Team-BHP - Skoda Octavia vRS - Dreams do Come true!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Skoda Octavia vRS - Dreams do Come true!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/42173-skoda-octavia-vrs-dreams-do-come-true-5.html)

Hey Asish,

You are lucky you could convince your parents.. The conversation with your father reminded me of a discussion i had with my dad.

Me: I got a good hike now. Want to upgrade from Santro
Dad: But you loved it when we bought it
Me: I still like it but want to go for a better one
Dad: Sedans will be very expensive to buy and maintain
Me: I dont want a sedan. I want a .... (long pause) Maruti Gypsy please:

Well.. no conversation after that. The look he gave, told it all :Frustrati

Hope to catch him in a better mood

God ! Was i sleeping when the deal was made ??? I was looking for this car for soooo long !!! Hey ashish , heartly congrats for the car , lucky dawg, post some more pics and your 0-100 timings if its safe , happy riding !

superb car !!
Congrats abhinav for this special beauty
I am also trying to find out a Skoda RS , since one month , but aint able to find a single piece . though almost 1 month back a dealer quoted me a vRS , but that was in silver color and silver for a vRS was not my choice , so turned it down that time .

Please help me out finding a nice clean genuine vRS !
I can be contacted via email or cellphone .

Man just loved the topic, i myself am thinking of buying the Vrs.

As long as you can find one in a good condition :)

Update Guys:

First ICE:
Installed Pioneer AVH-P3100 DVD player
Replaced stock front speakers with Hertz Hi-Energy HSK 165 6.5" components.

The entire setup sounds brighter then stock. Not what i expected. I wanted more of a midrange and midbass. Any suggestion Guys?? Rear speakers are still stock 4". Components are powered by amp.

Car has covered 45K now and still running fine without any major niggles. Acceleration is still usual vRS however urgency is missing in pickup now. Planning to go for stage-1 upgrade to 200 BHP. Any idea guys how much beneficial would it be??

Some pics...

Looks good, but the brightness is because of the pioneer, you should have auditioned pioneers and others before buying.
What you can do is that go and adjust the settings, set the high frequency at +1 or +2 and set the mid to +4 or +5 and the low at +3 - +5 (how much you like the bass).
Also if you are going to play at low volumes, set the highs at +3, and as you go higher in volume levels reduce it to +2 and finally to +1, with reduce of mids from +5 to +4 and bass at +3, doing this will help reduce the brightness.

Nice review Ashish..

Hows the performance with the K&N Typhoon???

And is that a proper endcan or just a exhaust tip?? If its the tip, i suggest you somehow shell out 3k and get the OE tip. It looks fab!

Hi Folks !! I'm tempted by Skoda Octavia vRS !! and planning to get a used one.. But after seeing the Blogs I'm confused whether i have to really go for it or not. Actually I saw one car 2004 Petrol model and he is quoting 3.8Lakhs and he says car is in good condition and top end model.. Need your advice.. How much i can pay for 2004 Year Model now , how can i ensure that it doesn't have any major issues , and how much mileage i can expect.. Thanks in Advance..