Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 13:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Bardahl Special Duty can only be used at min 20k KM as per TATA (see link above). Ask for a refund and a written letter from Prerana that this will not damage the engine and VOID the warranty for non-conformance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I got my car serviced 2 days ago for the 15K KM. I was out of station and hence my friend took it to Prerana Motors. The Total bill amount came to Rs 6000 for the so called free service.

The following are the costs:

Engine Oil Castrol CH4 -----------: 1734
Differential Oil EP 140 Castrol -----: 396
Coolant Top up ------------------: 60
Brake Fluid ----------------------: 24
Assy Fuel Filter Delphi -----------: 2163
Bardahl Special Duty ------------: 444
Assy Oil Filter -------------------: 161
Fuel Filter Cartridge Renew ------: 250
Misc (Grease, WD40, Cotton..) --: 85
Total VAT on parts -------------: 629
Service tax ---------------------: 30

Total: Rs 5976

Is the dealer cheating on me? if yes whom should I complain?
I was getting very low average of around 9kmpl on highways for the past 2 months. I think the Diesel Filter Assy was changed due to that. When looking at the individual costs everything looks ok, but a final bill of Rs 6000 for a free service doesn't look ok for me.

What do you guys say?
Old 10th September 2008, 13:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Usually,the protocol is that Service advisor while opening the Job Card tells user about the additives/flush to be used

And its the user who has to decide whether its to be used or not.

If they have used it without asking,then it is bad
Old 10th September 2008, 15:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi Holyghost,

> Differential Oil EP 140 Castrol -----: 396

Is this a top up? is there a differential oil change at 15K for Safari?
Old 10th September 2008, 15:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yes its a scheduled change at 15k/ 1 yr service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Holyghost,

Old 10th September 2008, 23:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Usually,the protocol is that Service advisor while opening the Job Card tells user about the additives/flush to be used

And its the user who has to decide whether its to be used or not.

If they have used it without asking,then it is bad
The fact is I was out of station and it was my friend who gave it for service. The only doubt I have is for the Assy Fuel Filter (Delphi) which came to Rs 2500 including Tax and labour. Was it really required? Its true that I had complained about low mileage. But is that a part of 1st service or did they change it because I complained about low mileage?
Old 10th September 2008, 23:20   #36
BHPian

And BTW, what is that Fuel filter assy? My friend was saying that they changed it from Bosch to Delphi or something like that.
I need to visit the service advisor and clarify everything once I reach bangalore on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Holyghost,

Mine is a 4x4. Not sure if its required at 15K service for 4x2 versions.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th September 2008 at 23:34. Reason: Use multi quote please
Old 11th September 2008, 09:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Its what it says, it filters the diesel before being fed into the engine. I think they are now using sealed assemblies, earlier it was only the membrane replacement inside the casing. That should be the reason for the cost.

Quote:
And BTW, what is that Fuel filter assy? My friend was saying that they changed it from Bosch to Delphi or something like that.
Good you pointed it out, for 4x4 they should have replaced the oil for both front/ rear axle. Perhaps they didnt notice its a 4x4, get it done once you are there.

Quote:
Mine is a 4x4. Not sure if its required at 15K service for 4x2 versions.
Old 27th September 2008, 15:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishlesh View Post
Have observed moisture in LHS Head Lamps of my vehicle - and the same is not drying for last fortnight.

Also have observed the same in couple of other 2.2 l Safaris accross the city.

Ishlesh
  • Got my LHS Head Lamp replaced yesterday - FOC under Warranty. But had to follow up for about 2 weeks - as Joshi Autozone claimed unavailability of above part.
  • Also got the Wiper Jet Water Bottle replaced (under warranty) - noticed leakage in the same.
As per Joshi too - both of these are common problems observed in the Vehicle, with moisture in Head-Lamp being the major one.
Old 28th September 2008, 22:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
  • Got my LHS Head Lamp replaced yesterday - FOC under Warranty. But had to follow up for about 2 weeks - as Joshi Autozone claimed unavailability of above part.
  • Also got the Wiper Jet Water Bottle replaced (under warranty) - noticed leakage in the same.
As per Joshi too - both of these are common problems observed in the Vehicle, with moisture in Head-Lamp being the major one.
I have faced this issue too and got the headlamp replaced under warranty. I am scared what if this happens out of warranty, the parts are so expensive.
I am having a problem with my front right side shock absorber. there is a slight noise when I go over some speed breakers. I went to TASS and they say that the ball joint and bushes need to be replaced. This they are quoting 7,500 although my vehicle has done only 22,000 kms and still under 18 months.
I am really getting scared of this vehicle and regret buying it.
Dadu, the service charge you have mentioned is very high. What I spent for 20,000 service for my 3.0 Dicor was around 2,800. Until we all collectively protest againt all such discrepancies, I guess we all will get bankrupt soon .
I even spoke to Tata Motors and one gentleman by the name of Sudarshan Sahu, Customer Support, PCBU Bangalore came to Manipal motors but he is not willing to replace under warranty. Although under the link, under what is covered it says it bush is covered under extended warranty
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Must Know
Suspension: Shock absorbers (excluding fluid leakage), bush / mechanical falures, control arms, upper and lower wishbones, springs. Any claim for shock absorbers is limited to 35000 kms of vehicle use beyond which it deemed to be normal wear and tear.

Mine is still under original warranty and I also have extended warranty
Somebody please advise whom to contact.
Old 29th September 2008, 12:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
I have faced this issue too and got the headlamp replaced under warranty. I am scared what if this happens out of warranty, the parts are so expensive.
I am having a problem with my front right side shock absorber. there is a slight noise when I go over some speed breakers. I went to TASS and they say that the ball joint and bushes need to be replaced. This they are quoting 7,500 although my vehicle has done only 22,000 kms and still under 18 months.
I am really getting scared of this vehicle and regret buying it.
Dadu, the service charge you have mentioned is very high. What I spent for 20,000 service for my 3.0 Dicor was around 2,800. Until we all collectively protest againt all such discrepancies, I guess we all will get bankrupt soon .
I even spoke to Tata Motors and one gentleman by the name of Sudarshan Sahu, Customer Support, PCBU Bangalore came to Manipal motors but he is not willing to replace under warranty. Although under the link, under what is covered it says it bush is covered under extended warranty
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Must Know
Suspension: Shock absorbers (excluding fluid leakage), bush / mechanical falures, control arms, upper and lower wishbones, springs. Any claim for shock absorbers is limited to 35000 kms of vehicle use beyond which it deemed to be normal wear and tear.

Mine is still under original warranty and I also have extended warranty
Somebody please advise whom to contact.
Ask the TASS to give you an written estimate for the shock absorber replacement, with the kms noted. Ask the SA to put his name and contact no. on it. Ask Sudarshan Sahu to countersign the same.

Scan the same and email it, along with the link you put above, to customercare@tatamotors.com and call up their toll free helpline, register a complaint, quote the complaint no. in your email.

The TASS / Dealer SAs are pulled up by Tata Motors if they do any nonsense with customers.

The telephone nos. of the Tata Motors regional managers are displayed at every TASS. You can call them and escalate. Also speak to the Dealer Customer Relations manager, asking for clarification on the extended warranty. Beware they may always quote 'misuse' or 'negligence' to get away.
Old 29th September 2008, 12:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> "customercare@tatamotors.com

You can also mail a copy to supportsouth@tatamotors.com
Old 29th September 2008, 12:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

supportsouth@tatamotors.com doesnt work anymore.

and i recently got the suspension of my 3.0L overhauled and it was all under warranty.

Remember suspension warranty is till 35k only and till 35k its everything thats under warranty including the bushes.

Show them any extended warranty booklet and its written very clearly there and even after that they dont budge,tell them that you are going to file a complaint against them with TataMotors.

It will be done.
Old 29th September 2008, 22:03   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Ask the TASS to give you an written estimate for the shock absorber replacement, with the kms noted. Ask the SA to put his name and contact no. on it. Ask Sudarshan Sahu to countersign the same.

Scan the same and email it, along with the link you put above, to customercare@tatamotors.com and call up their toll free helpline, register a complaint, quote the complaint no. in your email.

The TASS / Dealer SAs are pulled up by Tata Motors if they do any nonsense with customers.

The telephone nos. of the Tata Motors regional managers are displayed at every TASS. You can call them and escalate. Also speak to the Dealer Customer Relations manager, asking for clarification on the extended warranty. Beware they may always quote 'misuse' or 'negligence' to get away.
Thanks a ton Srini and all the folks who have given your suggestions. I guess I will proceed as suggested and see what happens
Old 30th September 2008, 13:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Thanks a ton Srini and all the folks who have given your suggestions. I guess I will proceed as suggested and see what happens
Thanks to all you guys, finally I got the vehicle with replacement of ball joints and bushes for the front shock absorber. From a bill of Rs.7,500, Manipal motors reduced it to Rs.2,400, which they claim is for some rubber parts which is beyond warranty. I had to do a lot of threatening and contacting Tata motors repeatedly to get this done.

My question is how do we ensure that we are not getting harassed by TASS. Everytime, we may not have the knowledge or the the time to fight. So, is buying Safari seen by TASS as unlimited pool of money ?
Old 6th October 2008, 11:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
IMPORTANT - Please Note:
  • The warranty on the Head Lamp Assy may be void once the owner changes the Bulb in the assembly (other than that of specified power/ rating)
  • In that case TML might not replace the Head Lamp, though it might have moisture in it - which is common problem as of now
So request you to be careful, and avoid change in Bulbs for atleast in warranty period...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks