Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2008, 20:47   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

Is the Ford Fiesta 1.6 Diesel Launched ? ?
no im sure he meant 1.4.
Old 23rd July 2008, 20:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
- Like the alloys and the wheels
Eddy, and the difference between the two is??
Old 23rd July 2008, 21:15   #18
BHPian

I think the Sxi and Zxi have better looking beige interiors and they're two tone.Gives a pleasant welcome.The S surely looks sporty but dunno why they have cut out on rear arm rest and other essentials.Please read my ownership review for my side of the story.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...fida-i-am.html
Old 23rd July 2008, 21:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Phew she looks HOT !! Finally ! Good review buddy. Somehow dont like the dials especially the honeycomb background!
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Nice REVIEW there , one Question , what make are those TYRES ?
standard fare Goodyear Eagle NCT 5.

@thread initiator how did you mange so many pics of a TD car ?
Old 24th July 2008, 00:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics of the car. No real detailed report of the car. Just a lot of pics of the car. It sure does looks nice. iam still to TD this baby.
Old 24th July 2008, 10:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

My two bits:

1. Agree with Eddy, the dials don't seem to match the sporty nature of the car.
2. Would have been awesome with leather seats!
3. Ground clearance DOES look very good. Any official figures yet? I have read that they have 'tweaked' the suspension with stiffer dampers etc and upsized tyres but have they RAISED the Sport as well to compensate for the body kit? If you look at the 2nd picture (side view), it seems almost as raised as the Corolla which was specifically modified for India. The picture could be misleading though.
5. Tyre make?
6. Now if only petrol stayed at the 60-odd bucks as it is now.....:-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th July 2008 at 10:23. Reason: Typo
Old 24th July 2008, 10:57   #23
BHPian

Nice pics there AK. Now if you can post your experiences of the test drive..will be appreciated. Eagerly looking forward for the "tested and ripped" TD report

dhaval
Old 24th July 2008, 11:06   #24
BHPian

Nice detailed review!

Car looks great in this colour, This colour is getting very common as premium colour amongst all manufacturers after honda launched this in Civic V
Old 24th July 2008, 11:18   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great detailed pictures. Would have loved a comprehensive driving report though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
I understand that sitting postures do make a difference. All i wanted to know was that is rear seat too upright or what??
I had made exactly the same comment in my Fiesta review at the time of its launch. Found the backseat too upright for comfort. Plus, there isn't much room either.
Old 24th July 2008, 12:58   #26
BHPian

Hello Guys,sorry was too much engrossed with work so could not post the TD completely,I am ex termly sorry for the delay in the driveablity report in the tested & ripped format

Ok guys I had the car for more than 3hrs with me so i got a chance to do a detailed photo shoot,as the car arrived at my office i took it for a small spin.

Driving Pleasure: ok i cranked the engine,the car started with almost no noise,now here i got a little mischievous and tried revving it and after 4k rpm the made a swrill sound and absolutely no vibration inside,i took out the car from my compound on the road,and started driving at a decent speed,WOW was the first impression,great driving pleasure,seating position and steering-wheel is soo comfy to hold,i inquired the sales guy weather we can adjust the steering he assisted me,I adjusted the steering to my comfortness where i can see all the dials visible in front of me.From what i noticed the car is very torquey and quick responsive,the grear shifting is butter smooth and has a short shift feel and when you change you can feel it getting locked in the position,now there's nil vibration in the gear.

Its a great feeling to drive the car with absolute and clear visiblity on the roads,the interior is lavish full black and grey(some how i dont like the beige interior).After sometime we landed to the bandra reclamation,where again my instinct rise up and now i want to feel the speed of this car,i stopped the car at a side,shifted to 1st gear and tried revving it full to its limit wooosh the car revvd happily till the 6k rpm mark and i released the clutch the car screeched a little and zoom speeded away the pull i still could feel in my nerves i remember i shifted to second at 50km and 3rd in 80km and 4th somewhere around 120ish and slowed down as it was a dead-end and had to take a U-turn,in no time the car touched 0-100.All this while i was testing out the speeds and rpm to rpm gear shifts which was no-doubt positive (seems i was drag racing with myself hehehehe).The car holds up the road at high speeds and you can hear the zig-zig-zig-zig grippping sound from the tyres,thanks to the 15inchers,cornering and traction has been improved than the previous fiesta,and yess the suspensions are stiffer,even at a slight turn on good speeds the car does not drag from the rear.I was happy enjoying the drive and thinking that i hope i havn't missed out anything else and then...suddenly i realised about the braking part,i tried braking at about 60km (with knowing no-one at the back) in car just got slow without any skid or slide,thanks to the ABS man this thing is intelligent,if i would have had braked that hard on my esteem it would have gone hay-wire sliding over the road.I reached on the main-road and was just zipping thru the regular traffic the car handles very well and easy to control while zipping thru traffic,i did even cut 2-3 autowallas here hehehehehe,all this while i was thinking if the car has soo much power and quick response and soo much torque the Fuel Efficiency would be dissapointing,I looked at the ODO i had already driven the car more than 14km with high rev's,traffic and even floored it twice,still the fuel indicator moved just a bit.To then i was told the FE would be somwhere in 9.5-11kmpl in the city,now this sounds great power with durability.

Over-all my opinion this car is very speedy and fast,the the more important factor is the FEEL you get while driving, I can vouch for the fact that the Ford Fiesta is designed & engineered for sheer driving pleasure,The A –pillar obstruction was an issue here too.I would suggest you people that if you get a chance go and Test drive it.

Insight:The upholstery and plastics are of very good quality,The dadh-board feel is like soft and the material used it very nice,over-all fit and finish is A+ no like the ikon which had full molded plasticly interiors.The 1.6S comes standard with 15inch alloys and 195/55/R15 GoodYear Tubeless tyres,there is alot cup-holders for keeping glass/bottles.Programmable key-less entry can be programmed into opening only the driver’s side door/ passenger doors/ all 4 doors, as you wish. Also it’s on the key itself cutting off the concept of having an extra remote control dangling along with the key.The steering height is adjustable,all four side power-windows,knob controlled OVRM mirror's.This has a petrol cap release button,unlike the ikons which were always open.The bonnet opener is on the passenger side left-bottom,The car is power-packed with good features,this was the overall experience with the car,anything i could remember more i will post it in the thread,i hope this solves many of the queries posted.Would like to thanks Ford for sending the car and giving me an opportunity to have a look at their product at prompt service,I am definitely looking forward to own this car especially the 1.6S model,its sporty,sexy and fast,and colors options are nice,have a great day.

Cheers

AK

Last edited by katalysm76 : 24th July 2008 at 13:03.
Old 24th July 2008, 13:10   #27
BHPian

As someone mentioned about the position of the rear seat,i would say that front seats height and posture is very much comfortable than the rear seats,I wish they would have given headrest and center hand-rest,the seats no-doubt are soft,comfortable and good fabric,but the neck needs support too,the current headrest is a fixed type.
There is sufficient legroom space,yes of course with these euro styling interiors leather would have given it iceing over the cake but on the website its mentioned in the Accessories section for the Ford Fiesta.

AK

Last edited by katalysm76 : 24th July 2008 at 13:23.
Old 24th July 2008, 13:22   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalysm76 View Post
Leg-room is also not an issue as there is ample space for it
Sorry I could not understand. Did you mean that the rear leg room is sufficient?
Old 24th July 2008, 13:24   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sorry I could not understand. Did you mean that the rear leg room is sufficient?
hey eddy,thanks for pointing it out,its been corrected
Old 24th July 2008, 13:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I would take the 11kmpl in city with a pinch of salt
It is true....my friend's Fiesta (1.6 SXI with ABS, Old model) regularly gives him a mileage of 10.5 - 11 kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks