Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 01:19   #16
BHPian

Congrats on your king-size ride, bouncer. If cars were ships, the Indigo XL would be the USS Nimitz!

The car looks great, especially with those alloys. The blue glow on the instrument panel looks cool too!
Old 30th June 2008, 08:09   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Beautiful car Bouncer!

Lovely colour and the XL's longer wheelbase gives it the correct sense of proportion between bonnet, doors and the boot which the normal Indigo lacks.

Nice rims too :-). One thing I find strange is the bolt-holes are not aligned with the spokes. Thus, one of the spokes has a hole right in the middle while the rest are half on the spokes or the metal disc behind. Wonder why that is? Seems to spoil the looks a bit. But overall: stunning!

Do you really need a sunroof? Will you really use it and is it worth altering the factory finish of the car? Take a call on that. Although Webasto is known for quality work, how much is the cost and what are the risks involved if that particular installation is not of a good quality?

Congrats anyway :-)
How is the ground clearance? Does it bottom out on tall speedbreakers (like the Civic is prone to doing) due to the longer wheelbase?
Old 30th June 2008, 16:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase. The glow on the instrument panel looks very good. Do update us on the FE, NVH level and the service expereince after first service.

It would be insteresting to know what made you to go for this car, since you already had a Indigo?
NVH levels are very good. Hard to tell its diesel post second gear. And why I got this car? Space which is not available in any saloon atleast two segmets above. Rear AC and with all the goodies and Dicor, simply value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
How is the ground clearance? Does it bottom out on tall speedbreakers (like the Civic is prone to doing) due to the longer wheelbase?
Ground clearance is not a problem at all and it won't bottom out on speedbrakers or pot holes. Trust me on that as I am driving it on Pune roads and it's mansoon season! The best time and place to test any car on earth!!
Old 30th June 2008, 19:47   #19
BHPian

Congratulations On your new car. Its a great decision that you have taken. Enjoy the back seat luxury in the best car in its class
Old 30th June 2008, 20:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

superb car, it was my only choice in diesel sedan, before I decided to go for petrol
Old 30th June 2008, 21:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
NVH levels are very good. Hard to tell its diesel post second gear.
Man that Dicor 1.4 has to be the most underrated CR around. It can surprise you, especially with unflattering figures on paper.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
6 jbl speakers?? where have you installed them??.
XL comes with provision for 6 speakers. Two on dash, two in front doors (with enclosure/ canopy to save it from water in case it goes in doors) and two in rear parcel tray. Had to alter parcel tray to fit oval ones as the provision was for round.
Old 1st July 2008, 15:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi bouncer,

> Should I get a K&N stock replacement filter?

Please take the time to read the following:

Yahoo! Groups

Hope this helps.

Nice car, nice alloy wheels. Was interested in the same alloys for my City. But Neo don't have dealers around here and I was not that confident of delivery from far.

If I had not gone in for an automatic, XL was my second choice.

Last edited by trrk : 1st July 2008 at 15:04.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:42   #24
BHPian

Thanks trrk. That was very helpful link about K&N.
----
Here are pics of the Engine compartment and boot space. I have added this button on dash to cut off reverse horn which is not needed on most of the occassions and can be very annoying.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo XL Classic Dicor - 20,000 KMs & 3rd Service Update-engine.jpg  

Tata Indigo XL Classic Dicor - 20,000 KMs & 3rd Service Update-boot.jpg  

Tata Indigo XL Classic Dicor - 20,000 KMs & 3rd Service Update-button.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2008, 23:49   #25
BHPian

Congratulations bouncer! It's a great car. Really amazing amount of space inside. I really appreciate your choice of alloy. What make is it?
Old 3rd July 2008, 13:43   #26
BHPian

Congrats bouncer, it is a very nice car.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

The ownership review at last of the only XL at Tbhp. Congrats

Miss the rear quarter view pic, the fridge pic
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:47   #28
BHPian

The the tubeless tyres (Michelin Pilot Preceda II 185/60 R14) are inflated with Nitrogen instead of air. Changed OE headlights to Phillips Rally H1 100W (high beam) and H7 80W(low beam).
Old 4th July 2008, 13:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bouncer,

> Thanks trrk. That was very helpful link about K&N.

No sweat! I hope it was of use!

> I have added this button on dash to cut off reverse horn which is not needed > on most of the occassions and can be very annoying.

Very good! I appreciate what you have done. My neighbours Innova has a reverse horn and it is on even in the middle of night.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Here are pics of the Engine compartment and boot space. I have added this button on dash to cut off reverse horn which is not needed on most of the occassions and can be very annoying.
That is very very nice of you. Hope, more people will lean from you. It is an absolute nuisance especially when you have someone reversing down in parking lot of apartment at 2:00 am in night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks