Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 16:23   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Glass, many congratulations on your childhood love acquisition, looks good, please post more picture swith rear seat space, more of interiors and alloys too.
Thanks, congratulations don't hurt even today
Old 17th July 2009, 00:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
but now after company slashing them and getting down the spares prices as well is this a good buy for 7 + L cause heart says Ff and mind says i20.
@ Vijay look at this thread. You can get an easy comparison
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...its-prime.html
Old 17th July 2009, 13:45   #63
BHPian

It must around a year that you must have got the Fusion. Have you put up a year-end review ? I am looking forward to reading the performance and overall experience of the Fusion, (there are not many ownership reviews on Fusion diesel).
Old 17th July 2009, 14:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the link Arin.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:56   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
It must around a year that you must have got the Fusion. Have you put up a year-end review ? I am looking forward to reading the performance and overall experience of the Fusion, (there are not many ownership reviews on Fusion diesel).
* COMING SOON *
The 17 kilo review!
Old 18th July 2009, 13:25   #66
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Somehow missed this thred. FF is a fantastic car and I have a TDCi in white (not +), done around 20kms (2yrs old) and still feels and drives like day one. What blows me away about this car is how well put together everything is! Rock solid and a pleasure to drive in the city and highway. Here's the link to my car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...e-1200kms.html

Congrats and waiting for the 17k update
Old 18th July 2009, 15:54   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Here's the link to my car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...e-1200kms.html

Congrats and waiting for the 17k update
Thanks NIP.

I went through your thread before I bought mine an year+ back. My posts on in your page 7 too
Old 16th October 2009, 21:28   #68
BHPian

Fusion is one of the best looking hatch we have here. It has the SUV-ish feel combined with the advantages of a hatch. The high seating position, planted drive, lot of space, higher floor height etc,. are unique to it. I feel it was introduced too early into Indian market when there was a much smaller market for that kind of premium hatch. Good product doing down the drain.
Old 17th October 2009, 00:14   #69
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Fusion - Simply Amazes me

Hi,

One of my drives is a Fusion 1.4 TDCi. I bought it in Sept 2007 has clocked 66K kms till date.

I could not make a detailed ownership thread on the Fusion, but I would like share few points about my experience.

The car is simply amazing and the experience so far...
Excellent build quality - With all the abuse it is subjected to, the car is still in one piece.

Great drivability and excellent seating comfort. The driving position is upright and is very comfortable for long drives.

Amazing mile munching capabilities - Can "cruze" all day without feeling strained.

High ground clearance - Simply gives the car a "go anywhere" character and this was one of the reasons I chose Fusion over the Fiesta two years back.

Good Mileage - Since it comes with the same Fiesta engine, the car does not burn a hole in the pocket. The mileage has been consistent until the last few thousand kms, where the fluctuations have been high.

Irritants...
The interiors are moderate and the squeaking noise is a common complaint, which (according to Ford) cannot be rectified

Road noise is pretty loud and even with a decent ICE, it is very audible

The beige strip on the top of the dash board hinders visibility when driving on sunny afternoons

Underpowered!

Last but not least, a.s.s of Ford in Chennai is pathetic

Fusion has been my everyday drive and I have done Chennai-Trichy-Chennai the same day many times. The car has (touch wood) never let me down anytime.

Fusion has been the most comfortable vehicle I have owned.I am sure that I would buy another Fusion once this one crosses 150K kms.
Old 17th October 2009, 08:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I am sure that I would buy another Fusion once this one crosses 150K kms.

That is the exact same dilemma most Fusioners come across. It is so hard to upgrade! You really cannot find a combination of the features in a more expensive car in any segment nearby. The closest would be about three times the cost.

If you upgrade to the next segment (Linea, City, Optra or even higher, Corolla, Octavia, Civic) you will have to give up one of these that you take for granted in a Fusion:

1. Ground Clearance: this is one big big one you have to give up.
2. Compact exteriors
3. Spacious Interiors
4. Driving feel: With that excellently weighted sharp steering

Only if you go way up to the X-Trail, CRV, Captiva space can you get a match!

One car that Most Fusioners now look forward to is the Skoda Yeti. (Still has lower GC).

And I hope you can still find a brand new Fusion still selling after you complete 150,000 km!
Old 17th October 2009, 10:46   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Fusion has been the most comfortable vehicle I have owned.I am sure that I would buy another Fusion once this one crosses 150K kms
You seem to be in love with Fusion. I doubt if new Fusions wud be available or if current Fusion would be upgraded. Figo is the trump card for Ford now.

I guess Fiestas and Fusions can last 150k kms. With proper service and maintenance you can try extending it to 200k kms. I would like to see the durability of these engines and the whole car as such cuz you may not be able to buy another Fusion. Ikons in most cases gave troubles 1lakh kms(especially old 1.8D). But I have seen Fiestas that had 75k kms on odo doing duty flawlessly. Will they last another 75k without giving troubles is yet to be seen though.

Last edited by rajivn : 17th October 2009 at 10:54.
Old 17th October 2009, 12:29   #72
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

obviously you like the Duratorq a lot!
I do too. the only reason I chose the Scorpio over the Fusion + TDCi last year was for more space in the back and rear storage area.
The Fusion + poor thing came a bit before its time into our markets. If it had popped up now it would have been termed a superhatch - undoubtedly - especially in its Diesel Avatar and ABS etc thrown in!

there will come a day not so far off when the few Fusions that are around will be sought after by enthusiastic buyers in the used market.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 17th October 2009 at 12:30.
Old 17th October 2009, 13:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
You seem to be in love with Fusion. I doubt if new Fusions wud be available or if current Fusion would be upgraded. Figo is the trump card for Ford now.
True, but isn't the Figo in a smaller segment?
Boot aside, Fusion is bigger and I think it actually makes sense to retain it while Figo comes.
Old 17th October 2009, 13:33   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I guess Fiestas and Fusions can last 150k kms. With proper service and maintenance you can try extending it to 200k kms. I would like to see the durability of these engines and the whole car as such cuz you may not be able to buy another Fusion. Ikons in most cases gave troubles 1lakh kms(especially old 1.8D). But I have seen Fiestas that had 75k kms on odo doing duty flawlessly. Will they last another 75k without giving troubles is yet to be seen though.
When I was in finalization stage of Fiesta TDCi two months back, to understand and know about Ford Service centre better, I visited one of the nearest service centre (As I was knowing the Service Manager Personally). One of the customer who came for servicing his Fiesta TDCi have clocked 150000+ kms, I requested him to give me short drive (as He was leaving with his car), He agreed and beleive me she was in fantastic condition, the drive was pleasure, and the owner was praising all the good things for car, it gave me immense confidence to book the car immediately.
Old 17th October 2009, 15:57   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
When I was in finalization stage of Fiesta TDCi two months back, to understand and know about Ford Service centre better, I visited one of the nearest service centre (As I was knowing the Service Manager Personally). One of the customer who came for servicing his Fiesta TDCi have clocked 150000+ kms, I requested him to give me short drive (as He was leaving with his car), He agreed and beleive me she was in fantastic condition, the drive was pleasure, and the owner was praising all the good things for car, it gave me immense confidence to book the car immediately.
150,000+ kms and still running well, well im glad to know that. I guess new CRDIs do run that much and more. Anyways, thats confidence inspiring on Ford diesels. Any Bhpians here who have clocked more than 75k on your Fiestas or Fusions..?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks