Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2008, 10:33   #1
BHPian

Took Delivery - Hyundai Santro Xing AT - Space Silver

Booked one on Wednesday 25th June, Car was ready by Monday, June 30th. Took delivery on 1st July.

Manufacturing date: May 2008

Price (Bangalore)
393891 (Ex Showroom) Adwaith Hyundai
4000 corporate discount.
Mat and Mud flaps, Panasonic MP3 palyer.
No Antenna for radio? Is that supposed to be fitted seperately.

The sales person had initially said they have Remote locking and Sun film that will come free. Declined at the time of delivery.

The fuel coupons worth Rs.2700 will be given after 7th July.

No modifications yet to the car.

Will probably start an initial ownership report thread to discuss further.

Car had 40kms when delivered. Was driven from residency road to ORR (I asked for it). Filled fuel worth Rs. 500 and have driven about 75 kms now.
(500/56.78 = 8.81 litres) The fuel gauge is roughly at the same level now as at delivery. Approximate (I know its not a better way to calculate mileage) 8.5kmpl. City driving (Moderate traffic), Max speed of 50kmph. 90% AC on.

And here are the pictures

Took Delivery - Hyundai Santro Xing AT - Space Silver-dscn9290.jpg

Took Delivery - Hyundai Santro Xing AT - Space Silver-dscn9289.jpg

Took Delivery - Hyundai Santro Xing AT - Space Silver-dscn9291.jpg

Took Delivery - Hyundai Santro Xing AT - Space Silver-dscn9292.jpg
Old 2nd July 2008, 10:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations neon. Thats a nice car and boy you got quick delivery too. Once when I enquired about it they told me it takes atleast a month for delivery because the car goes into production after you place the order. But this was super quick. Some pictures of the interior please. So are we going the alloys way with upgraded rubber?

What are the equipment levels like? Only front power windows I guess.

Do keep this thread updated regularly.

P.S Samurai also owns a Santro AT. You can compare notes with him on the ownership experience. I think he also has a conical performance filter installed.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd July 2008 at 11:01.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:04   #3
BHPian

congrats on your buy, enjoy the drive
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:14   #4
BHPian

Nice buy bro its a very good car , i just sold my santro auto, waiting for auto i 10. drive safe
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats neon on your new buy and have a safe ride. I think the radio antenna should have been given and if am not wrong its mostly given.
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:40   #6
BHPian

Great choice Neon,

Santro is a phenomenal car, has been giving me trouble-free service since last 4 years.Fantastic driving position,easy to get in and out,peppy easy revving engine.
It will serve you well for a long time to come
Old 2nd July 2008, 11:46   #7
BHPian

Congrats Neon,All the very best for your Santro AT. BTW, how much was the on-road price? Being Provided a MP3 Player,Insist on the dealer for antenna as well, it will cost arnd 250Rs.
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:03   #8
BHPian

Nice car, I too wanted a Santro automatic but was dissuaded by the very low mileage figure given out by my friends. Do let me know what mileage you get once you run-in the car. I eventually went for a i10.

Enjoy the car, I must say it is the best solution for the traffic in our cities.
Old 2nd July 2008, 12:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

great chioce for the chaos of blore traffic.May I ask why AT? are you used to AT abroad? or sick of gears inside city? Please keep posting FE numbers. Thats the only thing that differentiates your car from other santro's on the road.
Old 2nd July 2008, 13:26   #10
BHPian

Thanks All for the wishes.

I also took an extended warranty for the 3rd and 4th year. Costed me Rs. 4325.

Antenna: I just went to the parking lot to check that. If you see the first picture, near the front door. Between the wind shield and the door, there is a black strip on the frame (A?). Well thats supposed to be the Antenna right. But its just a Black strip and the radio just does not tune to any channels. Also the manual in the car for the MP3 player has a Picture of remote, and I haven't got that also. Need to check with the showroom. Forgot to test the player at the showroom. All other electricals were tried. The headlight levelling device didn't make any difference at 0,1,2 position.
Need to check the difference at full load.

Planned Mods(Right now short of Vitamin M, But can spare about 25k)

Fog lamps
Changes headlight bulbs after a long drive. (Present ones 55W)
Seat Covers. Some art leather probably.
Arm rest for front passengers, near the gear lever side.
Buy a car cover, Under body coat at first service.

Will not change the Music system, Unless the present one is pathetic. I listen to music a lot, but usually at very low volume.
Alloys and Rubber: I wish I had more money now. May be after a year yes.

Can I get a tachometer (the one which shows engine RPM).

Fuel efficiency of 8.5kmpl (City driving with AC)for the first fill is atleast assuring. I had heard even bad mileage figures.
-Shashi
Old 2nd July 2008, 13:37   #11
BHPian

Why AT? 2.5 years in US driving mainly automatics (Occasionly Stick shift). Although I still drive a lot in my brother's Palio. I enjoy that. But for Bangalore and ease of driving even for my wife, I chose AT. And Santro was the only choice in my budget.

On road price details:
Took Delivery - Hyundai Santro Xing AT - Space Silver-invoice.jpg
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:37   #12
BHPian

Hi Neon. Congratulations on your new ride.

I had picked up Santro AT in March. Its great car. Intially , it gave me mileage of 10 KMPL but after first service when I informed the service manager about it, he got it retuned- now I am getting 11+ ( 11.33 ).

Antennae doesn't come in this car and many other covers and bits are not there ( cost cutting). You will have to get it fitted.

Door visors may be a good idea in rains as sometimes you may have to roll down the windows . In Mumbai it costs Rs. 850/-. If you smoke , you may have to put a cigarette lighter (as its not there).

In case, you want to get fog lamps fittted, better get it done from the authorised workshop. It would cost you around 3K but the finish is much better.
Old 2nd July 2008, 16:16   #13
BHPian

hi neon, congrats for the new vehicle. Good selection of AT. In Bangalore traffic , frequent gear changes are inevitable . At least no headache in this vehicle. did you get immediate delivery of the vehicle?? or any waiting period??
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:09   #14
BHPian

Got my Santro in 3 Hours Flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations neon. Thats a nice car and boy you got quick delivery too. Once when I inquired about it they told me it takes atleast a month for delivery because the car goes into production after you place the order. But this was super quick. Some pictures of the interior please. So are we going the alloys way with upgraded rubber?
Well, 5 years back when I bought my new Santro it took 3 hours from my 1st visit to the showroom and out with a new car. But I had already done my homework of negotiating with various dealers and this dealer quoted the highest discounts (on phone)

Gave him the cheque (all down) signed all the paper work and drove out with my new car without registration number offcourse.

Santro has been ready delivery since many years now. You just got to have your money ready
Old 2nd July 2008, 18:56   #15
BHPian

Congrats Neon:

I own Xing AT as well for close to 3 years now and with 37,000 on the Odo. I find it more reliable than the M 800 I owned. No mods done except for changing tyres to tubeless.

FE varies depending on how you drive, but I never got less than 9 anytime. I generally get between 10.5 - 11 kmpl (measured FUll Tank to Full Tank). Got better mileage with Shell Petrol.

I find the gear shift to be fairly smooth and agree that AT is a boon for handling Bangalore city traffic very comfortably.

Enjoy your AT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks