Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 01:35   #16
BHPian

Innova is a great car without doubt, I see lot of positives dicussed and mentioned by fellow owners.
I have a 2005/G3, with 38K on the clock
my say - in this price bracket, nothing comes close, however..having said that..everytime when I am in the car
~I regret not buying model 'V'
~I early wish this car had Automatic Transmission as you get in other countries
~Clear head lamps as you get in other countries
~Many a times in loose soil or gravel, the real wheel spins while setting the car in motion without even applying any torque, Asking for traction control might be going overboard, but the nees is there, or any other way to couter the problem
~Climate control instead of knobs..it is very difficult to get the rite temp in the car
~some other sensors integrated in the audio system display such as 'fuel range(km)', 'air pressure in tyres', these thngs I have experienced as standar in even some basic vehicles in the US and I dont think it is all that a big eal, and toyota anyway has all these technology inhouse'
all said and done..Innova is loved by my family and is our 2nd family house, the dealer here in Pune is pretty good and reliable (offcourse, I monitor the work during service), the service cost is also not beyond reason.
parking is a pain to a little extent but I can live with it..
as of now..I am still living with the OE audion system but I am scanning for 2din 7inch touch display system with GPS for a reasonable cost, cheapest option is of chinese make for around 220$ which is well worth the gamble, trying to figure out how to get one over here
Thanks, guys..I think it was a pretty long post
Anupam
|Innova G3@Pune|
Old 1st July 2008, 10:34   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Congrats on you new buy. Innova suits your requirements (as per your narration). Post some pics. AFAIK, people who have bought Innova are always happy customers as it fits mostly to the requirement. Dp post some pics.
Here are a couple of pics. Black beauty and beige! Awesome! cheers:
Attached Thumbnails
The Innova-ting Experience-img_0455.jpg  

The Innova-ting Experience-img_0456.jpg  

Old 1st July 2008, 10:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

nice review greyhound. it really is a great car. and if you ever do feel a lack of power do read my review.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride "greyhound" and certainly black looks good on it. The narration of your buying experience is damn good too, have a safe and enjoyable ride and am sure you will end up hitting out more threads on travelogues with your ride.
Old 1st July 2008, 12:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. Black really looks cool. Do keep the forum updated on your experience about the vehicle. It will help others...
Old 1st July 2008, 12:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great choice Greyhound. Toyota is really doing a fantastic job in delighting customers.

Am just amazed with one point in your evaluation methodology.
You rejected the Verna due to space constraints, yet evaluated the I10? Whatever made you believe that the I10 would suffice on the space front where the Verna failed?

Anyways, great choice eventually, Wish you a great driving experience and many years of safe driving.

Pics are awesome. She really is a black beauty.
Old 1st July 2008, 12:32   #22
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the innova!

How much was the OTR for the V?
Old 4th July 2008, 10:44   #23

On road price came to 12.6 Lacs. They gave free accessories worth 23K. But all those are at Toyota prices. So though you are assured of a genuine accessory, it's more expensive than it's market collaterals.
Old 4th July 2008, 10:48   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Great choice Greyhound. Toyota is really doing a fantastic job in delighting customers.

Am just amazed with one point in your evaluation methodology.
You rejected the Verna due to space constraints, yet evaluated the I10? Whatever made you believe that the I10 would suffice on the space front where the Verna failed?

Anyways, great choice eventually, Wish you a great driving experience and many years of safe driving.

Pics are awesome. She really is a black beauty.
Well, its a great question. It so happened that while I was at the Hyundai showroom, my 4 year old son was loitering around and happened to get inside an i10. To get him out of the car, I had to get in. And lo and behold. It was to my amazement quite spacious and the fact that I could get in, convinced me enough to at least try the new kid on the block.

Anyways, I am planning to buy the i10 for my wife as well. She drives an esteem today but that car is 12 year old now. I'll be making the choice after having a look at the new small cars coming end 2008, early 2009 (particularly from the Honda stables).

Is anyone aware if Toyota's coming up with a small car in the near future?
Old 4th July 2008, 12:43   #25
BHPian

Hi Greyhound,

Congratulations on your New Toyota Innova.

Even I purchased the G1 model, Champagne Mica color on 30th June 2008. The vehicle feels great to drive, and i just dont feel getting out of the vehicle.

The dealership experience was very good and at all points of the buying process, they were very helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks