Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 10:31   #16
BHPian

Nice choice.

Best luck for wait period.It also took 15 days do get my 1.6. I will tell you this wait period is really boring.I was so excited that every day I used to bug that FIAT salesman.Anyway he delivered on his promise.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sigh, if only there were more delhiites buying it in droves or from smaller North towns - I'd have hope of decent backup

Congrats!
Old 4th July 2008, 12:43   #18
BHPian

Birlliant Choice!! Congratulations. I have taken TD of palio MJD and if i have not decided to wait for Grand Punto, I would have booked one for sure...

anyway Enjoy the vehicle, drive safe
Old 4th July 2008, 13:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Rear windows never fully roll down in any Fiat cars, be it Uno or Palio and its derivatives.

Any benefits for the same ???
Old 4th July 2008, 14:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

search for posts by architect, and read the word quarter glass
Old 4th July 2008, 15:15   #21
BHPian

Even I zeroed in on Green Tracks ,
There are the best for Palio.
Old 4th July 2008, 15:21   #22
BHPian

First service of Palio MJD at Concorde Motors Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
I agree, Fiat Service is quite bad, I don't think I'll say it sucks anymore, but yes, it's nowhere as good as, lets say, Maruti or Hyundai.

Guys, I am first time owner recently gave my SDX for first service(Bangalore, hosur rd workshop)

I am pretty happy with the "TATA" experience. I have not experienced Maruti or Hyundai.

I called up the Concorde Dairy Circle showroom, they redirected me to Hosur Road workshop. Called up the workshop on friday evening they gave me an appointment for Wednesday i also had some body work (dents) to do. got the cell number of the body shop person Mr Madhu, who advised to me for a good 15 minutes, very polite and helpful person (That too at 5 pm friday evening).

I confirmed on Tuesday about the pick up, there was some confusion but they manage to resolve it on their own. Had a driver come over to pick up the car. Got a call from Mr. Shivkumar saying he had recieved my vehicle and he asked me about any problems i told him all i could remember and then made two more calls on his cell as i remembered more issues. Each time i got was a polite answer and acknowedgement.

Vehicle was ready on Friday got an SMS from Tata saying my vehicle was ready. Got a Call from Mr. Shivkumar saying the vehilce was dispatched.

When the Car returned all fluids topped up smoother everything you expect from a first service.
Plus
they fixed all the shoddy work done by the ICE guys (Supercarz JC road, they dont know how to work Palios) fixed all the rattles loose panels lumpy rubber piping on the doors.
Plus
I had a scratch (paint rubbed off) on my bumper the touch up they did i cannot make out even from a distance of 2 inches where the scratch was

All this FREE OF COST and without any supervision on my behalf.

The charged Rs 350 for pick and drop. i was not even there.

Later a Tata call center guy called up and asked me to rate their service!!!!

And I own a FIAT car!!!!!!!!

I am a new to Fiat so i dont understand what are you guys complaining about???
Old 4th July 2008, 17:50   #23
BHPian

Wow ,nice to know that I was thinking to go to Green Tracks for first service
Old 4th July 2008, 19:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Wow ,nice to know that I was thinking to go to Green Tracks for first service
Is it ok going to Green Tracks for the first service itself? Do the Service Coupons hold good there too? Or do you just plan to shell out the cash?

I have one more question to anybody who could answer.
The Palio has twin lamps in each of the headlamp consoles, so what is the function of each of these? Is one for the high beam & one for low? If yes, which one is for what?
Old 4th July 2008, 22:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Dodo,

GreenTracks is a Fiat-Tata Authorized SC, so you can go there for Free Service if you wish to!

Yes, reg twin lamps in headlight, as you rightly said one is for low beam & other for high beam, to know which one is for what, refer your Palio User manual, it very clearly depicted.
Old 6th July 2008, 19:08   #26
BHPian

Great buy,careful with security system

Hello duo,
Good to know that you are joining the growing club of MJDs.Do post pics. after buying and write a detailed review.Are you planning for alloys?if so do it right away the same day you take delivery.But coming to the security system,I saw a MJD SDX standing in the TATA A.S.S near my house and the whole dash was removed.when i asked them why they said that the owner had put a security system aftermarket,and the wires were cut.It was fine for a week after that,the car gave lot of troubles.namely when the car was ignited,the headlight glowed but dint start the engine.So now it has been corrected and a TATA approved System was put on that car.I saw the box it had TATA Genuine sticker and the box had a big Palio Stile pic.So it seemed very apt for Stile.So see to it.

Vignesh
1.2Siena ELX
Old 7th July 2008, 16:02   #27
BHPian

Difference between teflon and 3M...

Folks,
The arguement that teflon is better than 3M is absolutely absurd. Teflon is a anti friction material the same stuff you find on your non stick pan and 3M is the name of a company which might/is also mak(e)ing teflon products.
Old 7th July 2008, 16:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Hello duo,
So now it has been corrected and a TATA approved System was put on that car.I saw the box it had TATA Genuine sticker and the box had a big Palio Stile pic.So it seemed very apt for Stile.So see to it.

Vignesh
1.2Siena ELX
Hey Vignesh,
Thanks for this info. This surely is very important info, I'll check with Prerna & ensure they put either the one that was approved by Tata or none at all. Will bargain for something different in case I don't get a security system.
Old 7th July 2008, 17:25   #29
BHPian

Ok

Hey dodo,
Good to know that you have taken my advice.even without a security system we can live peacefully.I am doing it for the past 3 years with my Siena.i just use the OE Manual Central Locking.

Vignesh
1.2Siena ELX
Old 9th July 2008, 12:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
15 days is what they've promised. Concorde also had promised a 15 day delivery time for the black color. However frankly, 'm mentally prepared even if there's a delay.
Prepare your mind for 4-6 weeks delivery time. Mine is more than 5 weeks and still counting.

BTW, did you make the full payment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks