Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2008, 10:07   #1
BHPian

My 2001 OHC VTEC

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Also, SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

well guys the vtec bug all started 3 years ago when i took a spin in wolf's amazing vtec . the car then had headers intake and i guess rd ecu i guess, not sure . anyways we went for a top speedrun and i was really amazed and shocked experiencing the way the car just pulled to 100 and go on to hit a top wack of 190-195 . from that day on my vteg craze started .

well in those days i was a college going kid . had a 180 v1 and was damn happy with it ( miss her loads ) . any wayz i sold the bike as it had covered 54k in like 3.5 years and was ready to buy a new bike (used comet) . searched many places found bikes priced too high :( . finally work started and i finally decided to borrow our faithfull family santro to be my vaahana to help me out in my yatras he he .

1 year passed by . installed a monster ice in my santro. did sound dampening myself . learnt many things from it . completed close to 11k kms . then r15 launch . me being a crazy biker went and booked it as soon as the booking was open . was fully happy until a friend of mine got his bike delivered . i know therew wouldbe no power in the lower rpm's and was expecting the worst . when i rode his bike i was totyally disappointed but some wat amazed at the handeling of the beast . any wayz couldnt rip the bike as it was brand new soo told hime to moto tune it and then give it to me .

2 weeks passed no word from my lazy *** friend . in the meantime a friend of mine, wolf again told me of a vtec for sale . i was already ready to pick up my bike (r15) but some thing made me wanna c the car . i was told tht the car will come to the grand ashok parkinf tht afternoon if i wanted to check it out i could . sooo off i went and WOW wat a beauty . in front of me was a flawless vtec heather mist colour . was speechless for a while just staring at the car as i knew we were made for each other. well the owner came and we had a loong chat the usall stuff he eh .ne ways 2 days passed and i told dad about the car . initially he was like " have you gone mad ? 2001 car noo way ? get a swift vdi " .

for 2 days the arguemnt continues . i get all the scientific facts out all the ownership reviews out, finally he agrees to have a look at the car.

soo on the 6th of this month we had another look and dad took it for a spin . he was really amazed at the ride quality the shifts the smooth engine and was quite from then on( he drives a 3 ltr DICOR ) . any wayz we went home and tht night had a family meeting and discussed about the car . i had to made some sacrifises let go off some of my hobbys in order to buy this car .

any wayz days passed and we got our finances in order and the loan got approved . soo finally on the 11th, 11 am the beast came home and was delivered to us. any wayz we were finally the owners of a mint condition bone stock ohc vtec and we were very happy .

3 days passed, 250 kms coverd till now and guys its been a real pleasure driving the car . the way she pulls to 95 in second is really mind blowing . i have driven fast cars, had an elantra also for 2 years but this beast is mind blowing . the way the vtec kicks in after 4200 rpm is some thing i cant imagine . i had to fill in all the lubes and liquida in the car he he and ya with some mixed driving, red lining here and the with ac on/off here and there i gor a respectable mileage of 11.7 in the city compared to my santros 11.5 without ac and in economy mode

any wayz there is only one thing that has to be replaced . the frond windsheild is covered with scratches previous owners didnt maintain the glass well soo i need to replace it . any idea how much it might cost ?

pics coming soon today itself . along with some details of my ice install . thaks t-bhp for the info i get here will help me serve my car better and keep her in prime condition

-karthik

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2008 at 12:02. Reason: Smilies
speedfreak is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th July 2008, 12:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase dude.
How much did you pay for it.

I think the glass should cost you something like 4000 bucks ( Not sure though)

Waiting for the pics
Old 14th July 2008, 12:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the Vtec. Would be interesting to know how much you paid for it & what were the hobbies you had to give up for this beauty. Treat her well.

The windshield should cost you around 7-9k. Costs 6k for the esteem. If your car has insurance, make a small crack & claim it. This is the only item in your car for which the insurance will cover almost 100%.

p.s don't tell them i gave you the idea.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I think the glass should cost you something like 4000 bucks ( Not sure though)
Make it 7K at Honda dealership.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Windshield can be had for about 4.5k-5k for the Malaysian alternative, original AIS should cost you around 7-7.2k.
Old 14th July 2008, 13:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Karthik congrats on the purchase mate. Shrey was prolly talking about the same v-tec to me the other day. He said it was bone stock and in real good condition, nice that you picked it up.

BTW I think the best option is to claim insurance for the windshield.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 14th July 2008 at 13:54.
Old 14th July 2008, 14:43   #7
BHPian

congrats speedfreak, OHC vtec is one of the finest drivers car. A vtec will always be a vtec and it will never let you down. This car will fulfill all your speed desires.

Enjoy!
Old 14th July 2008, 14:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats speedfreak on your purchase and vtec is definitely a very good machine and if i am not wrong in no time in the near future you might be planning your mods on it as you said it was stock. Anyways post the pics and have a safe and enjoyable ride.
Old 14th July 2008, 15:45   #9
BHPian

thank you all . just got the oil and oil filter changed, plugs cleaned and changed the air filter . now she moves and revs neat . regarding the front shield i was told to go to 3m people . they do some kind of buffing it seems which reduces scratches .

@esteem lover - dude tips on how to crack glass

p.s- pics will upload in a while and thanks for going through my long detailed rant
Old 14th July 2008, 16:22   #10
BHPian

car and its ice ! lemme know if details r needed
Attached Thumbnails
My 2001 OHC VTEC-dsc_0078.jpg  

My 2001 OHC VTEC-dsc_0075.jpg  

My 2001 OHC VTEC-dsc_0074.jpg  

My 2001 OHC VTEC-dsc_0088.jpg  

My 2001 OHC VTEC-dsc_0085.jpg  

My 2001 OHC VTEC-dsc_0084.jpg  

My 2001 OHC VTEC-dsc_0083.jpg  

My 2001 OHC VTEC-dsc_0080.jpg  

Old 14th July 2008, 18:23   #11
BHPian

Oh wow! That's a beauty. Its hard to find a well-kept VTEC in bangalore but your car is in immaculate condition and it has great ICE too. Awesome! Congrats on the purchase.

How many kms on the ODO? How much did you pay for it?
Old 14th July 2008, 18:54   #12
BHPian

Amazing. Cant believe it is a 7 year old car! congrats dude and enjoy your ride.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Speedfreak ! Thats a real nice and neat looking vtec you made your own. Dude ! I am sure you will be longing to enhance its performance mods soon looking to its response.
Old 14th July 2008, 19:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha!! That's the most original attempt I've seen yet to mask a plate!!

And you've also got upsized tyres! Nice!!
Old 14th July 2008, 20:24   #15
BHPian

Hi Karthik!

welcome to the vtec gang! congrats! so finally from bajaj to honda ;-)

cheers
shrey
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks