Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2008, 01:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
What other things??
I hope he doesn't mind my giving this out. He mentioned about bundling the Green Cotton Storm Filter with the dynamisation kit (I have no idea whatsoever the latter is) with the box. And that's a really generous thing on his part. Looking forward to grab this offer as soon as I can.

Cheers
Old 4th August 2008, 10:38   #17
BHPian

Awesome! Congratulations on the new car and great choice. Welcome to the Magnum World and enjoy your rides and say goodbye to everybody on the red lights.
Old 4th August 2008, 10:40   #18
BHPian

Guys i also test drove the Magnum a short while back.
Its an absolute delight to drive.
However i felt vibrations in the clutch pedal when the car was standstill. Is it normal for a diesel car or was it beacuse the one i drove was a test drive car?
By the way, Congrats on your new purchase.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
I hope he doesn't mind my giving this out. He mentioned about bundling the Green Cotton Storm Filter with the dynamisation kit (I have no idea whatsoever the latter is) with the box. And that's a really generous thing on his part. Looking forward to grab this offer as soon as I can.

Cheers
Arrey wah!!
But, the dyna kit WILL void the warranty. The stock air filter box has to be dismantled to fit the universal filter. Beware!
Old 4th August 2008, 14:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Arrey wah!!
But, the dyna kit WILL void the warranty. The stock air filter box has to be dismantled to fit the universal filter. Beware!

Any idea shuvd about how is the kit gona make a difference to the output..??
Old 4th August 2008, 16:03   #21
BHPian

Chevy Optra Magnum LS TCDi, not TDCi.

Seems like you're a Ford man still
Old 4th August 2008, 16:18   #22
BHPian

Yes I wanted to point that out too... He still unconsciously thinks ford. His 1.6 rocam impression will last a lifetime.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th August 2008 at 16:54. Reason: Font tag
Old 4th August 2008, 16:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstalk_230 View Post
Any idea shuvd about how is the kit gona make a difference to the output..??
Thing is, better filters are always recommended with the dubba. Green doesn't make stock replacement filters for the Magnum. Hence the universal filter with the Wind/Storm dynamitasion kit. The kits usually are routed to the front of the engine bay. Search around the forum. You'll find pictures.
Old 21st August 2008, 14:08   #24
BHPian

Hi obed,
Have you received your Magnum? I am still waiting for mine. How much did you pay for Cashless offer and also for things like mud flaps?
Old 21st August 2008, 16:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchounal View Post
Hi obed,
Have you received your Magnum? I am still waiting for mine. How much did you pay for Cashless offer and also for things like mud flaps?

in my case, i did not opt for cashless offer as it was not available then. i got mud flaps, floor mats and boot mat free
Old 21st August 2008, 16:31   #26
BHPian

Throttleking/vchounal

One question. Have the chaged the design of the sump guard for the new models

Deepu
Old 21st August 2008, 18:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your booking. Optra Magnum is a great car. Do update us on your experience with the dealer and of course some photos...
Old 21st August 2008, 18:39   #28
BHPian

@obed5579 - Good choice and i rate Optra Magnum as one of the best diesel cars in the segment. A stretch would have fetched you the top end with ABS/Airbags + leather + auto climate control. I did read this car would be more of city driven but with a rocket like car and the diesel advantage may easily tempt you to do more of long drives

Enjoy your ride and do post some pics

Regards
Old 22nd August 2008, 10:21   #29
BHPian

Thanks for your messages

Hi,
Thank for your comments and sorry for not replying to you messages. I took delivery of the car on Aug 7th and then got caught up with a lot of work and Aug 15 being a holiday, was a long holiday weekend.

The good and wow part:

Well geting back to the car - Man its a pleasure, its power, torque, drive and comfort is simply awesome.
Its living upto this its motto - "Powered to take on the road" it really has the Power that never lets you down. It has a lot of power left in each of the gears.

Its car that will satisfy you on either ways - you drive or be driven around.

I haven't ripped it yet. have only touched 100Kmh occasionally, just wanting the engine to set in during the first 1000 km, and after the first services I am planning to "unleash hell". FE is pretty good, I got around 13km/l mostly driving in Chennai traffic.

Price discounts and freebies
Price: 10.7
Discounts: 40k
freebies:
  1. normal stuff like floor mats, mud flap
  2. paint protection coating,
  3. mock leather seat covers
  4. reverse sensors.
The not so good part:
This Monday the A/C just didn't work. Took the car to Sundaram motor and they asked me to leave the car with them as this was the first time they received a complaint that A/C was not working and wanted to do a proper check up. I was ok with it and I had not other choice. They fixed the problem and gave the car back in the evening. The problem was related to some O-Ring Nut that was not ok and all the A/C gass escaped. It seems they had to send some photos to the GM office related to this.

Now, everything is working fine and I'm enjoying my drive again.

mjothi~ The reception at Sundaram motors was good and when they were convinced that I was a serious buyer they really went all out and treated me like a king from answering my queries to arranging my test drives to a tour of their service center.

ballkey~ thanks for the correction. yup its hard to let go of the Ford IKON its a good car.

Will post the pictures soon.
Old 22nd August 2008, 14:08   #30
BHPian

Congratulations. I am still waiting for my car. As per the dealer (Padam Motors, Ludhiana, Punjab)the car left Halol factory on Monday last (11 August). He said it will take about a week for car to reach him in Ludhiana due to heavy rains enroute. Then he told me that the trailer carrying the car had a brakedown at Jaipur on Monday and it will be loaded in another trailer. The second trailer (after loading the car) is on its way to Ludhiana but he doesn't know where it is right now and when he will be able to deliver the car. I think he is making a fool of me. I have approached GM's Helpline to let me know by today evening as to when the car had actually left Halol. I am so frustrated with the whole waiting. Worst part is that I have already sold my old car and I am without any vehicle for more than a week.

Most Viewed