Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2008, 13:03   #1
BHPian

AUDI A4 - NEW MODEL! - 3.2 FSI 250bhp

Hello All!

Finally today i got to see the NEW Audi A4 in blood and flesh! I got only one word to say - AWESOME! The New A4 is so so so good, it puts the 3 series to shame! which inturn puts the Merc C Class to shame too!

This is the machine of the future! The led's on the headlamp are like a string of glowing pearls! I was mesmerised seeing it!

Account of how i saw it and how much i could feel it:

IT just came into the showrooms on Friday night, and i was called yesterday morning around 10.20am that its come to them and i can come and see it, but it will be in their basement only, not to be taken out before 26th of July!

Exteriors:

When reached there, they took me to the Basement and saw the car was covered. Slowly they started removing the cover from the front, and as and as it revealed it self, the more mesmerised i became! The front of this car, and the rear, both are just superb! the front is WILD! and the rear is SOfisticated! i was like a big W.O.W! The color was Metallic Grey!

The lady gave me the key and i unlocked it and the indicators blinked! The indicators in the headlamp are total futuristic! and then i opened and sat in!

Interiors:
Again, the same big W.O.W was on my face! and my eyes big as saucers! This is one hell of an interior! quality is very good, and so are the dash layout. The start/stop button is properly highlighted, left of the Auto tranny lever, and on the right side are the Electronic Parking brake switch, and below is the AutoHold function of it. The MMI was the full fledged one, and it was also very good, but one thing i didnt like very much, was the location of the MMI control. It is not near the centre armrest like in the BMW and Merc, but is placed on the center console, say where u usually have your music system, etc, accessing the buttons next to it would be a big difficult while driving, i guess.
Seatings are excellent. Front two seats are very sporty, and the rear seats are a bit low slung, so long trips will wreck your knees, but ok for city.
Here the color inside was light GREY, leather seats, all perforated where most of your body is touching it.

The Reverse parking system is also very good in this, similar to the BMW's. but has four bars, one each for the sensors at the back.

This model had the Audi Drive Select system and the control buttons are situated below the AutoTranny lever.

About Space - Its very spacious, and not cramped at all! the same afternoon i sat in a 320d and i was thinking, how very cramped the 320d was! the car, as said, is as spacious as the E-Class, a little less than the 5series.

Drive:
He he he... now comes the big kick - The model i was seeing and seating in was the 3.2 FSI with 250bhp!
When i started the Engine, the engine hum was excellent, sitting in, i just pressed the accelerator, and the car was going "Vrum vrum" like the sound of a sports car with a very good exhaust. The acceleration sound from the exhaust was soo good, again - MESMERISING! i was going on doing it, when finally the lady said - " you can take it reverse and forward if u want...!" and then immediately i took it out of the parking bay into the basement's pathway. Took all the way back to the end of basement's pathway, and from there raced to the basement's entrance! and again the big WOW and my eyes go big like saucers! This is THE KING of its class! Mind you guys, no exaggerations here, but the power in this is for REAL!

It was a scene like, i would actually run away with the car, the way i zoomed to the entrace of the basement and put the brakes! First "vrum Vrumed" it a couple of times, and then let it go! in this such a short Test drive, i think must be the smallest testdrive in Teambhp - 100mts, i think at the max! And the braking is also excellent. Then comes the steering, very very light pressure i had to give when was taking out of the parking bay and cutting through.

Overall guys, This car is the godfather of this segment! now BMW has to really get to its heels fast to upgrade its 3!

Pricing:
1. 2.0 Diesel TDI- onroad Rs.35.5lk
2. 2.0 Diesel TDI (with memory function for seats and rear view mirror, 17" wheel instead of 16" and Front Parking Sensors) -Rs.37 lks.

A car of this Segment, and not having memory seats as standard was a let down. Paying almost 1.5lk extra for just the rims and memory seat, but has to be taken, i think, else u will always lack the luxury feeling.

Excellent car overall, NO negatives at all, in the little drive i had!

Now around 24th or 25 she said i could Test Drive the diesel version as it is going to come then, now only the 3.2 FSI was with them.

ONly thing i got to say, Diesel is Diesel, but Petrol rocks (at a very hefty cost, thou!)

Sorry guys, no photos, as she said not to take now, but later she will let me if i want.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 20th July 2008 at 13:18.
Old 20th July 2008, 13:13   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hello All!

Finally today i got to see the NEW Audi A4 in blood and flesh! I got only one word to say - AWESOME! The New A4 is so so so good, it puts the 3 series to shame! which inturn puts the Merc C Class to shame too!

This is the machine of the future! The led's on the headlamp are like a string of glowing pearls! I was mesmerised seeing it!

Totally agree with you there insane devil. I've seen two or three of the new A4s on the road here and it looking amazing. The new A4 3.2 FSI is gonna eat up on 3Series and the new C Class.
Old 20th July 2008, 13:14   #3
BHPian

And so will the Diesel ones dude! just keep watching, this is a car much more than you are paying for, compared to the 3 and C!
Old 20th July 2008, 13:28   #4
BHPian

Watch this:

and you'll ge what insane devil is trying to say!!

superb dynamics....i must say..A4 ROCKS
Old 20th July 2008, 15:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
The led's on the headlamp are like a string of glowing pearls! I was mesmerised seeing it!
Totally agree with you on that. A few days back a new A4 was following me at night and the LED's looked smashing! A while later the car overtook me and I got my first view of the new A4 and boy was it HUGE! Makes the C and 3 look a segment lower!
Old 20th July 2008, 16:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see the Audi getting a fan following. Because we Indians are now getting to see the REAL car. Unfortunately it was always living in the shadow of THE Merc or THE BMW...LOL LOL

The real potential is now being unleashed. I am sure we in India will finally be mature enough to understand cars & not just go with "staus marquees" (not that the Audi is any less)

One happy man !!!

Cheers
Old 20th July 2008, 17:22   #7
Team-BHP Support

insane devil its 265bhp not 250.. did that td make you change your mind about the 520d?
Old 20th July 2008, 18:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
insane devil its 265bhp not 250.. did that td make you change your mind about the 520d?
O YEAAS! BY GOD YES!

hehehe... but then, my brains which had gone down a bit, came back to its place, and started doing its calculations, and well, 520d it is now! But i sure wish i could own a smashing petrol rocket like this one sometime later! need a Public Limited Company account to pay the petrol bills then till now only pvt ltd, so no monney!
Old 20th July 2008, 21:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Believe the Devil's bowled over now and the question is it the diesel or the 256bhp one . Know it would be a red one for sure.
Old 20th July 2008, 21:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

The story goes like such :-

There lived a happy man - content with the AUDI A4 deisel 140 BHP with insane torque. He then ran into this beatiful charmer, called the 3.2 FSI, it was love at first DRIVE

....but then when the initial euphoria wore off & the brain started to function in the normal state of "tune"...the deisel option made sense.

Sorry bud, no ofense but i just repeated what I felt when I TD the 3.2 FSI

The BMW 325i & the Mercs better watch out !!!!

AUDI RULES !!!!!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 20th July 2008 at 21:18.
Old 20th July 2008, 21:55   #11
BHPian

one more video
Old 20th July 2008, 22:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Great report and I can sense the excitment you got from those 250 bhp.

About the diesel, will there be 2.0 ltr diesel. I read that a brand new 2.0 ltr, 143 bhp common rail diesel will be mostly coming. Is that availbale ? Is there any 3.2 TDI or 2.7 TDI ?
Old 20th July 2008, 22:40   #13
BHPian

Aaggoswami, for next 6 months atleast, there will not be any other engine option but the 2 :
Petrol : 3.2FSI 256bhp
Diesel : 2.0 Tdi 143 bhp

Next in line will be the 1.8 Turbo Petrol. only after that can we think of the 2.7 TDi and 3.0 TDi.
Old 20th July 2008, 23:02   #14
BHPian

Whats the price for the new a4?
Old 21st July 2008, 01:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Its 265 bhp according to autocar of JULY.
Waiting for the pics and a bigger test drive report.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks