Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 19:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

hey, just noticed the front numberplate on the side and not the center. is this the stock location or did you have it placed there ?
Old 4th August 2008, 19:59   #32
BHPian

@All.. Thanks you so much guys.

I would like to answer some quesries here.

The LENSOs are 100 PCDs. My search for 98 PCD wheels ended up in vain.

The wheels + tyres - buyback = ~28k

The plates are quite common in Bangalore and Cochin these days. I told the guy to make me a pair of "IND" number plates, and he got it done. It will cost u easily 900 bucks. Usually they (showroom guys) drill the front bumper and fix the plates there. I asked them not to fix the normal plates. It is just a double sided sticker holding it on the side.

I am getting only 13-14 KMPL in city with AC. That is not because of the 14" wheels. I hope it will get improved after 1st or second service.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 4th August 2008, 21:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

You got a set of 14" Lenso's Tom?? That's really interesting, I was under the impression that Lenso does not manufacture any wheels under 15" size.

P.S. I checked their site again & couldn't find anything in 14".
Old 4th August 2008, 21:43   #34
BHPian

Quick question!

Is there any spoilers available for Palio Style? Can we fix the old Palio's spoiler to MJD? (Without changing the rear wind screen)

Are the side skirts (fiber - black in color) of the old Palio is available anywhere? Can we fix them on MJD?

Is there any good builders who can make spoiler, and skirts (Lips - front, rear and sides) in Bangalore? My biggest concern is, they should not look like "local" aftermarket products. And how much will it cost?

Thanks in advance.

Tom.
Old 4th August 2008, 21:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
You got a set of 14" Lenso's Tom?? That's really interesting, I was under the impression that Lenso does not manufacture any wheels under 15" size.
Yes, it is available. This is the only design available in 14". The wheel is present in the LENSO catalog as well. The same design comes in white and hyper silver.

PS: And right now, this is the only one white alloy I could find in the market, in 14". There are plenty in 15" and 16".

Last edited by TomRider : 4th August 2008 at 21:54.
Old 4th August 2008, 21:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Wooooooooot!!! Thats a sweet ride

Congrats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
Is there any good builders who can make spoiler, and skirts (Lips - front, rear and sides) in Bangalore? My biggest concern is, they should not look like "local" aftermarket products. And how much will it cost?
Do some googling for bodykits on Palio's in Europe and Brazil and you can get hold of a design.

Projectdiablo on this forum had his lancer done recently so you can check with him for the costs and the contact person in Bangalore.
Old 4th August 2008, 22:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Brilliant.... and to be very frank I still like the interiors. They are not as bad as they are made out to be in the forum.
The interiors would have looked better had they changed the instrument cluster and also added the digital tripmeter.

@Tom , your car looks awesome nice choice of alloys! Seems like Palio MJD is doing quite well in Bangalore.
Old 5th August 2008, 07:44   #38
BHPian

Hi Tom,
As mentioned in my other post.I saw a white MJD at Concorde yesterday,it had Lenso alloys and a spoiler which looks great on MJD white that too.The spoiler is similar to the one which came in GTX.But you need not drill holes in the windshield,its just fixed.I know the place where he has bought it.

Vignesh
1.2 Siena ELX
Old 5th August 2008, 08:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Tom, great looking car and congrats on owning the beauty. The photos are crystal clear and speak volumes on your feelings! Guess you used an SLR for taking them.

As for the alloys, man, I feel jealous of you and feel sick of my own alloys now (lenso black)

On the mileage, I wonder why the same MJD on a 14" must give only 13-14, for me I got easily 16-17 with AC with 15 inchers (lenso + michelin energy). Even till date I get 16+ with 50% ac in city. Actually the ac usage doesnt matter for me, I tend to get 16 most times.

Keep the thread going with more pics! good luck.
Old 5th August 2008, 08:34   #40
BHPian

I think that 14 inchers is a recent addition to Lenso's range. I too got the same pattern 14" in my swift - but in hyper silver.

- skb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

Old 5th August 2008, 08:37   #41
BHPian

congrats on your palio mjd tom.

Is 28k price for tyres+wheels is for a set of 4 or 5 alloys ?

With the same tyres/wheels combo, i hardly get more than 15 kmpl (25% a/c) in Bangalore with Swift D.

- skb.

Quote:
@All.. Thanks you so much guys.

I would like to answer some quesries here.

The LENSOs are 100 PCDs. My search for 98 PCD wheels ended up in vain.

The wheels + tyres - buyback = ~28k

The plates are quite common in Bangalore and Cochin these days. I told the guy to make me a pair of "IND" number plates, and he got it done. It will cost u easily 900 bucks. Usually they (showroom guys) drill the front bumper and fix the plates there. I asked them not to fix the normal plates. It is just a double sided sticker holding it on the side.

I am getting only 13-14 KMPL in city with AC. That is not because of the 14" wheels. I hope it will get improved after 1st or second service.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 5th August 2008, 11:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
On the mileage, I wonder why the same MJD on a 14" must give only 13-14, for me I got easily 16-17 with AC with 15 inchers (lenso + michelin energy).
Sriky, Tom bought his car just a week back, we need to wait until the 2nd service (1st Service is just a check-up) to know his Palio MJD's real FE, which should be at par with Swift D.
Old 5th August 2008, 11:34   #43
BHPian

Hi Tom,
What are the modifications done to fit 100 PCD alloys on the MJD?
Old 5th August 2008, 11:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Sriky, Tom bought his car just a week back, we need to wait until the 2nd service (1st Service is just a check-up) to know his Palio MJD's real FE, which should be at par with Swift D.
Excellent Pictures Tom; Treasure the beauty. Keep the Rev's under 3K RPM and engine would be nicely setup;

OT : But any news of Fiat 500's in Bangy?
Old 5th August 2008, 11:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tom,

Just would like to update on the License plate...

The Central government had in 2001 proposed introduction of high-security plates in order to curb car thefts and prevent terrorists from using stolen cars with fake number plates. The Supreme Court ordered that such plates should be introduced in all states by 2006.

Mumbai was supposed to be the first metro to have the plates that will have a chrominum-based hologram, a laser-branded permanent identification number and other special security features, according to state officials.

However till date I dont see them...on roads. These days Cops are rounding ppl for having differences in their license plates...

So i'm not sure if such license plate like yours IF made from outside would be LEGAL in RTO terms!

Security features of the new plates:-

• A chromium-based hologram will be hot-stamped on the plate

• A permanent identification number will be laser-branded into the plate's reflective sheeting

• The legend 'IND' will be impressed by hot-stamping or will be embedded into the plate's film to ensure a 'country uniform identity.'

• The above three features will make duplication difficult or near-impossible, experts say

• Even if the number plate is removed by thieves, there's going to be a way to catch them and spot your car: CCTVs and sensors set up at various spots in the city will record an image of the car if the sensors do not find the plate

Cheers~

Last edited by rudrah : 5th August 2008 at 11:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks