Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 16:17   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimi View Post
I
The drive: Well I went to drive the i10 kappa today, not to rip it (apologies for that), because I dont drive that way 365 days.

Till then.... I'll be dreaming of catching the i...
Now thats a first! The TBHP passion for ripping is quite amusing!

Best of lUck!

Elito
Old 25th July 2008, 16:20   #92
BHPian

[quote=CtrlAltDel;915689]
i hope this answers your question coz I didnt really pay much attention to the NVH factor apart from trying to hear audible engine noise.[/quote]

That line answers it perfectly!

Most Hyundai's have very good NVH, however thier engines while smooth tend to be a little roary! (very little)

Thanks man!

ELito
Old 25th July 2008, 16:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Great review guys. The new engine seems to be great.
Old 25th July 2008, 16:57   #94
Senior - BHPian

A DOHC engine in a small car does sound cool. And the ad says the power increased without any loss in FE, which is also a good thing. Actually as per the ad, it gives better FE than the 1.1L version. But all I am wondering is where did the lion's share of the 421million USD go, which was supposedly spent in coming up with this hi-fi engine ?

BTW, with a 1.2 litre engine, 80bhp and 5lac price tag, I do not see any reason why this cannot be compared with the Swift having a 1.3L engine, 87bhp and a similar price tag ? By all means. Let the better car win.

Like JayD below, I also find it surprising why people go for a car that is hideous to look at externally and almost the same as the cheaper Santro technically, Kappa or Lambda notwithstanding.

No one could have said it better, man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
They sure are gonna have a hard time coming up with something that is uglier, slower and consumes more petrol than the i10. I personally feel its an ugly santro made uglier, with a different name for the same old engine, and priced waaaay above what its worth. And still people buy it by the thousands. Sad!

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 25th July 2008 at 16:59.
Old 25th July 2008, 18:27   #95
BHPian

Booked i10 Magna Kappa Automatic

Hello everyone, I was expecting delivery of our Crystal white i10 Magna Kappa Automatic from HMP Chennai today. Registration was scheduled for this afternoon but the guys at Hyundai failed(or forgot?) to 'register' the newer Magna variants with the RTO, so the RTO systems cannot register our car

HMP managed to register other (Asta and Sportz) testdrive cars. So our car is at the dealership waiting for the RTO guys to sort it out.Hopefully I'll be able to take the car home on Monday evening. Will post a initial ownership report soon..
Old 25th July 2008, 20:50   #96
Team-BHP Support

Build quality?

Is it just me, or is the build quality a notch up from the 1.1? Seems better than the 1.1 to me (although 1.1 build quality is good in itself!).

Old 26th July 2008, 13:43   #97
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is it just me, or is the build quality a notch up from the 1.1? Seems better than the 1.1 to me (although 1.1 build quality is good in itself!).

I would not rule out the possibility. I remember conversing with a senior chap from a prominent car company in India. He insisted that quality tolerance levels for high-end variants (of the same car) are far stricter.
Old 27th July 2008, 08:30   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenM View Post
Hello everyone, I was expecting delivery of our Crystal white i10 Magna Kappa Automatic from HMP Chennai today. Registration was scheduled for this afternoon but the guys at Hyundai failed(or forgot?) to 'register' the newer Magna variants with the RTO, so the RTO systems cannot register our car

HMP managed to register other (Asta and Sportz) testdrive cars. So our car is at the dealership waiting for the RTO guys to sort it out.Hopefully I'll be able to take the car home on Monday evening. Will post a initial ownership report soon..
Hey Praveen
Congrats for booking i10 AT. I am planning to book one in Pune. Let me know how your car goes. I am looking for Astra AT. Planning to take 15 inch alloy with it. No TD available for AT in Pune. ACI review is good one. Though Astra looks costly, I am thinking it's best car at AT below 10 K, even features are far better than NHC offering. NHC do not offer ABS/ Airbags. DId you find any lead time for booking? Pune dealer tell me 2-4 weeks for AT delivery.
Old 27th July 2008, 11:20   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Planning to take 15 inch alloy with it.
Do not use 15 inch alloys on the i10. You will have to go for a very low profile tyres and yet they will scrap the wheel arches for sure. Max you can use is 14-inch.
Old 27th July 2008, 11:41   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Hey Praveen
DId you find any lead time for booking? Pune dealer tell me 2-4 weeks for AT delivery.
Actually I was looking around for a used Santro AT but couldn't find one to our liking.. so was inquiring about a new Santro AT. A couple of days later (July 5th) the salesgirl called and told us that the i10 kappa was scheduled to be released on 15th.. Whilst booking (on July 21st) I did manage to the see the factory inventory of i10 cars and did find lots of Asta and Sportz ATs in various colors.
Old 27th July 2008, 17:35   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I seriously doubt this besides every car can be safely started with ac running.
See the blower keeps blowing cold year for some time when the compressor is switched off & thats probably what you experienced
thats what I thought and i grilled the sales guy about it. he kept insisting that it was a "new technology" where the AC wont affect the engine. but when i drove up slopes with and without AC, i could not make out much difference. either the torque is great or it IS a new technology!
Old 27th July 2008, 20:04   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
Do not use 15 inch alloys on the i10. You will have to go for a very low profile tyres and yet they will scrap the wheel arches for sure. Max you can use is 14-inch.
Thanks for info. UK i10 has same option though.
Old 28th July 2008, 09:50   #103

50 kms Ownership Report

I took delivery of the i10 automatic kappa Sportz yesterday in Bangalore.

I am a normal user who does not care much about technicalities and numbers and such (In other words, I do not know how the torque graph affects drivability and such..). So, please take my observations from that perspective and I may not notice things that you people might immediately observe.

FYI, I used to drive Honda Civic in US for about 10 years.

Interiors: The interiors is very very nice. Seats could be slightly more comfortable and could use a bit more space on the trunk. (Santro's trunk feels bit more spacious)

Drivability: Very peppy. Automatic transmission is very very nice (except that when you shift from P to D or otherwise, it feels a bit crude and not very smooth). Godsend in Bangalore traffic. Very good handling. So far took it up only up to 80 kmph on IRR, felt very very stable and didnt even notice it climb up to that speed. Feels like you are going slower than you really are.

Power steering so far is excellent in city conditions. Will check highway usage next month on GQ to Chennai.

Default Audio is acceptable though serious music lovers may opt to change the ICE.

Fuel Economy: So, far the fuel gauge seems to be dipping too fast for my comfort. I was hoping to get 10+ in city conditions. But time will tell.

No ground clearance issue noticed in horrible bangalore road bumpers.

The Airconditioning is very nice and very quick. In general, the remark I made to my wife was "Ideal car for city driving"

Will post a more detailed review after some time.

Vignesh
Old 28th July 2008, 10:58   #104
BHPian

Vignesh, Congratulations on your new car. My Sportz Automatic arrived too today, have to go and do the registration / payment formalities today. Which dealer did you choose btw?
Old 28th July 2008, 11:28   #105
BHPian

Hi Vignesh,

First of All, Congratulations on your purchase. As you are the first person in team-bhp to take delivery of i10 AT, I suggest you start a new thread with your purchase experience and ownership experience and you can continue to update the thread time to time. It will definitely help lot of people looking at i10 AT, including me.

Please update us time to time on your highway driving experience [next month] , about the FE and others. Enjoy your car and Drive safe.

Regards!
Nithi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks