Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 13:07   #31
niti

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
15 days delivery time is just great. Buyers should really flock to the MJD from waiting 4-6 months for a Swift
Thank you for the praises you have showered on Palio Mjd. I am on the verge of disposing my Swift and looking for a diesel car. I was not too keen on Swift bcas i have used it. Due to lack of service and brand image i am . After reading review from team mates i will also zero down to Palio Mjd soon.

Old 9th July 2008, 13:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
Prepare your mind for 4-6 weeks delivery time. Mine is more than 5 weeks and still counting.

BTW, did you make the full payment?
Which dealer have you booked it with?
I've booked mine through Company Lease, so not sure how the Lease company does the payment.

Also, The Lease company seems to be talking to the Dealership directly with regards to the delivery, however, I have clearly instructed them not to register the vehicle till I get to inspect the same for any defects etc before registration.
Old 10th July 2008, 13:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
Which dealer have you booked it with?
I've booked mine through Company Lease, so not sure how the Lease company does the payment.

Also, The Lease company seems to be talking to the Dealership directly with regards to the delivery, however, I have clearly instructed them not to register the vehicle till I get to inspect the same for any defects etc before registration.
Through company lease? Dont know how it will work out in 15 days!
I booked from the very same Prerana Motors!
Old 10th July 2008, 13:53   #34
BHPian

looks like its raining mjds in banglore.have come across just one in mumbai and one in thane so far..
i wonder if its selling here in good numbers
Old 10th July 2008, 14:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Through company lease? Dont know how it will work out in 15 days!
I booked from the very same Prerana Motors!
Oh it does. My friend got his Accent within 3 days.
What all has Prerna offered you? Which color/model & when did you book?
Old 10th July 2008, 15:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I am a new to Fiat so i dont understand what are you guys complaining about???
As of now, I tend to agree with you. As a customer who has only heard about the Bad A.S.S bhooth of Tata, I was surprised by the satisfactory service I got from TATA.

A recent accident made a dent in the rear left door of my Palio and the door refused to lock (!). We drove down to the Service Center at 8:30 in the evening, and were able to leave the vehicle there (!). The next day, the service advisor made the job card taking down details over the phone, and got the car ready in a short span of time.

I had low expectations to begin with so I was definitely happy. It is the availability of spares that can be a problem. The service as such is decent. Of course, don't go in expecting Honda levels of molly-coddling. TATA doesn't still make luxury cars and therefore yet hasn't learnt sucking up to a corresponding client base.

Dodo: Congrats on the booking. But I feel that 15 days is a little tough, because the average waiting period I've observed is ~ 1 month. And secondly, the accessories you are getting are great, only you should be aware that the Palio MJD and the Indica CS are two vehicles from the TATA stable that carry no discount whatsoever.
Old 11th July 2008, 01:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Arajand, was that Vivek Auto Mathura Road? I need to check this info with you, as we are part of a very small group of Stile users in NCR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
As of now, I tend to agree with you. As a customer who has only heard about the Bad A.S.S bhooth of Tata, I was surprised by the satisfactory service I got from TATA.

A recent accident made a dent in the rear left door of my Palio and the door refused to lock (!). We drove down to the Service Center at 8:30 in the evening, and were able to leave the vehicle there (!). The next day, the service advisor made the job card taking down details over the phone, and got the car ready in a short span of time.

I had low expectations to begin with so I was definitely happy. It is the availability of spares that can be a problem. The service as such is decent. Of course, don't go in expecting Honda levels of molly-coddling. TATA doesn't still make luxury cars and therefore yet hasn't learnt sucking up to a corresponding client base.

Dodo: Congrats on the booking. But I feel that 15 days is a little tough, because the average waiting period I've observed is ~ 1 month. And secondly, the accessories you are getting are great, only you should be aware that the Palio MJD and the Indica CS are two vehicles from the TATA stable that carry no discount whatsoever.
Old 11th July 2008, 06:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Arajand, was that Vivek Auto Mathura Road? I need to check this info with you, as we are part of a very small group of Stile users in NCR!
That was Vivek Auto, Mathura Road. The day I needed to go the service center, I got lucky, because the sales manager happened to be working late and he instructed the security guards to open the gates.

And yes, I had to run between the visitors lounge and the workshop area a few times, but still they got the job done. Hopefully the good experience continues.
Old 11th July 2008, 10:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arajand View Post
don't go in expecting Honda levels of molly-coddling. TATA doesn't still make luxury cars

It is not the lack of molly-coddling that i heard complaints about, Tata makes Indicabs and Sumos. Most reviews of service i read were that Tata shops tend to treat you personal cars like a taxi and are rather rough on them.

I have not found this to be the case.

I found the service to be polite and professional and (i have to say this) very patient.

But it is the first service like Phamilyman said lets see what happens when they have to use a little more engineering skill.

Dud, sorry about hijacking your thread.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Oh it does. My friend got his Accent within 3 days.
What all has Prerna offered you? Which color/model & when did you book?
Booked a Black SDX on 26th May. I m still bargaining for the freebies.. I will update ASAP.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a Black SDX on 26th May. I m still bargaining for the freebies.. I will update ASAP.
Congrats & All the best mate.
But I doubt Concorde will offer anything other than the Mud Flaps, Dickie & Floor Mats, Idol & Perfume though. Somehow I found their attitude to be 'Take it or leave it' types.

Who are you dealing with? Sandeep or Merbin? Merbin seems too new & doesn't know much about the Car. Sandeep, doesn't care!
Old 14th July 2008, 12:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Rear windows never fully roll down in any Fiat cars, be it Uno or Palio and its derivatives.
That's a safety feature than drawback, especially with kids in backseat.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Who are you dealing with? Sandeep or Merbin? Merbin seems too new & doesn't know much about the Car. Sandeep, doesn't care!
I am dealing with Deepak, who is very much experienced with Prerana. I knew him before and we (friends & family) already have 3 cars (Indica TURBO's) purchased thru him. That s y he did not want to give me any wrong commitment.

So from the day one, i was prepared for the delivery only after 6 weeks. Now it is the 7th week and I am still waiting!
Old 14th July 2008, 14:57   #44
BHPian

One quick question!

Do the rear indicators (or reflectors?) come in white for the new cars? It was orange (or yellow?) when I booked the car!
Old 14th July 2008, 15:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
One quick question!

Do the rear indicators (or reflectors?) come in white for the new cars? It was orange (or yellow?) when I booked the car!
I guess the rear indicators are White for the MJD & Orange for the Petrol versions. At least that's what I've observed so far.

Most Viewed