( or otherwise ). Please advice

-Thanks
Avoid the ghat routes until your run-in period! Also believe the Kanakapura road would be pathetic. You can alternatively choose the BLR>Hosur>Rayakottai>Mettur>Sathyamangalam>CBE route, search for CSenthil's post under Street and Travel Experiences, I tried my Swift this road in May and found it better, scenic and less traffic, the road has a lot of twists and turns and so you would enjoy throwing the Cedia around (i throughly enjoyed this in my Swift too...) cheers: but this road is better covered in day light, at an average cruising speed, just ensure you have a spare tyre and the right amount of fuel.
Old 1st August 2008, 20:02   #56
BHPian

RE: cedia sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Is Cedia sports version is available now? I heard this model is stopped...

i just checked the mitsu website, the sports trim is still listed there...oh its listed in the color options but not under the price tab
Old 1st August 2008, 22:06   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
i just checked the mitsu website, the sports trim is still listed there...oh its listed in the color options but not under the price tab
What I heard was that new sports model with some styling changes will be available in September – with a new (read higher) price. Right now the manufacturing lines are being overhauled for Outlander.

Note from TBHP support: since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st August 2008 at 22:40. Reason: Font tags
Old 4th August 2008, 12:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
What I heard was that new sports model with some styling changes will be available in September – with a new (read higher) price....
Man they should put invecs gear box and 205 width tyres as standard in Cedia sports. little tweaks to the engine will also help cheers:
but when I checked with Pune dealer, he said expect only cosmetic changes :-(
Old 7th August 2008, 13:25   #59

Hey Jyodi,
You just spoke my words. It will be great to have a tiptronic gear box in cedia. Actually its quite surprising how HM could launch the car without tiptronic as an option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks