Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2008, 00:03   #1
BHPian

My First Car - The Dark Knight - Black Logan GLX 1.4 Update: 2,500 kms

It's finally here ! Took the delivery of my Logan last Friday.. I must say the transition from the driving school white WagonR to my black Logan has been quite smooth.. no hiccups with booking , delivery etc. OTR after discounts came to around 5.02L. Not too many accessories yet - Mud flaps , floor mats , chrome covers for the door handles and ORVMs. Experience with the dealer was good. The car was delivered very promptly with minimal hassle. They were even very co-operative when I asked them to remove the dealer sticker from the rear window The puja package (complimentary the dealer) however , still lies in the glove compartment.

As this is my first car I really cannot comment on the performance aspects but after 2 days and 200 kms on the odo I must say I'm very satisifed with the car . Ride comfort is super.. space - lots of it , pick up - very satisfactory , especially in higher gears. No performance drop noticed with AC on. Ive sat in the front passenger seat and the leg room is amazing - even for a 6'5" guy like me.. yet to try out the rear seats though.. but my friends vouch for it. FE - still to early to say I guess, figures are 198 km on ~22L as of now.

Over the last 2 days I've mostly been doing practice laps along empty stretches with some city driving thrown in for good measure - both during day and night.. I consider myself very much a newbie still..

I'm trying very hard to drive carefully in the new car..keeping the rpm's to around 2.5k-3k.. although i did rev it once or twice to around 5k to see the acceleration.. in all .. been driving around quite sedately.. with stop-and-go's to get the clutch-accelerator coordination fine tuned.

Have LOTS of accessories/mods on my mind. Will post a list for your feedback and pictures of my car soon.

In the meantime... "I'm lovin' it !" cheers:
Old 22nd July 2008, 00:31   #2
BHPian

good choice z blue congrats. which music system have you decided on?
Also don't forget to post some snaps
Old 22nd July 2008, 00:59   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on the Logan, ZBlue. I hope your enjoying every moment of her

Nice Choice. Post some pictures of the Car!
Old 22nd July 2008, 01:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Post some pictures of the Car!
hey im itching to post pictures but i think there's a post count eligibility criterion for that..and i don't want to spam my way to that.. wonder if picasa web album links are fair though.. mods ?
Old 22nd July 2008, 01:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.

Ashutoshb is your guru
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. FE seems to be a good figure. Enjoy & drive your buddy safely.
Old 22nd July 2008, 07:24   #7
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car ZBlue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post
hey im itching to post pictures but i think there's a post count eligibility criterion for that..and i don't want to spam my way to that.. wonder if picasa web album links are fair though.. mods ?
Please read this for uploading photographs-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-new-post.html
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:36   #8
BHPian

here are a few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car - The Dark Knight - Black Logan GLX 1.4 Update: 2,500 kms-dsc_4061-copy.jpg  

My First Car - The Dark Knight - Black Logan GLX 1.4 Update: 2,500 kms-dsc_4062-copy.jpg  

My First Car - The Dark Knight - Black Logan GLX 1.4 Update: 2,500 kms-dsc_4063-copy.jpg  

My First Car - The Dark Knight - Black Logan GLX 1.4 Update: 2,500 kms-dsc_4064-copy.jpg  

My First Car - The Dark Knight - Black Logan GLX 1.4 Update: 2,500 kms-dsc_4065-copy.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2008, 12:11   #9
BHPian

congrats on your 1.4GLX, trust me the car is very sturdy, dunno much about the Petrol fuel efficiency though. go easy on the revving though, try to keep the rpm below 2500 in all gears.

For a cool trick see this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-variants.html
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Zblue! Nice choice! A very VFM Car!

You get a spacious sedan with a good ride for 5 lacs! Enjoy!
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ZBlue.

Logan is a very capable car for it's price. Hoping to hear a long term review and service reports from you now on.

Enjoy.
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

congrats on the new car mate do continue updating this thread time and again i mean when you put miles on the car, do share the experiences, a good write up i would like read more from this thread.
Old 22nd July 2008, 22:52   #13
BHPian

Thanks for the comments everybody .

Aaj ki khas khabrey - Me and a colleague took our usual route back from work via the NH8 expressway.. with me in the passenger seat as I'm still not confident enough to drive on the expressway.. after a couple of minutes I look at the speedo and it was hovering at 110 .. "felt" like 50 or 60 to me.. my friends goes "it's so smoooooth" but I was like "where's the shaking and shuddering (read feedback)????"...

Niggles - I wonder if this is routine.. but in spite of locking the doors with the door locks.. they open from the inside !!!

About running-in - the manual says to keep the RPM between 3k and 3.5k and thats what i usually stick to.. any reason why i should be maintaining a lower-than-prescribed rpm intially ? Also, as many of you might be knowing, there's no marked redline on the tacho.. so how high can i go on the revs ? (when the time comes , of course !)
Old 23rd July 2008, 03:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
after a couple of minutes I look at the speedo and it was hovering at 110 .. "felt" like 50 or 60 to me.. my friends goes "it's so smoooooth" but I was like "where's the shaking and shuddering (read feedback)????"...
Congrats again Zblue,
thats one of the biggest assets.. its straight line ability even in high speeds. i had 'complained' earlier while trying to touch the max speed (160+ on the odo) that it doesn't feel like a 160
Quote:
Niggles - I wonder if this is routine.. but in spite of locking the doors with the door locks.. they open from the inside !!!
it is there only in the front doors. to me its a plus point. when a front passenger has to get down, i don't have to open all the locks for him.
Quote:
About running-in - the manual says to keep the RPM between 3k and 3.5k and thats what i usually stick to.. any reason why i should be maintaining a lower-than-prescribed rpm intially ? Also, as many of you might be knowing, there's no marked redline on the tacho.. so how high can i go on the revs ? (when the time comes , of course !)
Try to keep the revs below 2k. The 1.4 has slightly less pickup before run-in, so wait for the first service and then floor the pedal. After run-in you can take the revs more than 5k without any problem.
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:35   #15
BHPian

Logan looks the best in Black. Congrats on your new car. Enjoy your ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks