Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2008, 19:11   #1
BHPian

My Indica V2 Turbo DLX (two weeks, 1000km and 1 service later)

I had settled on a diesel hatch and my options boiled down to the Indica Turbo DLX and the Palio SDX. (I am not fond of the swift)

After TD'ing both and comparing the numbers, I settled on the Indica. Booked a black one and got delivery about a week after making the full payment. The dealership offered about 30k cash discount and 6k of accessories. I picked up a JVC HU (w/USB) and 4 JBL spkrs GT5 402 & 693 from Reliance Digital, Vashi which I got installed at the time of taking delivery.

I got the car back after the first service today and it was a pleasant experience except that while driving back I found the ride to be a bit harder than usual, when I checked the tyre pressures at a petrol pump, I found that the TASC people had filled the tyres to DICOR spec.

I am getting around 15kmpl with 100% AC. Although I am not exceeding 90 during the running in period, it feels solidly planted on the road. Fit and finish leave something to be desired, but otherwise the interiors are spacious and comfy and I don't feel tired or achy after driving long distances. The engine does not feel sluggish and I love the burst of power as soon as the tacho crosses 2k . The clutch, however needs getting used to as it is pretty hard. The gearshift was hard and rubbery during the initial hundred km or so but now it feels smooth and precise.

I did manage to bend one rim however after running into a pothole I failed to spot :(. 70 rupees to fix and rebalance the wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
My Indica V2 Turbo DLX (two weeks, 1000km and 1 service later)-22072008442.jpg  

My Indica V2 Turbo DLX (two weeks, 1000km and 1 service later)-24072008446.jpg  

My Indica V2 Turbo DLX (two weeks, 1000km and 1 service later)-24072008447.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2008, 22:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Precise narration.
The discount offered is good.
What did the ICE unit cost you ?

And is that 15kmpl with 100 % A/C is for city or highway or combined ?
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ah, welcome to the club. Too bad some of the finer points of the DLX like the blackened B pillars and Body coloured ORVM's arent noticeable due to the black colour . Time to update your sig

some advice -
use regular diesel during run in
when starting up in the mornings , wait for 10 seconds after the light goes. ( usually this advice is given out to all new Diesel indica/indigo owners by our expert trrk ). makes it start up much easier.

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd August 2008 at 23:09.
Old 4th August 2008, 16:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi teknophobia,

> After TD'ing both and comparing the numbers, I settled on the Indica.

Congrats!

> I did manage to bend one rim however after running into a pothole I failed > to spot :(. 70 rupees to fix and rebalance the wheel.

Alloys are the way to go to be free of the 'bending rims'! See that you don't brake into the potholes.

> usually this advice is given out to all new Diesel indica/indigo owners by
> our expert trrk. makes it start up much easier.

Greenhorn, I will let it go this time!!

The advice is inherited from someone else.
Old 4th August 2008, 18:55   #5
BHPian

15 kmpl @ 100% AC, highway/city about half half. The ICE unit cost me about 12.5k including installation. I am using regular diesel and I don't let it empty beyond half tank. I haven't had any startup issues even though I don't wait the 10 seconds. I do religiously give the engine a minute before moving off and a minute before turning it off. My daily drive is between 80 to 110 KMs.

Quote:
Ah, welcome to the club. Too bad some of the finer points of the DLX like the blackened B pillars and Body coloured ORVM's arent noticeable due to the black colour . Time to update your sig
Heh, I still prefer the black one over any other colour, though by the time I reach office it looks like its taken part in a rally
Old 4th August 2008, 19:21   #6
Team-BHP Support

Its OT, but do you work in the IT sector by any chance? Actually I was trying to make it out from your ID tag but the photo is too shaky for that.
Old 4th August 2008, 19:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

according to his profile , he seems to be a legal eagle
Old 5th August 2008, 17:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
according to his profile , he seems to be a legal eagle
^QFT. I am kinda curious, why the IT sector?

I found out today that the spare wheel that came with the car is 13" whereas the others are 14". And I actually drove it for over 300 KMs with one 13" wheel, that too one of the front ones. I have to take it up with Tata.
Old 5th August 2008, 19:54   #9
BHPian

Somewhat OT, but I had great fun while coming back home today:

Picture this: Sion Panvel Highway, the stretch near Kharghar, Raining cats and dogs and around 7:15 so completely dark and me driving the Indica at 100 KMPH with the Mission Impossible theme on
Old 7th August 2008, 10:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Enjoy your car.

This one car I enjoyed to the most
Old 7th August 2008, 10:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

I figured he thought you were in IT because it is mostly the IT types which go around wearing ID's

PS : @ the 13" spare. I need to check mine as well.

didnt the car pull to one side with the diff sized wheel ?

Once the turbo kicks in , driving is a lot of fun ... makes one yearn for the highways !

Last edited by greenhorn : 7th August 2008 at 10:35.
Old 12th August 2008, 11:07   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I figured he thought you were in IT because it is mostly the IT types which go around wearing ID's

PS : @ the 13" spare. I need to check mine as well.

didnt the car pull to one side with the diff sized wheel ?

Once the turbo kicks in , driving is a lot of fun ... makes one yearn for the highways !

Everyone's waking up to security issues these days, access cards have become mandatory nearly everywhere esp. where sensitive info is dealt with.

I took the car to the service centre, the spare's getting replaced with the correct one, no hassle on my part. They said that this is the first time this has happened and come to their notice. The car did pull to one side, but I didn't really notice as minor corrections I tend to do automatically. .

The turbo boost feels awesome and I am usually in 3rd by the time I cross 2k, the acceleration is fast enough to push you into the seat, not to mention zooming up steep inclines .

p.s. I crossed 1.5k km yesterday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks