Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Whats the price for the new a4?

Kindly refer #post 1 , the petrol 3.2 FSI is around 42L

Cheers
Old 21st July 2008, 16:55   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That has got to be the shortest Team-BHP testdrive ever, too bad you didn't get to drive the beast longer!! I hope you have planned a revisit to the Audi showroom.

The Audi 3.2 is a beast; I'll wait to testdrive it, but do think the 3.2 will take over the mantle of the car to own in that segment, for an Indian petrolhead. There's a lot of expectations on it...lets see how the test goes.
Old 21st July 2008, 20:10   #18
BHPian

Hey GTO,

OFCOZ i plan to take a bigger ride in that beast! The person who takes care of all repairs of our vehicles, he knows the manager at Automotive (Mahindra) as he had sold him one car and told him about me, that i was considering an Audi.

now that person inturn came to my office today with the Asst. Mgr of Audi Hyderabad. I didnt tell him that i have booked the 520d, but told him that i am more keen on the BMW as its a value for money, and also as i havn't driven the Audi, cant say much of it. Immediately he said in 2 days he will arrange the TD of the Diesel one for me, they are going to have only the Diesel for Test Drives. Then i told him i am more interested in the Petrol coz the other day when i sat in it and revved the engine, it felt good.

Then he said, not to worry, that also he will arrange it for me so yea, will soon td both and give a better report on their handling and performance.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:14   #19
BHPian

Insane Devil, waiting for your longer drive feedback! You will miss the paddle shift in 3.2FSI. After all the hoopla, 3.2FSI doesn't come with them. It is a real shame for a performance vehicle of 45L to miss out on such an important feature for driver. I was seriously considering one before this information.
Old 4th October 2008, 19:41   #20
BHPian

Test Driven 3.2 today

Hi,
Today I test drove the Audi A4 3.2 They had arranged a test drive at Nagpur.Since I have never written a test drive report,Please pardon the shortcomings.
The car is loaded with features,the sales person almost took half an hour to explain the features,all the while I was in the drivers seat,stationary,ready to thump my right foot down.
Let me tell you,I am not planning to buy one,it just happened that I was at the right place with the right person.
The test drive was very short one about a km or so,but the car has a very very powerful engine,it was an automatic.Although its fast,but it takes a while to gain momentum from standstill,but once it crosses 40kmph it just zoooms.And we were five adults on board.
I cannot commenton the NVH,braking,stability etc because I have not driven any car of that segment.Hence cannot differentiate on the finer aspects.
Can only comment on power,because thats what took my attention.And its a damn powerfull car.
Old 4th October 2008, 20:37   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi,
Today I test drove the Audi A4 3.2 They had arranged a test drive at Nagpur.Since I have never written a test drive report,Please pardon the shortcomings.
The car is loaded with features,the sales person almost took half an hour to explain the features,all the while I was in the drivers seat,stationary,ready to thump my right foot down.
Let me tell you,I am not planning to buy one,it just happened that I was at the right place with the right person.
The test drive was very short one about a km or so,but the car has a very very powerful engine,it was an automatic.Although its fast,but it takes a while to gain momentum from standstill,but once it crosses 40kmph it just zoooms.And we were five adults on board.
I cannot commenton the NVH,braking,stability etc because I have not driven any car of that segment.Hence cannot differentiate on the finer aspects.
Can only comment on power,because thats what took my attention.And its a damn powerfull car.
OMG,, thats the best first-hand review I've come across on Team-BHP. Bravo! Bravo! Damn its a powerFULL car! LoLs
Old 5th October 2008, 03:01   #22
BHPian

Hey there, A splendid car indeed. It is a bit pricey for what it offers and some may claim it not being as sharp as its RWD rivals (you know who).

There is an absence of fun factor in the car. But, considering the segment it is in, purchasers look more for sensibility than fun.

Buying this car makes one more of a shrewd buyer as it doesn't disappoint in any category of road testing.

Love this car!!!
Old 11th November 2008, 11:42   #23
BHPian

I was just crusing along in my car as i found 5 rings in my RVM sudddenly. The color was pristine white and soon i noted the illuminated 'string of pearl'..Wowww,, i just couldn't take my eyes off RVM spotting the new Audi A4 and i didnt give him a chance to overtake me, partly thanks to the congested roads in our city. It was in my RVM for abt 15 minutes making me drool all along and once the road opened up, i could see the impossing A4 pulling over and disappearing so fast

Personally, i feel A4 is much better than the styling of 3-Series or C-Class. Hope the beemers and Merc snobs get a run for their money as the Audi dealership opened in Kerala now cheers:
Old 11th November 2008, 11:45   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
I was just crusing along in my car as i found 5 rings in my RVM sudddenly.
i think the lights distracted you too much lol there are only 4 rings.
Old 11th November 2008, 11:49   #25
BHPian

thanks for the correction buddy. true..i was so much distracted by the view in my RVM.. 4 or 5..but it certainly make rings around my head
Old 11th November 2008, 11:56   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Hi,Although its fast,but it takes a while to gain momentum from standstill,but once it crosses 40kmph it just zoooms.
Didn't expect it to behave like this. It doesnt have a turbo charger so no reason why there should be a lag. I would expect a self aspirated petrol engine of that size to shoot of the line the second you set foot on it !
Old 11th November 2008, 16:15   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Personally, i feel A4 is much better than the styling of 3-Series or C-Class.
I am a HUGE fan of the A4 3.2 (after tasting blood, of course)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It doesnt have a turbo charger so no reason why there should be a lag.
There is a slight (very slight) lag in the time that you press the pedal and the engine revvs up. DSG? Electronic pedal? However, I think he is talking about the initial pickup. I'd put it down to the AWD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks