Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 15:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Rippergeo as always is clinically precise
Old 18th August 2008, 20:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wow, just came across this thread, was actually looking for some reviews of the Spark and stumbled upon this!

Bopanna dude, you are quite fortunate to have escaped serious harm. A broken rib and collar bone can easily cause a ruptured lung, which can be fatal. At any rate, without chastising you, all I can say is that I hope you have learnt some valuable lessons from this. Be safe.
Old 19th August 2008, 12:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Bopanna i am glad your safe and hope you have fully recovered. Thats a nice zen you got there too. SO whats going on with the insurance claims man? Did your car get back or you buying a new one. Whats the amount which the insurance guys giving you?
And about new car why dont you look at an suv or muv? Bolero Crdi is coming soon
Old 19th August 2008, 18:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Basically, you are lucky to get out alive without wearing seat belts and crashing face first into the windshield and that of course due to the lack of airbags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
I think it was blessing in disguise that you did not have airbags in your car.....no seat belt and airbag blowing up on your face is no good. Hope you recover quickly and get back on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
What was that again? You mean airbags kill? Come on. A lot of countries have airbags as mandatory in cars. You mean that they want all their citizens to be killed when they are involved in a crash !!! Airbags increase the possibility of someone getting away alive if the driver wears seatbelts as well.

Airbags can cause fatalities if the driver is not wearing seatbelts, is sitting too close to the steering and if there is a possible malfunction. However the pros far outweigh the cons.
Airbags will only deploy if the occupants are wearing their seatbelts. Please remember that the seatbelts and headrests are not fashion statements or status symbols! They all serve a purpose. Also bear in mind that airbags don't deploy 100% of the time. However bearing everything in mind, they are always worth opting for.

To those who say that airbags should be mandatory, considering that majority of the accidents in India occur at speeds at which they wouldn't deploy, and that cars would become more expensive by a minimum of 1 lakh, companies will not include them as standard fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
I wasnt wearing my seat belts, and if I can comment on which is a safer car on 7 to 8 lakh range i bet its the Fabia which gives you both airbags .
Hmmm the Swift ZXI also has frontal airbags, and so does the spark. I think that you should've gone for the model with airbags, and always remember to buckle up! Have you recovered from your injuries? Because with the fractures you have experienced, you should refrain from driving. Consult your physician

cheers:
Old 21st August 2008, 21:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad you survived! The pictures look like your car ook all the beating and left you fairly intact!
Old 19th September 2008, 08:04   #36
BHPian

Matiz is the only car in India to have successfully passed the stringent 40% Offset Frontal Crash Test and Spark is modeled in the same platform. It is safer than any other small cars in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks