Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 10:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

See here its a known thing with solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
I also had a suspicion that I was getting some funny noise from the steering when I go over bumps. So I mentioned that to him. We go for a test drive. He confirms the noise and says it is because of a loose pin in the steering idling arm. I dont know what that means. But I was happy that I had noticed something unusual.
See the above link for an update on same.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I notice that the truck feels a bit sluggish after this damper pulley job. Keep at it for a week, and the feeling is the same. I call up the SA and inform him. They send a driver to pick up the vehicle. They send back the vehicle in the evening. It seems the change job was fine, timing is fine. They have checked all the hoses and tightened all connectors and pins. They did notice a choke in the air filter and have cleaned it. But they are unable to point their hand at anything.
Old 4th August 2008, 13:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

DP,

Lovely color and alloys to go with it!

Here's wishing you many miles of happiness with your new Car!

Keep Driving!

cheers!
Old 4th August 2008, 13:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi Strangerintown,

>the rear view camera lets you see whats behind you but since its
> something of a wide angle view it is difficult to gauge the distance.

The query was to cnfirm whther the said unit had a camera in addition to the parking sensors.

If the reverse camera has to make any sense, it has to be a wide angle view. I tried it it with a normal camera and the view is only slightly better than what you get to see through the rear windshield from the driver's seat.

@DaiusPitar
> There is a camera too. In addition there are four sensors giving distance
> measurement.

When I had my Safari, it had a 2 sensor reverse parking system with which I had to make do and as reverse parking cameras were expensive (to me) and was not available locally.

Camera with parking sensors would take away one of the most stressful areas in life with a Safari.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:26   #49
BHPian

Congratulations Dude on the upgrade!
Old 4th August 2008, 22:11   #50
BHPian

Hey DP, nicely written Service experience. Glad to hear that the guys are taking extra care and going beyond to satisfy the customer. I'm yet to read your travelogue. will post comments there .

Bugs
Old 5th August 2008, 11:05   #51
BHPian

Request Mumbai Safari owners again to help me guide to a reliable Tata Dealer in Mumbai. I have had discussions with Wasan Motors, Borivili and Han Motors. They are yet give me a quote a week after test drive. Wondering if they are interested in selling.

Last edited by wheelsNsqueals : 5th August 2008 at 11:06. Reason: typo
Old 5th August 2008, 15:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Request Mumbai Safari owners again to help me guide to a reliable Tata Dealer in Mumbai. I have had discussions with Wasan Motors, Borivili and Han Motors. They are yet give me a quote a week after test drive. Wondering if they are interested in selling.
I'm surprised that the dealers arent bothering to revert with a quote ! I would imagine that a prospective Safari customer would be top priority at a Tata Motors show room.

You can talk to Fortune Motors, Powai - the concerned person is Gautam Julka or to Han Motors Andheri (Manoj Rathod). They should be able to help you out.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
I'm surprised that the dealers arent bothering to revert with a quote ! I would imagine that a prospective Safari customer would be top priority at a Tata Motors show room.

You can talk to Fortune Motors, Powai - the concerned person is Gautam Julka or to Han Motors Andheri (Manoj Rathod). They should be able to help you out.
The safari sales in North Mumbai around Brivali are not very good. Lot of people come for test drives only any no real buys. The wasan sales @ borivili is more intrested in small car sales and a safari buyer is looked upon with considerable apprehension.
Contact Wasan @ marine lines for a v good safari sales experience and then you can service your vehicle at the wasan kandivili centre after your purchase.
The man to speak to at Wasan marine lines is Neeraj Gabija. you will get a quote on the spot.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 5th August 2008 at 17:49.
Old 5th August 2008, 18:11   #54
BHPian

You made me remember my old landlord, who also upgraded from M800 to Safari and faced few problems initially because he used to drive his truck in the sameway as he was still driving M800 but soon he realised that this truck needs more space on roads and needs to be driven carefaully because he had met with three accidents in one month.
Old 6th August 2008, 10:39   #55
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I kinda got the idea abt the lock, but cant say yes for sure. If you have done the same, mind posting a pic?
Yes I do have the same, and here's the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally upgraded from M800...To Safari 2.2-house-031.jpg  

Finally upgraded from M800...To Safari 2.2-house-033.jpg  

Old 6th August 2008, 16:57   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Actually, our choice would have been cycus grey if we had settled for the LX. However, I didnt find it that appealing when stretched to the claddings too.

I agree with you. I am planning on the top grade for the windshield and the lower grade for the other windows. Money is the criterion here too. Unfortunately, even for this combo the package works out to 20K in Bangalore. How much is it in Pune?
Cycus grey is our colour

Huper Optik - Highest range for windshield ~ Rs. 8K - Rs. 9K. The lower range for the sides and back ~ Rs.4K - 5K.
Huper Optik are sold/serviced thro' Opulent technologies. B'lore should also be thro' them.

EDIT: I also use same locking system for spare tyre as ADC has shown.

Last edited by kingshukt : 6th August 2008 at 16:59.
Old 9th August 2008, 23:55   #57
BHPian

Thanks Stanger and Jay. Iwill get in touch with the Wasan, Marine Lines and also Fortune, Powai. I am already in touch with Manoj at Han Motors, but I have come across a really bad review of Han in a car website. I think it is carazoo. Anyone with any experience of Han or Wasan? Wasan, Borivili has finally given me a quote of 10.78 on road, corporate purchase with Mumbai registration for Ex. That includes a 10k corporate discount and have promised another 10K in dealer discount and accessories like mud flaps and sun film. I thought mudflaps were always a part of the package. Right now, I am negotiating with them. Manoj called up yesterday and said he's going to submit his quote, but nothing from him yet. As advised, let me check up with Wasan, Marine Lines and Fortune, Powai.
Old 24th August 2008, 13:03   #58
BHPian

Took the plunge!

I have finally taken the plunge and booked a pearl white Safari 2.2VTT 2X4 VX yesterday from Wasan Motors, Borivili. It should be delivered in about 10 days after completion of paper work and release of PO from my office.

I have got a 10K corporate discount and 10K worth of accesories including mud flaps, floor mats, sun film, anti rust and polymer coating. Will have to check if this works out to 10k or I can get some more stuff. I have asked for reverse sensors.

Initially I wasn't even considering Safari, till I came across the threads in t-bhp and the SUV bug bit me. A major convincing act was required to get my wife's nod and she too loved it after a test ride. I am now eagerly waiting for the delivery and when I can surprise my friends. Ah, I can see the envy in their eyes as they appreciate the beast !

Finally a big thank you to all my fellow bhp-ians for helping me to decide.

(Mods - I hope this the right thread since this was deleted from the other one where I had posted)
Old 26th August 2008, 19:31   #59
BHPian

Pre-registration PDI

Now that I have booked my Safari, I can't wait till she gets delivered. I pushed the dealer to get him to agree to a visit to their stockyard, which I will do early next week.

Should I look for anything specific in relation to common problematic issues in Safari ro do a standard PDI? Would love to have your inputs.
Old 4th November 2008, 19:08   #60
BHPian

I have been out of TBHP for quite a while now. Actually, since my last post and travelogue, I have been completely swamped by work till around September end.

Belated congrats, wheelsNsqueals. I just finished reading your thread.

@ adc and Kingshukt, I have since gotten myself a spare lock of the kind you have shown.

I have not gotten around to upgrading the sunfilm yet, though I now really feel the need for good ones. Especially on the front windshield.

I got myself some fabric seat covers since my last post. While the fitting may not be the best, the material is of good quality, very comfortable and also blends in perfectly with the interiors of the EX.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally upgraded from M800...To Safari 2.2-080806-001.jpg  

Finally upgraded from M800...To Safari 2.2-080806-002.jpg  

Finally upgraded from M800...To Safari 2.2-080806-003.jpg  

Most Viewed