Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 12:50   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Why not actively follow up with Prerna to see how they can speed things up at their end?
Yes, will be doing that. Spoke to Prerna three times already. They're just waiting for the PO to be raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
Thats sad. What they are telling now? Are they placing the order soon?
The lease company may issue the PO today. Following up with them too. Realized it was a goof up at the lease company. They didn't action on a mail that was sent by the person in our firm.

Any news about your car? Which color have you booked & when had you booked?
Old 18th July 2008, 13:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
Seriously. 'm so pissed with the Lease company. Found out more details about this & this was apparently due to the person in our firm who is supposed to have just send a mail back to the lease company, over my response, saying approved. She's not done it. These Temp employees in our firm are real lazy sometimes. Will give that lady a piece of my mind tomorrow & will surely escalate it to the Manager.

Damn..!!
When you need a vehicle on loan / lease, you have to follow up and ensure that each one in the chain of communication / activity does his part. This is what i did when i applied for a vehicle loan with a PSU bank last month.

I gave the papers on a Saturday (21st June) to the bank and they said they will send it to their circle office on Sunday (Sunday working branch). On Tuesday, i went to the branch first thing in the morning just to confirm if they had sent the papers. Trust me..they had not. The papers were not even processed. I then went to the Manager and had to explain that the discount given by the dealer was valid only till the end of the month. The Manager asked me to come in the afternoon and take the papers personally to the circle office! I went to the circle office and explained my situation to the person there. On Wednesday, i called the person at the circle office regarding the status of my application. He replied that i should not contact them and all communication shall be through the branch. I was in the branch first thing thursday morning. The Manager tells me that the person at cirlce office is on leave today and the application will be processed on friday. I went personally to the cirlce office on friday to follow up and impress upon them that the deadline is coming too close for comfort. The person at the circle office told me that he will process it. I again went to the branch Saturday morning and the manager asked his people to go ahead with the documentation. The officer tells me after we were out of the manager's cabin that the approval is yet to come, but based on manager's word he will do the documentation. I again went to the branch saturday afternoon and the officer confirmed that they have received the sanction letter. The pay order was given to me on Sunday morning and i took delivery of my vehicle on monday (30th June).

Moral of the story....
Our urgency does not necessarily gets reciprocated unless we make them understand through continuos follow-up. The six sigma guys may comment that this is MUDA (waste) but this is reality.

Anyway friend...hope you will get your car soon and keep us posted with your initial ownership report and pics.
Old 18th July 2008, 21:07   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
Any news about your car? Which color have you booked & when had you booked?
They said, they will update tomorrow. Let me see.

I had booked a Black SDX on May 26th. Later the white color released. I saw one on road 2 weeks back and fell in love and asked them to change the color. Now I am waiting for the white MJD.
Old 18th July 2008, 21:15   #64
BHPian

After reading this thread I cannot believe how darn lucky we were to get our Palio SDX in 3 days. After having decided that our next car as the Palio MJD, I contacted the local Tata dealer ( they will be Tata - Fiat by next month ), who happened to be our family friend as well.

He called around and said that the dealer in Vellore can "slip" us one. The choices available were red in SD , black in SDE and white in SDX. Dad wanted white and SDX it was. Spoke over the phone and sent the documents by post the next day with the DD. My Dad and the driver went to Vellore by train the day after and drove back to Salem with the car.

Trust me guys its worth all the hassle you are going through when you are zooming past the Civics, Fiestas and the Swifts of this world over broken tarmac ( sadly still a majority of our roads ). And the best part of the car is exclusivity. I guess ours is the first Stile in the city, let alone MJD. It turns all heads and one gent even asked me ' Sir is this "foreign" car? '

Hope your issues get resolved soon and you start enjoying you new rides.
Old 18th July 2008, 22:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

Greenmachine, Many Congrats on your new Palio 1.3 MJD!
Enjoy driving the Italian beauty!

Prabhusati, the running around you did is applicable for Public sector banks!
They still work leisurely and in a relaxed manner!
Whereas, private banks like HDFC Bank, Axis Bank work efficiently and get the job done faster!
Old 19th July 2008, 17:15   #66
BHPian

Quote:
They said, they will update tomorrow. Let me see.

I had booked a Black SDX on May 26th. Later the white color released. I saw one on road 2 weeks back and fell in love and asked them to change the color. Now I am waiting for the white MJD.

Wow a White Palio Stile!! I'm really glad to hear this...the Palio Stile sales pickup has made them think colors!!

I'm sure it would look as beautiful as it was in the retro version!

Congrats for the good buy and please post the white stile pics!!

Cheers~
Old 19th July 2008, 19:04   #67
BHPian

@Greenmachine,
Many Congrats on your new Palio 1.3 MJD!
Your are the first/lucky one to get a White MJD .......
Do post the pic of the car we all are waiting ....
Old 20th July 2008, 08:32   #68
BHPian

Hi green machine,
i think you are the one of the greatest person in Salem to buy a MJD.This "foreign car " incident even happens to me.I think you have bought your car from Vellore Vijai Sales.The salem dealer id True Sai Works right?So are u putting alloys in it?What made you buy a Palio when all guys are of praises for Swift,Getz,i10?Anyways do post pics.Tell us about your mods like ICE,alloys etc.

Vignesh
1.2 Siena ELX,Chennai
Old 20th July 2008, 12:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congrats green Machine. Indeed stunning choice of colors.

However, yours is not the first While Stile SDX I've seen. There's a sanjeev khurana saab on PalioUsersIndia who'd be finishing some 10k on his MJD anytime soon - May '08 bought!
Old 20th July 2008, 19:29   #70
BHPian

As expected, I got a call from Prerana on Saturday morning saying,"Sorry Sir! The car has not come!" Well.. I was not surprised this time!
Old 21st July 2008, 08:19   #71
BANNED

Quote:
As expected, I got a call from Prerana on Saturday morning saying,"Sorry Sir! The car has not come!" Well.. I was not surprised this time!
Have patience guys, I waited for 2 months and went from pillar to post to get it delivered. It is worth the wait and in the meantime gather some $$ for the goodies inside .
Old 21st July 2008, 22:32   #72
BHPian

Can any of confirm if FIAT has stopped making MJD's (SDX) in black? I was told by Prerana that Black color has been discontinued by FIAT. Anyone please check your sources and confirm this news for me! It will break my heart if this is true!
Old 21st July 2008, 22:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
Can any of confirm if FIAT has stopped making MJD's (SDX) in black? I was told by Prerana that Black color has been discontinued by FIAT.
I don't think so! Looks like Prerna is cooking its own story!

Just call-up & enquire with Concorde & Manipal.
Old 21st July 2008, 22:48   #74
BHPian

I have booked a carbon black SDX on last Thursday from Concore Motor. The car will be delivered this weekend to me. Infact they told me that black colour is available within 10 -12 days where as the red and blue takes 4-6 weeks for delivery. I will keep you guys posted after the delivery of the car.

Regards,

Sridhar.P
Old 21st July 2008, 23:10   #75
BHPian

Sridhar thanks for the info. Can you give me your agents name whom you are dealing with? I'd like to talk to him tomorrow and confirm this news.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks