Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 22:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Thanks for all those wishes. She is sure a VFM car - good to drive around and better if you have a chaffeur. Being a TATA car there are sure some quality glitches - irregular panel gaps, squeaking horn switch, ill-fitted rear window beadings. But overall it is a very comfortable car that everyone in the family enjoys riding.

The first tank full has returned me a FE of around 9.5 - AC always on 100% city traffic. I have not taken her out on any long drive - so haven't used the 5th gear yet. Max speed rached so far is 55 kmph only. Maybe that is why she drank so much of fuel.

Pending dress up
- Seat Covers - I don't want her beige fabric skin to be dirtied by my 4 year old
- Floor mats - the FOC mat is no good.
- Sun film - the tint in her glasses are not enough for Chennai Sun.
Congratulations and welcome to thet Tata family of cars! It's a real VFM car. Barring few finer points like panel gaps and minor squeaks, it gives me immense pleasure to ride these cars from indica/indigo family. It absorbs all sorts of shocks from any damn potholes.

Don't worry about the FE, though for a diesel it seems to be a bit low. In my town, I can hardly reach for the 5th gear. I own a petrol version of Indigo CS. The mileage is roughly 9.5 km/l in my case.
Old 10th August 2008, 00:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
The first tank full has returned me a FE of around 9.5 - AC always on 100% city traffic. I have not taken her out on any long drive - so haven't used the 5th gear yet. Max speed rached so far is 55 kmph only. Maybe that is why she drank so much of fuel.
This seems to be less. - keep an eye on it and go to the A.S.S. if this persists. You should be getting between 11.5 and 12.5 with AC on all the time.
Old 10th August 2008, 03:39   #18
BHPian

Congrats!!!

Quote:
At last I have taken delivery of the Indigo XL DICOR Classic. A real beauty with a shining Royal Burgundy coat.
Congrats dude. Welcome to TBHP and the TATA club. Good choice of color there and it suits the car well.

Quote:
But got her a nice little bump on the rear fender last saturday. .
The 1st dent / scratch is always the most painful one. Now that you have gotten over with it, you can be more relaxed on the roads . Awaiting more pics of your interiors with the floor mats etc.

Bugs
Old 21st August 2008, 20:15   #19
BHPian

Hi Chandru any update on FE? I am consistantly getting 18+ with A/C for approx 50% city and 50% highway right from first filling. Waiting for your update on FE. Have you completed running in?

Last edited by Bouncer : 21st August 2008 at 20:17.
Old 21st August 2008, 20:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

The car looks great. The FE sure is a major concern. Maybe it may improve after 1st service. For seat covers, you may opt for a art leather biege colour covers, floor mats your choice and sun film go for 3M or Garware.
Old 22nd August 2008, 13:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Hi Chandru any update on FE? I am consistantly getting 18+ with A/C for approx 50% city and 50% highway right from first filling. Waiting for your update on FE. Have you completed running in?
She is still doing at around 12 only. Mine is a pure city commute done mostly on 2nd and 3rd with AC 100%. Plus I think it has to do with my driver's style of handling her too. I think it is probably due to fuel brand too - the first two fills were premium Diesel - am not sure what was filled in last week when I was out of town.
Done around 1.2k so far - sending her for the first service next week. Haven't been able to take her onto the highways due to some busy schedules. Will ask the T.A.S.S to check her for FE as well.
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> She is still doing at around 12 only. Mine is a pure city commute done mostly > on 2nd and 3rd with AC 100%.

Looks okay for the above driving conditions.

> Will ask the T.A.S.S to check her for FE as well.

They would give a fabulous report as it would give a good result in controlled conditions. If this is a paid test, wait until you get a chance to unwind her on a highway and get a proper highway mileage of yours.

Is your town running for short durations? How much is your town running dialy?
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:40   #23
BHPian

Useful post by Ram on FE and driving style

Chandru, Since you referred to FE having to do with driving style, please refer to this post on FE by Distinguished BHPian - Ram.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...tml#post250837

I found it useful. Was following most of it though. His inputs about light foot driving plus changing gears and remaining in them for right time have noticable effect on FE.
Old 22nd August 2008, 19:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

> She is still doing at around 12 only. Mine is a pure city commute done mostly > on 2nd and 3rd with AC 100%.

Looks okay for the above driving conditions.

> Will ask the T.A.S.S to check her for FE as well.

They would give a fabulous report as it would give a good result in controlled conditions. If this is a paid test, wait until you get a chance to unwind her on a highway and get a proper highway mileage of yours.

Is your town running for short durations? How much is your town running dialy?
Town running is about 50-60 Kms/day. 4 short trips of 5 kms (roundtrip) each and two trips of 16 kms (roundtrip) each. As you said, I am waiting to unwind her on a highway - I will probably do it this weekend.
Old 22nd August 2008, 19:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Chandru, Since you referred to FE having to do with driving style, please refer to this post on FE by Distinguished BHPian - Ram.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...tml#post250837

I found it useful. Was following most of it though. His inputs about light foot driving plus changing gears and remaining in them for right time have noticable effect on FE.
Thanks. That was an excellent thread.
Old 25th August 2008, 15:53   #26
BHPian

drove her in 5th gear at last after 1350 Kms

Have got the Sun film done - Garware Classic Lite RTO approved - 50% Heat Rejection for windows and 45% for the rear. 70% VLT. Cost - 2k.

Took her out for a long drive - not a real long one by TBHP standards but long enough to drive for 10-15 kms on 5th gear at speeds above 80kmph. Seems to be pretty good in her pick up as well as handling. Noise levels were particularly low - but was compensated by the 4 brats on board (my 2 juniors and my brother's). Ride was quite comfy and the A/c was very effective though yesterday was hot and humid. Sun Film was very effective. Had to cut trip short coz of low fuel and dry petrol bunks all along.

She will go for her first service on 27 Aug
Old 26th August 2008, 12:51   #27
BHPian

Some pics after the interior work

Got her Seat covers done yesterday. Budget constraints allowed me to choose only a PU Seat cover. Got a Biege color that matched the stock color scheme. Attached are pics of the interors - last pic shows the plastic mat that was installed to save damage to the original Felt floor mat - Not a neat job; will be getting it corrected this weekend.

Cost - Seat Covers - 4.5k
Plastic flooring - 2k
Attached Thumbnails
New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 12 month update on pg. 5-image018.jpg  

New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 12 month update on pg. 5-image019.jpg  

New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 12 month update on pg. 5-image020.jpg  

New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 12 month update on pg. 5-image015.jpg  

Old 29th August 2008, 13:17   #28
BHPian

update after 1600kms

Took stock yesterday - average FE upto first service (1540 kms) works out to 10.65 kpl.

Driving conditions - 100% city traffic, AC Always on - max 3rd gear rarely on 4th. Trip distances range from 4 kms to 8 kms at a stretch. Average daily run 60 kms. Chaffeur driven probably his driving style is one reason.

Also noticed yesterday that idle rpm is always close to 1000 irrespective of AC on or off (see pic attached). Also when AC is switched off, rpm momentarily goes past 1k mark before returning to the idle rpm position. Is this normal with TATA DICOR engine or is something wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
New Indigo XL Classic DICOR delivered. EDIT : 12 month update on pg. 5-image002.jpg  

Old 29th August 2008, 15:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

That's a nice deal and good pics of the seat covers. Are you a clutch driver by any chance? The FE looks to be a little low. Maybe a couple of kmpl.

Regardng the rpm meter it is common. Hence no need t worry. All cars rpms will be around 1000 rpm when normal idling.
Old 29th August 2008, 15:33   #30
BHPian

congrats on the new interior work.

the rear seat covers do not seem to be a proper fit - looks loose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks