Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 21:59   #121
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the i10 kappa sportz (manual) and found it quite impressive - nice interiors, easy to control and very smooth. The backseat bumpiness some people talked about was not very apparent.
Unfortunately it was a very short test drive - so no more comments.
Old 24th August 2008, 23:13   #122

Hello Everyone,

I have booked my i10 Kappa Asta AT WS GLS (Metallic) around 3-4 weeks back in Mumbai. I am informed that as it is an automatic version, it would take another 2-3 weeks. Can automatic i10 owners (PraveenM / rishia / Vigneshrs) and CtrlAltDel (your friend own's one), tell me what was the dealer / city / wait time for your automatic i10's.

Sunil Chomal
Old 25th August 2008, 10:16   #123
BHPian

Sunil,
I got the Sportz AT from Trident Hyundai / Bangalore / with a wait time of about a week booked it on 21st July, the car arrived at the dealership on 27th and was registered on 29th (took me some more time to take delivery though, but that's another story). These are manufactured at Hyundai's Chennai facility which is near to Bangalore and that is why the quick turnaround, I guess.

BTW an update on the FE, haven't been able to fill it up again but if you go by the needle, it's been driven 200 odd km in about half a tank, which comes out to be 10+ for me.

Rishi
Old 25th August 2008, 14:00   #124

Sunil

From the date of booking to delivery, it was about a week.

Vignesh
Old 26th August 2008, 02:03   #125

Hi All was just checking the specs and realised the i10 does not have anything in safety if you do not buy the one with air bags. no side impact beams, no collapsible steering, neither the manual mentions it. Did hyundai putting them or is there something which they took off to cut costs. Does anyone have the update. I also checked the crash test on some UK website in NCAp it has got a rating of 4 but on a front impact the driver's chest was damaged despite the airbags opening up. They have given it a big no for highways. Does anyone have any idea has hyundai really cut on safety features to lower the cost of the car.
Old 26th August 2008, 10:02   #126

Thank you Rishi & Vignesh for your prompt response. I would get back to you all once a get an update on my Asta Automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshrs View Post
Sunil

From the date of booking to delivery, it was about a week.

Vignesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishia View Post
Sunil,
I got the Sportz AT from Trident Hyundai / Bangalore / with a wait time of about a week booked it on 21st July, the car arrived at the dealership on 27th and was registered on 29th (took me some more time to take delivery though, but that's another story). These are manufactured at Hyundai's Chennai facility which is near to Bangalore and that is why the quick turnaround, I guess.

BTW an update on the FE, haven't been able to fill it up again but if you go by the needle, it's been driven 200 odd km in about half a tank, which comes out to be 10+ for me.

Rishi
Old 1st September 2008, 08:26   #127
BHPian

Risha , vigneshrs

Has any one of you guys completed your first service?
Any improvement on FE? There is this guy who claims 12 kmpl for his i10 magna AT on mouth**** website.

Is Your low FE because of Bangalore Traffic? Or is the review on the mouth**** website to be taken with a pinch of salt?

Also any expert care to comment on the following?

Regards!
Nithi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushdeep View Post
Hi All was just checking the specs and realised the i10 does not have anything in safety if you do not buy the one with air bags. no side impact beams, no collapsible steering, neither the manual mentions it. Did hyundai putting them or is there something which they took off to cut costs. Does anyone have the update. I also checked the crash test on some UK website in NCAp it has got a rating of 4 but on a front impact the driver's chest was damaged despite the airbags opening up. They have given it a big no for highways. Does anyone have any idea has hyundai really cut on safety features to lower the cost of the car.

Last edited by Jaggu : 1st September 2008 at 10:28.
Old 7th September 2008, 01:17   #128
BHPian

Hello tbhpians,
Took test drive of the i10 kappa (sportz) version today, refined engine, the beige interiors loved by my wife, buttery gearbox, however I found that the gearbox console - the u shaped thing! to be touching my knee on flexing it a little bit- which was very irritating. I'm 5'4" tall so such a thing shpuld not happen. was I sitting too close to the dashboard then? however I felt that if i tried to push back the seat- my legs would not have full control on the clutch.
Currently I drive an Indica, and no such problems- can someone tell me what's wrong?
Old 7th September 2008, 13:01   #129
BHPian

Nithi,
Haven't yet completed the first service, it's due in about a months time, although got some FE figures (which still is a rough calculation since the guys at the gas station messed up while doing my second full tank, filled approx 28 lt, but switched off the pump a couple of times, charged me for 23 lt though) so by my guess the tank would have had about 5-7 lt and that way the FE comes out to be between 10 and 11 for me. So 12 definately seems achievable depending on the traffic conditions and driving style, and hopefully it would increase by another 1-2 after servicing.

Also, another update on the car, I took it on the NICE highway for about 40-50 km, it was a pleasure to drive, took it to a max of 120 (although, the car still had a lot for juice left in it at that point, didn't get carried away) but generally did 100 and it didn't feel wobbly or out of control, felt solidly grounded and braking was good too although once in bumper to bumper conditions the brake felt like it had stuck and didn't work properly (not sure what is that called) but after a few minutes it felt like it settled down a bit and started working properly.

Rishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Risha , vigneshrs

Has any one of you guys completed your first service?
Any improvement on FE? There is this guy who claims 12 kmpl for his i10 magna AT on mouth**** website.

Is Your low FE because of Bangalore Traffic? Or is the review on the mouth**** website to be taken with a pinch of salt?

Also any expert care to comment on the following?

Regards!
Nithi.
Old 8th September 2008, 07:55   #130
BHPian

Thanks Rishi for the update. Good that the FE is improving. Please let us know your FE next time, when it is measured correctly.

Regarding braking, Are you running in stock tyres OR have you changed to broader tyres?
OR planning to change ?

Also how is the journey in the back seat? Is it very bumpy for senior citizens? Can you please give your comments on the rear shock absorber in i10?

Drive Safe and Enjoy !!!

Best Regards!
Nithi.
Old 8th September 2008, 11:01   #131
BHPian

I'm running on stock 155/80 R13 tyres just because I got Bridgestones instead of MRF otherwise I was planning to upgrade to Michelin XM1 175/70 R13 . Might change to alloys in the near future though, with the same stock tyres.

Backseat to be very frank hasn't been used at all, but based on the experience with Santro and the instensity of the rear tyre bumps felt in the front, it should be much less bumpier. I guess this should be the same as in i10 manual too (irDE or Kappa) , and based on others reviews here it seems Moms and Dads like the way it is.

Rishi
Old 8th September 2008, 12:33   #132
Senior - BHPian

Good show guys. Now can we have some pics ?!
Old 9th September 2008, 08:40   #133
BHPian

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for the reply. And yeah, it is time for some pictures now.

Do ask the Service Adviser about the your brake problem during your first service and kindly update us. How did you manage to get Bridgestones tyres when the default is MRF tyres? [Or is it not?]

Thanks & Regards!
Nithi.
Old 9th September 2008, 12:13   #134
BHPian

Hi All

I just took delivery of my i10 Kappa Sportz ( Deep ocean Blue ). I got the car delivered two days back from MGF Hyundai in Kottayam. The on road price came up to 4.70L and along with the car i got the ATS ( auto op ) absolutely free, with basic accessories, under body coating and Teflon. ( Teflon was offered but i did not opt for it ).

I have clocked close to 270KM, the gear shift is really smooth and the torque just amazing..I also love the leg and head room the car offers

Soon after delivery i also upgraded the tires from 155/80 R13 (MRF) to alloys on 175/60 R 13. I have clicked a few pics and will upload it shortly !!

Last edited by jango : 9th September 2008 at 12:18.
Old 9th September 2008, 14:20   #135
BHPian

@Jango - Congrats on your new ride, please let us know which alloys did you upgrade to.

@Nithi - Hyundai cars come with both Bridgestone & MRF tyres depending on the which batch of tyres are there in their factory since both are their suppliers, I had insisted on the Bridgestones while doing the booking and probably it was that or by luck that I got what I wanted. The reason was some bad feedback about i10 tyres bursting (particularly MRF).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks