Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2008, 00:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Power assist? All Santros had these. Short gear throw helps a lot in city drives.
I think JK was referring to the power assisted brakes rather than PS. Not sure whether the early Santros had this feature.

Last edited by burnt. : 14th July 2008 at 00:08.
Old 14th July 2008, 10:01   #17
BHPian

Being a owner of an i10 for over 3 months now, my comments are as follows:
1. Yes, the car does run out of breath soon, but it is a 1.1 L car. I have not driven a Santro, but from friends, I'm told that the Santro feels peppier. My understanding is that the i10's ECU has been mapped to provide fuel efficiency and hence you do not get the pushed-back-to-the-seat accelleration feel, and get a moderate high speed cruising speed.
2. Everyone who has sat in my car loves the interiors! Period!
3. It took just a few times driving to get used to the pedels and gear shift position. (I came from an Indica) As with any different car you drive for the first time, that new car will feel different from what you are used to, and needs 3-5 times to drive to understand how the car drives. Interestingly, even now, when I drive the car for the first time in the morning, the brakes are very strong. After a while, the brakes are more or less normal. Like I said, one has to just get used to the eccentricies of their car.
4. From my understanding, MDPS and HPS are the same (or at least are both Electronic controlled). The cutoff speed from my experience is around 75kmp, after which the steering felt much heavier.

Finally just an observation, possible linked to the ECU mapping. Compared to other small cars, when the AC is switched on of off, the resultant drop or gain in power is not instantanous. You feel the drop of gain in power gradually over a time period of about 1-2 seconds. In other small cars I've drive, the drop or gain in power is pretty much instantanous.

Last edited by DriverR : 14th July 2008 at 10:04.
Old 17th July 2008, 19:46   #18
BHPian

Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Ya... sound like some new Apple product more than anything else... But, lets move on shall we?

So, lets go on to the ratings of the car.
Negatives:
1) Very short gear throw (HAHA - why is this a negative?)
2) Not sporty enough in terms of pulling power
3) Very short play of the pedals (HAHA - Why is this a negative?)
4) Driving position could have been a bit higher (Not really a negative)
5) Brake and Accelerator pedals were too close to each other

Positives:
1) Smooth and refined gear lever
2) Rear seat has lots of leg room
3) Smooth and quiet ride
4) Nice looking interiors
See my comments above - HAHA
Old 21st July 2008, 15:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
See my comments above - HAHA
HAHAHA... read the entire post to know why I found those points a negative.... HAHAHA.
Old 21st July 2008, 16:08   #20
BHPian

I recently did a test drive for Fabia, i10 and Swift. While Fabia is my choice (ordered) the next in line came to be an i10, and for the following reasons:

1. absolutely loved the gear position
2. decent steering
3. cool and spacious interiors

Contrary to what someone said, I thought the car was low on power in third gear...so at lower speeds one has to come down to 2nd. This can be a concern for some.

I think design wise, a lot of thought has gone into the interior layout. Its spacious and looks ton better than swift.

I don't know how the new Kappa engine runs but it might be a good choice for people looking for peppier santro like engines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks